• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Round of 32 1st Leg: Benfica vs Arsenal | Thursday 18th February |20:00 | BT Sport

What do you love more?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
We should be winning this. They’re poor.

Btw, my pal in the industry predicts boot cuts will be popular again late this summer. He’s never wrong.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Yeah, we should obviously start a player that hasn`t played for over a year in our most important game of the season so far.

When there is such a gufl in talent from the two players in question, it's worth taking a pub on the player back fron injuury.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
Bellerin trying to bring back boot cuts I heard.

I had to check his insta to find out if this true. I could only find the following:

- An ad about him being creative director for the Fifa computer game and about his "retro" kits which reminds me when i used to play the Play station game called Onside and intentionally create the most digusting kit as possible.

- A photo of him dressed as a camp pirate in pedo sandals.

- A photo of of him dressed as a crack head, latin American gang member.

- A photo of him wearing a orange/brown and green cardigan ( I've never met anyone wear a cardigan that was under 77 years old and wasn't called Dot, Ethel or Margaret) pretentiously prentending to write instead of staring at the camera of someone trying to take his photo.

Sadly no boot cut jeans.

Last edited:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Best available starting eleven please.

We may as well sacrifice the Man City game. 90% chance they'd beat us even with our best 11 out anyway.

Europa League is our most realistic route back in the CL. It has to take priority.

Let's not underestimate Benfica, whatever issues they're going through. We don't want another Olympiakos situation.
Nothing is impossible.
We beat Liverpool in the league last season with our B team.

ThisFather

Fan of Alpha Males
Can't understand how rotating the squad is being entertained. Surely we learned the lesson after Southampton in the FA cup?

This is a must win tie no matter what, we got out in the R32 last year against Olympiakos which was a catastrophic defeat. No way we can go out again at the same stage this time round. This is the meat and potatoes of our season, whether we get into champions league or not. We've already flunked the league and our season has ended. But this competition will give us a second chance.

smh can't believe ppl suggesting resting players just to lose 4-0 in the league which is practically worthless now. like rofl, as if its a likelihood we gonna beat City, Liverpool Leicester and Sp**s in our next few games.

Tsl

Hopefully same line up as against Leeds. I like having three players behind Auba who are all very secure on the ball, while making intelligent runs in behind as well. Makes our attack very fluent, and we're much better in possession. I feel sorry for Pepe though, he deserves a start.

GoonerJay24

Can't understand how rotating the squad is being entertained. Surely we learned the lesson after Southampton in the FA cup?

This is a must win tie no matter what, we got out in the R32 last year against Olympiakos which was a catastrophic defeat. No way we can go out again at the same stage this time round. This is the meat and potatoes of our season, whether we get into champions league or not. We've already flunked the league and our season has ended. But this competition will give us a second chance.

smh can't believe ppl suggesting resting players just to lose 4-0 in the league which is practically worthless now. like rofl, as if its a likelihood we gonna beat City, Liverpool Leicester and Sp**s in our next few games.

We have the qualities to beat most of those teams, it's just about Arteta's tactics and player selection.

There's no reason for us not to go for the league and Europa.

Sweet'n'Soulful

Yet another banned account of Jury
Benfica aren't really s**t they might having poor season like us but got players on thier day can cause troubles don't underrate anyone or its Olympiakos all over again
Can’t even be sure if the pace will suit us with this new way we have. It has generally suited us in recent times despite us being **** in the league, but can we adjust to the slower pace? How will it affect our form? I think we’ll be more comfortable tbh.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Can’t even be sure if the pace will suit us with this new way we have. It has generally suited us in recent times despite us being **** in the league, but can we adjust to the slower pace? How will it affect our form? I think we’ll be more comfortable tbh.
In Europe we should be more comfertable because teams don't press high like in league or have quick wingers or quality midfield but again you have to be careful

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...one of our worst ever kits.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Don’t wanna be seeing us get battered in the CL either but I just hate this competition...my enthusiasm for it is so so low. Maybe once the game starts

I would like it more if it wasn't so long just for us to eventually get knocked out. If I was sure of winning it I'd love it but after Atletico, Chelsea final and Olympiacos it's just been a horrible experience. Still not as bad as getting abused by Bayern/Barca or losing to Monaco/Milan.

GoonerBoy19

You know we have to win this game, right?

Yes I do, but not by burning ESR down to ground. Also I don't want to see Willian anywhere near the first team. Pepe has done well recently, its a shame he didn't start against Leeds. Auba got few knocks towards the end of last game and I am not sure of his fitness levels after the break. Martinelli or Nelson is a tough choice but I would take them over Willian any day.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
KDB is back in full training.
Of course he's back in time to play us.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Actually forgot he was at QPR wasn’t his wages what’s contributed to them struggling then he was forced to play U23s or something like that
Dunno, think he went on loan a few times before falling out with Redknapp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom