• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Round of 32 2nd Leg: Arsenal (1) v Benfica (1) | Thursday February 25 | KO: 17:55 UTC | BT Sport

Who Advances To The Round of 16?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I just hope the strongest 11 starts because I don’t want to see the usual excuses if it does go pear shaped.

Saying that, Benfica has very little quality so barring a red card or horrendous injury I can not see Arsenal not going through.

They have been crap this season and watching them against Arsenal last time out, there is seriously very little reason to be worried.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Leno
Bellerin Luiz Gabriel Tierney
Ceballos Xhaka
Saka ESR Pepe
Auba

Bring on Martinelli, Ødegaard, Laca if we are chasing the game.

I dont think he will start Pepe. I would not be surprised at all if Willian started this game. Arteta wont go out and try and blow them away and risk a counter attack. It will be a deep block and look for control in possession while hitting them on the break. He wont trust Pepe or Martinelli.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Think people are wrong if they expect Benfica to come at us. They got a few chances on the counter last time so I see them trying to keep it tight and play into that.

And with Arteta being cautious about protecting our away goal this will likely be a pain to endure.

teamsoutheast

They drew 0-0 with 17th place Farense last night. They were so average last night. We should beat them providing we play the same team as last time. We created alot of clear cut chances with Ceballos alongside Xhaka. That's all we've needed all season, someone to link the midfield with attack but just him in the team to do that isn't enough. I wonder if Partey is back in full trianing?

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Think people are wrong if they expect Benfica to come at us. They got a few chances on the counter last time so I see them trying to keep it tight and play into that.

And with Arteta being cautious about protecting our away goal this will likely be a pain to endure.
Think I will read live updates from AM rather than watching that ****show.
We do have some great players so there is always a chance that they will be able to produce individual magic worth watching, but it didn't happen that often since Arteta took over

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Think I will read live updates from AM rather than watching that ****show.
We do have some great players so there is always a chance that they will be able to produce individual magic worth watching, but it didn't happen that often since Arteta took over
We don't have individual talent other than saka all are limited footballer you watch city yesterday this is team have like 6-7 individuals talents can score anytime not us that's why we 10th

roz

Fake News Merchant
Going out to this Benfica side would top any other humiliating exit from European football.

Reckon most top half sides from the championship would beat them. They are utterly shiyte.

2-0 to the Arsenal.

If we do manage to go out to Benfica, Arteta should be gone Friday morning 100%

say yes

forum master baiter
Huge game for Mikel. We're performing much better than the results show at the moment, but can't really afford to lose this one.

krengon

One Arsène Wenger
Trusted ⭐
Should be a comfortable win really, we are levels above this Benfica team from what I saw of them last game. Without the away goal it could have been tricky, but now I can't see them troubling us.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
We won't lose this.
I'll make a prediction: If Everton beat Pool tonight, we'll beat City tomorrow.
Untitled.jpg
EsteemedMerryAztecant-size_restricted.gif

MikeVinna

Established Member
I want to see Pepe because they’ll leave some space for him and Saka. But it’s not gonna happen. Front 4 will be Ødegaard, Saka, ESR, Auba.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

...Pepe could never!

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
I'm a supporter of Arteta on the whole but if we get knocked out here it would be very hard to justify why he shouldn't be sacked. Biggest game of his managerial career so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom