• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Semi Final 2nd Leg: Arsenal (1) vs Villarreal (2) | Thursday 6th May | KO: 20:00 | BT Sports

Match prediction

• Arsenal win and go through 👍🏻

Votes: 74 62.2%
  • Arsenal win but are knocked out 👎🏻

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • Goalless draw 👎🏻

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Score draw 👎🏻

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • Villareal win 👎🏻

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • It goes on penalties 🙏

Votes: 7 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
He turned it around though when ESR came into the team around Nov/Dec.
It never turned around. All the warts were still there to see. The kids just did a nice job papering over the cracks. We never truly looked like anything other than a midtable side. Turning it around is what has happened at Chelsea which could have happened here with the same manager if there were anyone in a position of authority at the club who wasn't a total idiot who could admit Arteta isn't the solution.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

It never turned around. All the warts were still there to see. The kids just did a nice job papering over the cracks. We never truly looked like anything other than a midtable side. Turning it around is what has happened at Chelsea which could have happened here with the same manager if there were anyone in a position of authority at the club who wasn't a total ***** who could admit Arteta isn't the solution.
What I don't understand is why we seem incapable of hiring a manager that can speak both English and has some managerial experience? Doesn't seem like a super tall order, does it? Can you speak English? Check! Have you ever managed a team before? Check!

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

What I don't understand is why we seem incapable of hiring a manager that can speak both English and has some managerial experience? Doesn't seem like a super tall order, does it? Can you speak English? Check! Have you ever managed a team before? Check!

To be really honest, the manager doesn't even have to speak English.

I think we've been scarred by Emery (myself included no doubt) but I think in general he can be a bad communicator sometimes; like a lot of times his English answers in later pressers weren't exactly unintelligible, but they just weren't direct or they didn't answer the question properly and he'd go off on some tangent instead of being succinct and to the point.

Also I think he tried to communicate with the players without a translator? I could be wrong about that though. However I think a good enough manager that has a translator and can clearly convey his points might still be able to work; for example, Pochettino @ Southampton and early Sp*rs.

Just my 2p; obviously a manager that has a good command of English and has managerial experience and crucially has a tangible and impressive body of work is the ideal.

teamsoutheast

it was an awesome clean sheet! except Arteta forgets the team needs to bloody score as well... believe he set the team up to be cautious, try not to concede and then expects to nick a goal from somewhere.

Backfired terribly!
Absolute nonsense. He played a very attacking 4-1-4-1 with basically only Partey holding the midfield. We just couldn't score.

teamsoutheast

I had no compaints with that lineup. I saw people moaning in this thread about our midfield and being overrun but we had to go for it and we did. We aplayed an attacking 4-1-4-1 with Partey holding the midfield and a front 5 of Pepe ESR, Ødegaard Saka and Aubameyang. That is a very attacking team on paper and they should score but fair play to Villareal who defended very very well.

Let's play Aubamawang

The lineup wasn't the main problem, although trying out new formations in must-win games is a baffling decision. The attitude was embarrassing, like they couldn't cope with the pressure. We created barely anything despite the attacking lineup. It's clear at this point that we don't have the players to play the way Tets wants to. We need to go back to Wengerball, because flooding the box with crosses only works with a poacher getting on the end of them.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I've got nothing to say on that performance this morning apart from absolutely woeful. Really worth getting up at 5am in the morning to watch that stuff? Auba was unlucky hitting the posts twice though. In general apart from that, all we needed was a 1-0 win & we hardly put a shot in all game, generally just pass it around all game, seemed like no intent to get forward at the end. It's officially time for Arteta to go now imo, that was the last straw for me.

Who knows though, maybe with no European income now though KSE may finally decide to sell because of no extra income for European football. We probably would have got anhilated by United in the final anyway playing like that.

nas7232

Missed the game - doesn’t look good by the look of these posts. Has arteta been sacked yet? If not, then is arsenal now a mid table team with no European football?

pikey2000

Get the cheque book out and throw it at Brendan Rodgers - he might not be the man to win leagues for us but he has a clear way of playing, track record of improving players and teams, proved he can work on a non elite budget at Leicester, has a rough command on the English language :) - just chuck him a stupid wage now and let him get to work in the pre-season.

I'm convinced this squad is comparable to Leicester in terms of quality, there is still a stack of players we can get rid of to raise some funds for new players and we have a decent group of young players coming through......unlike last nights match, we need to come out fast and strike quick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom