• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Semi Final 2nd Leg: Arsenal (1) vs Villarreal (2) | Thursday 6th May | KO: 20:00 | BT Sports

Match prediction

• Arsenal win and go through 👍🏻

Votes: 74 62.2%
  • Arsenal win but are knocked out 👎🏻

Votes: 11 9.2%
  • Goalless draw 👎🏻

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Score draw 👎🏻

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • Villareal win 👎🏻

Votes: 13 10.9%
  • It goes on penalties 🙏

Votes: 7 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
To be really honest, the manager doesn't even have to speak English.

I think we've been scarred by Emery (myself included no doubt) but I think in general he can be a bad communicator sometimes; like a lot of times his English answers in later pressers weren't exactly unintelligible, but they just weren't direct or they didn't answer the question properly and he'd go off on some tangent instead of being succinct and to the point.

Also I think he tried to communicate with the players without a translator? I could be wrong about that though. However I think a good enough manager that has a translator and can clearly convey his points might still be able to work; for example, Pochettino @ Southampton and early Sp*rs.

Just my 2p; obviously a manager that has a good command of English and has managerial experience and crucially has a tangible and impressive body of work is the ideal.
Go get Bielsa

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Felt like I could cry yesterday and I thought I'm dead inside when it comes to Arsenal. It's when you finally come to terms that there's no coming back anymore.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
BS from mikel in 180 minutes we played with fear and we were timid it was not good enough i know you can win games being terrible but that been going all season.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
You can never trust a man who sits with his legs crossed imo.

Also, Mikel could have at least wore a suit or something for the interview, ffs...looks like he is sitting their waiting for Jeremy Kyle to tell him he is not the father :lol:

avenellroad

John Radford’s son

This coward is our manager.

He's after the sympathy, stay strong lads, he's going.

The fact is, he is woefully out of his depth for a club this size. I'd have had more sympathy for him if he had cut his teeth at a smaller club and shown that he can motivate players in a crisis.

The fact that people are trying to normalise finishing 10th for a club the size of Arsenal is just criminal. Arteta got a job on the back of references not for what he's actually done. We're finishing behind teams which have less than half the resources/facilities we do. He needs to be sacked but won't be because Kronke doesn't give a ****.

Riou

Still can't get over how bad we were, tbh.

Their best defender, midfielder and forward were all injured/suspended and they played their 2nd choice keeper...could still only muster up like 2 good shots :facepalm:

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
should have played Elneny. Thats where the game was lost. All these Ødegaard, smith rowe, parteys are good enough but they have no substance.

Artemis

Still can't get over how bad we were, tbh.

Their best defender, midfielder and forward were all injured/suspended and they played their 2nd choice keeper...could still only muster up like 2 good shots :facepalm:
I can't get it out of my mind either. It was a criminal performance. If I was the manager, and I actually intended Arsenal to be eliminated, I would ask for a performance like yesterday's.

It was under instructions, that's something we can never forget. The players did exactly what was asked of them.

Artemis

should have played Elneny. Thats where the game was lost. All these Ødegaard, smith rowe, parteys are good enough but they have no substance.
Arteta showed extreme arrogance with his stubborn complex tactics. He has confused these players especially the young ones. Saka/ESR genuinely didn't know where to position themselves. Partey was isolated. Ødegaard had no clue where to pick the ball up or who to feed it to.

The only reason we beat Benfica and Slavia Prague is because he realized his tactics were garbage and played it simple. That's how we came back to beat both of them.

Keep it simple, play Saka/Pepe on the wings, two holding players, it's not complicated. But no, he had to appear to be a genius with his insanely complicated instructions.

If I wasn't convinced he was arrogant I'd say he intended for Arsenal to be eliminated.

Plutarch

I'm surprised how poor we were. Maybe it's foolish to be surprised. But even though we've been bad this season, we have managed one or two good performances. I somehow thought that in this game at least, we'd manage another. The fact that we didn't really shows there's a lot wrong with the club. I'm not particularly optimistic about our future. The Kroenkes aren't going to fix anything.

Riou

Also I can't believe we let the team, who posted that horrible pre match video, of that kid with the submarine, beat us...very dark day for the club.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom