• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL SF 1st Leg: Arsenal v Atletico Madrid | April 26, 2018 20:05 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I've got tix for this, i'm so f*cking nervous. It could be deliriously incredible or it could be a disaster. I can't bare to think about it. Just hoping the players put a shift in, don't act like d*cks (i.e themselves) for an evening and pull something out of the bag.

I'd go 3 at the back too, surprise them with Kolasinac bombing forward down the wing early on making cut-backs to a marauding Rambo. But what do I know, just don't be d*cks is the main thing.

mavelous

Tinfoil hat aficionado
i want us to play like we did against Sp**s and utd, at home, without the stupid errors to give them their only shots at goal. obviously we have it in us, and although there's no sanchez, let's hope mkhi and wilshere magically turn up for the night.

it could be really special. i'm not the type to get my hopes up, but there's nothing to lose here really. we're due a great performance.

the stadium will be roaring regardless.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Hopefully Wenger is playing the mind games with Mkhi like he was with Lacazette before the United game.
Never understood why Wenger didn;t play these mind games more often. Other managers do it all the time, Poch with Kane and Ali to think of the most recent example.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Xhaka is going to be pressed hard and marked tightly whenever we have the ball, can guarantee you that Atletico will have realised how essential he is to our build up play. Xhaka will still be critical to the tie but largely without the ball, he's going to have to muscle up and be a presence at the base of the midfield.

Ramsey is the one that is going to need to step up the most in possession and will need to stay disciplined. Can't have him drifting to high and not looking to receive the ball from the back 4.
We're going to have Özil drop deep, as you said Elneny is injured, Wilshere is off-form/injured and Ramsey just isn't that type of player.

Özil dropping deep wouldn't be a huge problem if Mkhi was fit but he's our sole playmaker now.

Other more left-field alternatives involve Iwobi/AMN playing in CM. They've got the technical ability required to play a good short passing game and would also add an interesting burst of pace to our central midfield. Only problem is their lack of experience in CM and in general.

Last edited:

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Kind of ****ty we have to play them at home first.... So it goes though.

IslingtonBornandbred

I saw them live at the Nou Camp earlier in the year. They are definitely dangerous when they want to be. They weren't as aggressive or as horrible as I expected them to be but in the first half they sat in and were very compact. Barca couldn't break them down. In the second half Atletico came out more and were dangerous with Costa and Griezmann but Messi scored a free-kick. I honestly can't see us scoring on Thursday night but we'll wait and see.

Thomas Partey was very good in central midfield....a powerful Ghanaian DM...he was also very good on the ball so keep an eye out for him if he plays.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Unfortunately I might miss this as I am going down to visit my parents in the Drakensburg. But will do my best. Pretty nervous and hoping for the best although our season suggests we can't take on the extra pressure that comes with these fixtures.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
This needs to be played like an away game at a difficult ground. Assume 0-0 is a good result, don't risk too much but be ready to seize on any break and use dead ball situations to the max.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
This needs to be played like an away game at a difficult ground. Assume 0-0 is a good result, don't risk too much but be ready to seize on any break and use dead ball situations to the max.
We've been dreadful away. Remind the lads it is a home game so they don;t choke and then in the reverse fixture try convince them it's still at home.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Anyone else switching between:

'they'll give it their all for Wenger' optimism and 'We have been **** all season against any half-decent side and are going to get trashed' ?

Just can't predict what Arsenal we'll get.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Okay, just got confirmation I can watch this at the local pub in the Drakensburg. My crazy uncle who got me hooked on Arsenal years ago will be joining me so I expect to be proper smashed by the full time whistle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom