• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL SF 1st Leg: Arsenal v Valencia | May 2, 2019 20:00 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
MRF2019-Arsenalv-Valencia.jpg

2 days until kick-off and nobody else made the thread so **** you guys

• This season Arsenal cruised through to the knockout phase from Group E, dropping just two points as they qualified with two games to spare, but they had a scare in both the round of 32 and round of 16 against BATE Borisov and Rennes respectively before winning home (2-0) and away (1-0) in the quarter-final against Napoli.

• Valencia's autumn campaign was in the UEFA Champions League, where they finished third behind Juventus and Manchester United in Group H (W2 D2 L2). They are unbeaten in their six UEFA Europa League matches, having knocked out Celtic and Krasnodar before claiming quarter-final victories in both legs (3-1 away, 2-0 home) against fellow Spanish side Villarreal.

• The clubs have been paired together in UEFA competition on three previous occasions, Valencia coming out on top each time.

Team News:
Özil & Monreal doubts
Ramsey still out
Coquelin suspended

No idea what he'll do team wise but this is probably the strongest front 6 on paper with the players available, could do with Monreal being fit
Untitled.jpg

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

A nice 3-0 win, confirm our place in the final please, that's all I ask.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I was wondering who was actually going to make one :lol: we’ve all had our records ruined in recent weeks.

All jokes aside, good post and agree on line up. Maybe Monreal for Kolasinac but it shouldn’t matter.

We need to do our best to put them to the sword first leg. They’re a good outfit and like us are in a real battle for top four and CL football next year.

Honestly the EL is probably their best chance of getting there. Got a good team but no better than Napoli really.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Yes expected we stay with same line formation.
Cech
Niles Sokratis kosh monreal
Xhaka Torreira
Mkhi Özil auba
Laca

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
We need above all to avoid them scoring, I just don't know how that will happen given our last three games. 0-0 wouldn't be great but wouldn't be a disaster. If we go to their place needing to win, we won't.

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

Finally a thread.

Really have no clue what to expect for this one. Can see us cruise to an easy win or might as well sh*t the bed again.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

I have a ticket for this one so we'd better win.

Finally have the chance to lay the ghost of John Carew to rest. Knocked out by Valencia and his goals in 2001 and 2003.

Whatever team and formation we go with at least one player will be starting that hasn't done enough to merit his place - Iwobi, Mkhi, or Guendouzi. Sadly we are at the bare bones and one of them will have to play. They'd better step up.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I have a ticket for this one so we'd better win.

Finally have the chance to lay the ghost of John Carew to rest. Knocked out by Valencia and his goals in 2001 and 2003.

Whatever team and formation we go with at least one player will be starting that hasn't done enough to merit his place - Iwobi, Mkhi, or Guendouzi. Sadly we are at the bare bones and one of them will have to play. They'd better step up.

2003 was one of my earliest football memories actually.

I remember Henry getting that hat trick vs Roma before Carew did us in the final game. If we’d have beaten Roma at home I think we’d have been in the quarters.

darkgunner

We'll probably need the back 5 for this one

Cech

Sokratis - Koscielny - Monreal

AMN -------------------- Kolasinac

Torreira Özil

Nketiah Aubameyang Lacazette

Bench: Leno, Jenkinson, Mustafi, Willock, Guendouzi, Saka

alboots101

Established Member
I’ve always tried to be positive but I’m struggling with this game, I’m kinda hoping that our p*ss poor form in the league is to lure Valencia into over confidence. I do think we’ll score, I also think we’ll concede so we have to score 3 or 4.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
MRF2019-Arsenalv-Valencia.jpg

2 days until kick-off and nobody else made the thread so **** you guys

• This season Arsenal cruised through to the knockout phase from Group E, dropping just two points as they qualified with two games to spare, but they had a scare in both the round of 32 and round of 16 against BATE Borisov and Rennes respectively before winning home (2-0) and away (1-0) in the quarter-final against Napoli.

• Valencia's autumn campaign was in the UEFA Champions League, where they finished third behind Juventus and Manchester United in Group H (W2 D2 L2). They are unbeaten in their six UEFA Europa League matches, having knocked out Celtic and Krasnodar before claiming quarter-final victories in both legs (3-1 away, 2-0 home) against fellow Spanish side Villarreal.

• The clubs have been paired together in UEFA competition on three previous occasions, Valencia coming out on top each time.

Team News:
Özil & Monreal doubts
Ramsey still out
Coquelin suspended

No idea what he'll do team wise but this is probably the strongest front 6 on paper with the players available, could do with Monreal being fit
Untitled.jpg

Wow that's a long suspension!

Team News:
Özil & Monreal doubts
Ramsey still out
Coquelin suspended

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
The likes of Rodrigo and Gudes if us being sloppy they'll punish us also Parejo is good in set pieces. Napoli were much stronger team than Valencia and we knock them without conceding it all depend on our c**ts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom