• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL SF 2nd Leg: Atletico Madrid (1) v Arsenal (1) | May 3, 2018 20:05 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction for the Rex Banner Derby?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Untitled.jpg

• 1-1 after first leg in London, Vrsaljko and Simeone sent off
  • Wenger overseeing 250th UEFA club game as coach
  • Hosts have won last four UEL home games, none conceded
  • Arsenal without a win in last six games in Spain (D2 L4)
  • Winners will be nominal away side in Lyon final
Team News
Aubameyang cup-tied
Ospina, Iwobi and Mkhitaryan doubts
Elneny could return

Untitled.jpg

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Do you start Mkhi and then sub him later or keep him on the bench initially?

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
I’ll go with a back three in this one to keep Costa/Griezmann in check. Plus Mustafi does well in the middle of a back three.

Ospina​
Chambers — Mustafi — Holding​
— Hector — Xhaka — Ramsey — Monreal —
———— Mesut ————— Mkhitaryan ————
Lacazette​

Hopefully Arsenal can score the first goal!

This second leg would’ve been so different had we not conceded the away goal!!

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Ospina
Bellerin Chambers Koscielny Monreal
Ramsey Xhaka Wilshere
Özil Mkhitaryan
Lacazette
I think we might see this, tho I wouldn't be surprised if we just went with Mustafi regardless.

Brown Gooner

DoN'T ceNsOR maH FreE SpEecH
Ospina
Bellerin Chambers Koscielny Monreal
Ramsey Xhaka Wilshere
Özil Mkhitaryan
Lacazette
I think we might see this, tho I wouldn't be surprised if we just went with Mustafi regardless.
That’s not a bad formation either. Our four most creative players (Mesut, Mkhi, Jack and Aaron) against a team that parks the bus.

However I’d be tempted to throw in the Greek guy ahead of Captain Calamity (Laurent).

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

I’ll go with a back three in this one to keep Costa/Griezmann in check. Plus Mustafi does well in the middle of a back three.

Ospina​
Chambers — Mustafi — Holding​
— Hector — Xhaka — Ramsey — Monreal —
———— Mesut ————— Mkhitaryan ————
Lacazette​

Hopefully Arsenal can score the first goal!

This second leg would’ve been so different had we not conceded the away goal!!

Looking at the circumstances we've put ourselves in a back three is not ideal in this type of game.

Atletico will score, there's no point in trying to take a more defensive and cautious approach to try and avoid it. We need to score 2 goals. I want us to go at them with all we've got to get those 2 goals.

I say we stick with the same team American_Gooner posted with Mkhitaryan coming in for Wilshere.

2Smokeyy

5.0 ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ (49)
Trusted ⭐

Qarabag got a goal there, we can do this!

Go out there for the win and we go through.

People are making it out as if they're a peak Barcelona.

For any fans that don't feel confident and need some reassurance about this one, I recommend you to watch the match they played against Sporting in the last round. Sporting had very good opportunities and failed to take advantage of them.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Can’t handle Mustafi, I’d honestly consider the back 4 we ended with today.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I'll go with same midfield at home and Mkhi in place of Wele. Unfortunately Mustafi will start this one

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

They only scored because we completely shot ourselves in the foot. If we can get a goal and defend somewhat competently then we'll make a decent game of it at least. Need to show the same intensity that we had at the start of the first leg and play as a team working incredibly hard off the ball. Griezmann and Costa are a quality strikeforce but they've honestly not got much outside that, a lot of tidy passers in midfield and some good defensive players but they're not exactly a team filled with players from midfield or outwide who're top quality in terms of causing damage.

They are the better team.
They have the advantage.

Don't see us even scoring a goal here. But I'm in for a nice surprise! I really want excuse to buy some coke, and the final in Lyon is a perfect time for that!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom