• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL SF 2nd Leg: Atletico Madrid (1) v Arsenal (1) | May 3, 2018 20:05 BST | BT Sport

Match Prediction for the Rex Banner Derby?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
Head says 0-0 or 1-0 them, but there’s absolutely no reason we can’t advance. Likely won’t be a gift of an early red this time, so the boys will have to step it up a level (especially re: finishing).

Kash

Arsène FC Supporter
also remember, they have already qualified for CL....so actually only one team is playing for its life ...

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Since before the first leg I've thought we'd do it but my rational mind just won't let me say it to anyone. I even feel like a loony optimist posting it here but surely the stars are going to align and Wenger goes out on a high.

I thought we were going to finish the tie the way we started off in the first leg but now I think about it that wouldn't have been exciting enough. We always do things the hard way...

Our entire season boiled down to one game, the footballing gods owe him.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
Watched the highlights from their game away at Alaves. If it weren't for two * mistakes from Wakaso in the box that led to Atletico getting those penalties, they didn't seem bothered to attack that much and Alaves were trying to score from different positions.

It's going to be hard to score against them when we need 10 big chances to convert into just one goal, but not impossible.
As I said after the first leg, we have to run at them and put pressure.
What I'm worried about is that we'll sit back when they attack and let them dominate us.

They're a lucky team and can score from 2-3 chances, Costa has always knew how to handle us and our defense is a shambles, so we need to keep control of the midfield as much as possible.

MkhiMagic

Watched the highlights from their game away at Alaves. If it weren't for two * mistakes from Wakaso in the box that led to Atletico getting those penalties, they didn't seem bothered to attack that much and Alaves were trying to score from different positions.

It's going to be hard to score against them when we need 10 big chances to convert into just one goal, but not impossible.
As I said after the first leg, we have to run at them and put pressure.
What I'm worried about is that we'll sit back when they attack and let them dominate us.

They're a lucky team and can score from 2-3 chances, Costa has always knew how to handle us and our defense is a shambles, so we need to keep control of the midfield as much as possible.
Not in the least worried about this. They don’t dominate any team this way. They’ll be cowering away in their own half daring us to score. The danger will come from counter attacks and balls over the top just like the first game. Especially since the score line is slightly in their favor and they only concede 0.5 goals on average. It’s all going to be about how efficient we are in front of goal and our brain dead defenders staying mistake free.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I think they'll take the lead early in the 2nd half but Mhki will score 61st min and Laca 78 mins to put us through to the final.

MkhiMagic

It's enough for them to dominate us 5-7 minutes and put pressure in the box for someone in our defense to make a costly mistake.
If we take the lead then yeah that’ll definitely be in the cards, otherwise I see us dominating possession and them playing a counter attacking game.

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
If we take the lead then yeah that’ll definitely be in the cards, otherwise I see us dominating possession and them playing a counter attacking game.
As long as we don't play anymore of that sideways ****, we can create trouble.
The away game at Milan is a good example, because it was the first time in a long time when we actually played direct football and didn't pass it 100 times back to the keeper.

IchirotoV2

What's good, for me, is that we don't have to go there and defend (a lead) for 90 minutes. We simply can't absorb pressure. I could see us crumbling in that situation.

Of course it's not ideal to chase, but I'd rather that than have to desperately defend for a whole game.

Longy

I really can't see us holding out the goals.

We blew it with the missed chances at home,
Well need to score at least 3.

Not confident, but looking forward to it.

Sammy1887

New Year, Same Hate For Reed
I am relaxed for this one. Would have been more worried had we got a 1 or a 2 goal lead. I think we can sucker punch a few goals. Definitely doable, have some faith you all. #ComeonArsenal

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom