• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL SF 2nd Leg: Valencia (1) v Arsenal (3) | May 9, 2019 20:00 BST | BT Sport

• Thread starter A_G
  • Start date
  • Replies 1,536
  • Views 102,968

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Untitled.jpg

Season defining game: go through and there's still a chance to make this season a success. Lose and there will be serious questions asked of the manager/players.

• Valencia are undefeated in 11 UEFA Europa League home games, with wins in all of the last eight during which they have scored 22 goals and conceded just three. The last team to defeat them at Mestalla in this competition were a Premier League side, Swansea City racking up a 3-0 win on matchday one in the 2013/14 group stage.

• Of the 19 UEFA competition ties in which Valencia have lost away in the first leg, they have recovered to win on aggregate on ten occasions. When the defeat has been 3-1, however, they have lost all three ties. Indeed, the only time that they have come back from a first-leg away defeat of a margin greater than one goal was in the 2013/14 UEFA Europa League quarter-final, when they overturned a 0-3 defeat at Basel with a 5-0 home victory after extra time. That remains the biggest second-leg comeback in the UEFA Europa League knockout phase.

• Arsenal have won the first leg at home in 19 UEFA competition ties and have prevailed in 17 of them, most recently against Napoli in this season's quarter-final. The only two times that they have failed to qualify following first-leg victories in north London came after 2-1 scorelines, the first of them to Valencia in that 2000/01 UEFA Champions League quarter-final, the second also against Spanish opposition when they lost to Barcelona (1-3 away) in the round of 16 of the same competition ten years later.

Expecting the same team that played last week: Cech, AMN and that hippo Kolasinac to come back in after being rested against Brighton.

team.jpg

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Considering how important CL money is for us would say potentially the next 2-3 years of our club is on the line on this game, and then the final if we get there. So no pressure

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Win and no injuries please, f*ck off the Burnley game and just simply focus on this final.

It's do or die time for Emery, not for me personally, but Arsenal fans will just completely turn if we fail to deliver CL football.

I trust him to win this.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Don't know what to expect but we are in good position our players need to show some balls at this one

Wengysaurus

Dont think I could handle a Chelsea final, the thought of them beating us makes me feel physically sick. They would already be in the champions league, and not only would they stop us winning a trophy but they would stop us getting into the champions league. Scary thought. I recon it will be 2-1 to Valencia. We will scrape through to Baku.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Valencia looked poor the other night. Arsenal were poor today. So **** knows. At least we have a lead.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

1 goal from Valencia and we'll completely bottle it. I don't trust our lot. Only cause for optimism is that Koscielny will be back. Then again it was him that pretty much prevented us from winning the thing last year so even then there's doubts there.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Valencia are 6 up yes against relegated team but that impressive result.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Tbf they're currently winning 6-0

Slartibartfast

CIES Loyalist
1 goal from Valencia and we'll completely bottle it. I don't trust our lot. Only cause for optimism is that Koscielny will be back. Then again it was him that pretty much prevented us from winning the thing last year so even then there's doubts there.

If Arsenal can get an away goal, they have a pretty good chance of going through. Two would almost assure it, but Valencia hasn't given up more than a single goal at home since Juventus beat them 2-0 in the Champions League in September.

roz

Fake News Merchant
The players will be hurting from todays result, If they have any pride they will at least get us to the final

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom