• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UK Transfer Deadline Day Summer 2018

If you could only sign one player on DD, what position would it be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Expecting really nothing with just 9 hours to go. Look Emery happy with his squad even if Welbeck left I don't mind it but the defense look poor

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
And yet I can nearly guarantee next to no one had head of him

Guendouzi was a no name a couple of weeks ago and now people are fawning

There are some disappointing aspects to our transfer window but not signing Marcelo or some ‘good-on-football-manager’ left back isn’t one of them for me.

Different times back then. People working in the industry would've been well aware of him, the people that matter (and that's obviously the case with us seeing as we signed him) but nowadays every man and his dog is a scout if they want to be thanks to a combination of YouTube, social media, increased exposure to foreign leagues, the pc game football manager etc.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Expecting really nothing with just 9 hours to go. Look Emery happy with his squad even if Welbeck left I don't mind it but the defense look poor

Defence needs working on over the next year - Sven & co need to be looking at a long term LB and hopefully a top tier CB with an eye to signing both next summer

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I reckon with some outgoings being done today we could see a good January for a couple of signings. I mean we ended up doing loads last Jan, felt like a summer window!

SpookyDukey

soyuncu to Leicester looks a done deal. Kante, Mahrez, ndidi, Maguire. Leicester have certainly done fantastic business over their time in the premiership. Whoever is choosing their targets needs a pay rise. All of them would have walked into our side and Leicester aren’t even a legitimate top half team.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I reckon with some outgoings being done today we could see a good January for a couple of signings. I mean we ended up doing loads last Jan, felt like a summer window!

Because we got money from selling the Ox, Giroud, and Walcott.
We won't get as much by selling Perez / Welbeck / Jenkinson / Campbell.

I think it's going to be a quiet transfer window in Jan.

Except if Josh Kroenke replaces Gazidis and wants to make a name for himself by supporting Emery to bring some good players.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Because we got money from selling the Ox, Giroud, and Walcott.
We won't get as much by selling Perez / Welbeck / Jenkinson / Campbell.

I think it's going to be a quit transfer window in Jan.

Except if Josh Kroenke replaces Gazidis and wants to make a name for himself by supporting Emery to bring some good players.

There will be other sales in January.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Who would bring enough funds to bring a 30/40M player? (that's the price nowadays for a good player).

Realistically you'd be looking at a Mustafi, Kolasinac or elnenny type possibly being moved on. Not sure any of them would fund a big signing.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Who would bring enough funds to bring a 30/40M player? (that's the price nowadays for a good player).

We've sold £10M's worth so far, if we can get rid of Welbeck for £15M even better.

£25M is enough for a quality left back. Mustafi could easily be sold in Jan to pave the way for a good CB as well, we'll see, there should be money available though.

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

Realistically you'd be looking at a Mustafi, Kolasinac or elnenny type possibly being moved on. Not sure any of them would fund a big signing.
These are the next 3 i expect to go and that will be more or less the deadwood gone imo

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi

Kolasinac has been terrible and got too much injuries for any club throwing at him more than £5/10M.
Mustafi was already for sale since last summer and nobody has come with a decent offer.
Elneny yes maybe we could get £10/15M for him.

The thing is we don't have much valuable assets we can sell. Liverpool & Chelsea were great lately in that regard.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Kolasinac has been terrible and got too much injuries for any club throwing at him more than £5/10M.
Mustafi was already for sale since last summer and nobody has come with a decent offer.
Elneny yes maybe we could get £10/15M for him.

The thing is we don't have much valuable assets we can sell. Liverpool & Chelsea were great lately in that regard.

Well Kolasinac was free so anything around 5M would still be a bonus.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom