• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UK Transfer Deadline Day Summer 2018

If you could only sign one player on DD, what position would it be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Imagine having a company worth £1.8 billion and owner worth several times that & having to start up a just giving page and a cake sale to buy Domagoj Vida..

When owner interested about ranchs more than the club he own. Imagine spending 500M on ranch

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Imagine having a company worth £1.8 billion and owner worth several times that & having to start up a just giving page and a cake sale to buy Domagoj Vida..

The sooner people realise we're self sustained and will continue to be while Kroenke's in charge the better.

No point getting aggy about it, that's how the clubs run. Until we get a country backing us it will not change so get behind the team to get into the CL and create more revenue or hush.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
100k for a player that mediocre and that injury prone is insane :lol:

this one is going to be really hard to sell.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent
Just a thought - the transfer section has been a big part of my internet browsing habits the last few months and will feel strange from tomorrow onwards

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
The sooner people realise we're self sustained and will continue to be while Kroenke's in charge the better.

No point getting aggy about it, that's how the clubs run. Until we get a country backing us it will not change so get behind the team to get into the CL and create more revenue or hush.

We don't even fully use our ressources.
I can't believe Arsenal FC can't afford to spend £50M more when we basically haven't spend any of last years budget thanks to sales.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
We'll end up selling Welbeck Ospina and Perez for 20M combined. Not good enough we should've gotten more.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
We don't even fully use our ressources.
I can't believe Arsenal FC can't afford to spend £50M more when we basically haven't spend any of last years budget thanks to sales.

I wouldn't give a new manager more than what he's been given this summer. £70M budget, use what you want after sales are made but I wouldn't give him more until I knew he was taking us places. Considering our self sustained model you wouldn't give any new manager £150M + off the bat. It wouldn't make sense. Especially when that managers main pitch was how he can improve EVERY player in the squad.

Next summer if we make CL you'll probably see a budget of around £100M, for me theres no reason to moan right now.

Pat Rice

Self-Proclaimed Nice Guy

Good point. I’ll “hush” and go and buy the full home and away kits because it’s going to fund next seasons transfers budget.

Ceballinhos

Cheating on Santi
I wouldn't give a new manager more than what he's been given this summer. £70M budget, use what you want after sales are made but I wouldn't give him more until I knew he was taking us places. Considering our self sustained model you wouldn't give any new manager £150M + off the bat. It wouldn't make sense. Especially when that managers main pitch was how he can improve EVERY player in the squad.

Next summer if we make CL you'll probably see a budget of around £100M, for me theres no reason to moan right now.

It doesn't have anything to do with the manager mate.
Emery doesn't even have the full control on transfers. They've brought a new team to take care of that. The board should fully back them.

Even it it's a new manager that you don't trust yet - and it would really be a stupid way to think because how can you expect your new manager to be successful if you don't fully back him? Especially when you're in the most competitive league and any team can spend £50M) - we're going into the season with the worst defensive options in the top 6, and by far.

Even if Emery can and will improve players he isn't a wizard. He's not transforming Mustafi, one of the worst CB in the league last year, into a solid CB. Holding and Mavropanos don't have enough experience.

Buying a solid player is an investment.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Something exciting for us that will give Nelson and Smith-Rowe so many chances in league/Europea league

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Just going to sit back and watch everyone scramble. Quite content with our squad and think we can strongly contest for a top four spot.

You can't want world class signings in every position and then moan when young players don't want to sign new deals or leave. You can't want Mslintat to make under the radar signings then moan when a pathway is created for them.

We brought in a goalkeeper. We loaned out Chambers with a view to him replacing Sokratis when he comes back or sold if not good enough. We have given Mavrapanos and Holding a genuine chance to stake their claim. Nelson has been given a massive opportunity as no winger has been bought. Welbeck and Perez gives Nketiah genuine game time. AMN will get more playing time and Guendozi looks a find. On top of that we have bought one of the most promising central midfielders in the world. Ramsey looks like he is signing. Emery just needs to put it all together.

We spend within our means. We only spend what we make so if we Champions League football, the Adidas deal goes through we will have more to spend next summer.

We can invest in a LB next summer and a CB if it doesn't work out this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom