• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I swear there some people always like to be negative specially twitter if we win they say meh i like attacking football not 1 great half one bad half and when we lose they start saying Emery sucks. there still some wanted Arteta over Emery i think they watch Arteta manage some club we never watched before.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Can't believe I nearly let @say yes convince me that there's been no improvement
only people who refusing to support the new manager dont see improvement the guy forced to play with average defense 2 of our most important defenders their season is over in the middle of the season attack has got no width. i don't know what they were expecting.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Maybe , just maybe the majority of the fans could back him up now until the end of the season when the chance is there to grab the CL spot?

The polarization of the fanbase will do more bad than good considering we are actually in a pretty good position entering the final third of the season.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I actually don't get it. Please somebody explain this concept that if you aren't slating Emery you must be his fanboy?
Some of us are simply willing to give the man time. It doesn't mean we think he is the next best thing in Management. Perhaps we're simply more patient. Or perhaps we have different *cough*more realistic*cough* expectations

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
No, but I didn't say that though did I..
Nobody is saying he's a perfect manager.

What the FvCK is with this forum and having to be polar opposites... Either Boiling hot or freezing cold. There is such a thing as lukewarm as well...

sorry, wasn't meant as a dig at you. I just can't stand stuff like this just above your post:

WhAt iS EmErY’s sTylE?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
I like to think that if Holding & Bellerin had stayed fit, we would be right up there challenging for the title, not just 4th. Often pundits and fans fail to take such loses into account, they just blame the manager. Keep it up Unai!

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
My main criticism of Emery (as opposed to the squad) is his reluctance to rotate and give younger players more chances. I think that cost us some needless tired legs and maybe injuries earlier in the season.

Not going to have many chances now but there is one with the Rennes tie. If we can win at least two of the next three games (three would be heaven) 4th place is ours to lose and 3rd becomes possible. However the Manu game is sandwiched by the Rennes games. Manu will have a day's more rest than us and may well give up the PSG tie as lost.

So Emery has to show sang-froid and play a team at Rennes which won't lose the tie but which rests key players for the Manu game. I fear his fixation with the Europa League may prevent him from doing this but it would be a shame because good as it would be to win the EL it is far from certain we'll do it. But if we lose the home game to Manu it is almost certain we don't grab 4th.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
My main criticism of Emery (as opposed to the squad) is his reluctance to rotate and give younger players more chances. I think that cost us some needless tired legs and maybe injuries earlier in the season.

Not going to have many chances now but there is one with the Rennes tie. If we can win at least two of the next three games (three would be heaven) 4th place is ours to lose and 3rd becomes possible. However the Manu game is sandwiched by the Rennes games. Manu will have a day's more rest than us and may well give up the PSG tie as lost.

So Emery has to show sang-froid and play a team at Rennes which won't lose the tie but which rests key players for the Manu game. I fear his fixation with the Europa League may prevent him from doing this but it would be a shame because good as it would be to win the EL it is far from certain we'll do it. But if we lose the home game to Manu it is almost certain we don't grab 4th.
Not giving youngsters a chance? Let's evaluate that statement. One of the mainstays in our team has been Geundouzi. A 19 year old. AMN was playing fairly regularly before he got injured. ESR played a few games too.
Emery is using youngsters the same if not more than Wenger. Agree though that perhaps more rotation would help in an injury crisis.. but this line that Emery doesn't use the youngsters is not really valid. Name one other team fighting for top four that is gifting youngsters chance after chance.. You can't have it both ways man.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Not giving youngsters a chance? Let's evaluate that statement. One of the mainstays in our team has been Geundouzi. A 19 year old. AMN was playing fairly regularly before he got injured. ESR played a few games too.
Emery is using youngsters the same if not more than Wenger. Agree though that perhaps more rotation would help in an injury crisis.. but this line that Emery doesn't use the youngsters is not really valid. Name one other team fighting for top four that is gifting youngsters chance after chance.. You can't have it both ways man.
Takes too long to drag out the info but I watched the games. In the EL we coasted through games with a first XI and barely used Nketiah, Willock, Medley et al.

It is because we are fighting for top four and don't have a fantabulous squad that rotation is so important in (on paper) easier games in the EL, Carabo, even premier league.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
It is because we are fighting for top four and don't have a fantabulous squad that rotation is so important in (on paper) easier games in the EL, Carabo, even premier league.
Sorry but you do not build consistency rotating your first XI like crazy to achieve in the league. It just doesn't happen. As I asked, who else chasing top four is using this strategy of putting in youngsters? Go on, answer it
Takes too long to drag out the info but I watched the games. In the EL we coasted through games with a first XI and barely used Nketiah, Willock, Medley et al.

When Wenger played too many youngsters in the Carabo cup we'd routinely be humiliated or have an extra fixture in the season because we drew to bloody Leeds or Lutton Town or some nobody (all due respect to who Leeds were once)... I'm glad Emery isn't making that mistake again.
Also, NONE of those players have impressed when coming on.

Furious

Emery Gone, Telly Back On
I actually don't get it. Please somebody explain this concept that if you aren't slating Emery you must be his fanboy?
Some of us are simply willing to give the man time. It doesn't mean we think he is the next best thing in Management. Perhaps we're simply more patient. Or perhaps we have different *cough*more realistic*cough* expectations

Nonces were giving it in to Wenger when we had an unbeaten run against some rubbish sides.

Then after our poor form, they slated Wenger for leaving us with a poor side, and making ridiculous claims like Chelsea being better in every position and that we can't expect to fight for top 4.

It's pretty disguting how a legend was treated. Now a bum like Emery can't do no wrong apparently.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Then after our poor form, they slated Wenger for leaving us with a poor side, and making ridiculous claims like Chelsea being better in every position and that we can't expect to fight for top 4.
Other than Cazorlinho, who said that?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom