• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Its fairly straightforward. A number of fans, certainly not just limited to this forum have, after half a season, concluded with 100% certainly that Emery is not the man for us. For some the issue is rooted in The Özil situation, others they have observed something in the way we play, others are still pining for Wenger.

Whist fully acknowledging that in the near future it may become apparent that Emery may not be “the one” I just can’t fathom a line of thinking that could decide this so early into his tenure while we we are near the top of the table.

Each to his own though. COYG.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Its fairly straightforward. A number of fans, certainly not just limited to this forum have, after half a season, concluded with 100% certainly that Emery is not the man for us. For some the issue is rooted in The Özil situation, others they have observed something in the way we play, others are still pining for Wenger.

Whist fully acknowledging that in the near future it may become apparent that Emery may not be “the one” I just can’t fathom a line of thinking that could decide this so early into his tenure while we we are near the top of the table.

Each to his own though. COYG.
agreed - though I think 'near the top of the table' requires a whole new definition of near

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Yeah, I don't think anyone has said that Emery is 100% the man to lead the club forward. Some people just want to give him longer to prove whether he can be or not.

This isn't even about Emery really, I'd be giving any manager outside of Arteta longer than 8 months show what they're about as long as they didn't do a Moyes type job.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Yeah, I don't think anyone has said that Emery is 100% the man to lead the club forward. Some people just want to give him longer to prove whether he can be or not.

This isn't even about Emery really, I'd be giving any manager outside of Arteta longer than 8 months show what they're about as long as they didn't do a Moyes type job.
Curious as to your view on Arteta. I'd be willing to give him time too. Albeit not as much because I'd have been livid if he was the new man..

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The manager links / leaks / debate / discussion was most exciting time to be an Arsenal fan in a while. Personally up for it every summer.

Preacher

Always Crying
D0ccL3vU8AEEAot.jpg

Two massive games ahead. Need to ride the positive wave and strengthen our position in the top 4 battle.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
The collective tactical progression is more visible in the past few games. You can tell the players are learning and beginning to understand the aspect of collective movements in sync.
It is almost as if there was a regression of sorts mentally with the team. In the first couple of months the forum was buzzing with lines like "Wow, we can see the difference" or "Like the new style but loads to improve on". Then December came and hit us with a bang and it seemed like we had no style, no tactics, no vision. Just bleh...
Now, we're back, there is a shape clearly visible, there is a clear tactic and we can see things starting to click on a bigger scale.
Am I being delude, maybe. But perhaps an adjustment takes time..

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Curious as to your view on Arteta. I'd be willing to give him time too. Albeit not as much because I'd have been livid if he was the new man..
I don't believe Arteta was worthy of the job at this stage in his career. Two years as an assistant to Pep doesn't make him qualified to be Arsenal manager, and it's not as if he was a legend like Vieira so there's no sentimental reason to hire him.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I don't believe Arteta was worthy of the job at this stage in his career. Two years as an assistant to Pep doesn't make him qualified to be Arsenal manager, and it's not as if he was a legend like Vieira so there's no sentimental reason to hire him.
Thanks. Won't disagree at all. Just wanted to hear your reasoning. I'd still have afforded him until May but only because my expectations surrounding this club have been wholeheartedly revised

Reactions: A_G

OnlyOne

🎙️ Future Journalist
Trusted ⭐

Imagine if we got two wins in the next two games.

It would honestly be unreal, winning two big games back to back for the first time in I don't know how long, beating a top 6 team away from home, let alone the position it would put us in for the top 4 race.

One can dream. We've already beaten Sp**s and they're coming off two big losses while we're finding some good form, nows a great time to play them. United still have some key injuries and it's about time they lose away from home as well.

I'd love to see what this Arsenal and Emery team is really about. He'd win every single over if he managed to do this. Difficult? Yes. Impossible? No.

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
It is almost as if there was a regression of sorts mentally with the team. In the first couple of months the forum was buzzing with lines like "Wow, we can see the difference" or "Like the new style but loads to improve on". Then December came and hit us with a bang and it seemed like we had no style, no tactics, no vision. Just bleh...
Now, we're back, there is a shape clearly visible, there is a clear tactic and we can see things starting to click on a bigger scale.
Am I being delude, maybe. But perhaps an adjustment takes time..
Of course adjustment takes time. That's how it goes or is supposed to go in transition and specially in our unique circumstances. The big positive is Emery is actually exceeding expectations. At least for me in a number of ways.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Of course adjustment takes time. That's how it goes or is supposed to go in transition and specially in our unique circumstances. The big positive is Emery is actually exceeding expectations. At least for me in a number of ways.
Just had to tread carefully with that post because there are some seriously sensitive anti-Emery posters about of late.

I was a firm believer in hiring Arteta but thinking back it might have been a bit premature to hire him at this stage in his coaching career. My main reason for next manager to come here and it probably goes about Emery too was that it needed to be someone who would grow with the team. Someone who would come here, develop a core of youngsters and while the team is growing he would also become a better manager!

It will be exciting to see what Emery has in store for our talented youngsters for next season because he will have clearer picture after working with few of them for a whole season!

I'm expecting us to be better next season because its all about the growth! Growth!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom