• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitch

Blonde Brigade Grand Wizard
yeah...he only like played 10 yrs in Arsenal and walked into the first team whenever fit...no matter what the odds.

You mean like the first half of this season where he was on bench for a large amount of games to the point Arsenal withdrew his agreed contract offer?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I wonder what would happen to @Mitch if Unai played Ramsey on righback and he did amazing game after game...

2yi28u.jpg

Mitch

I wonder what would happen to @Mitch if Unai played Ramsey on righback and he did amazing game after game...

2yi28u.jpg

I've been full praise of Ramsey of late but I am not going rewrite history due to how good of form he is currently in.

Hard not to praise Lich in the 2 games prior to injury where he was is good form. AMN has been excellent of late so why wouldnt he get praise. Jenkinson has also impressed in his limited chances this season. You only have to look at our amount clean sheets of late and how little we conceed.

Mitch

Which had nothing to do with his form like you're implying.

Why else would Arsenal suddenly change their mind and withdraw the agreed offer then? Ramsey was in poor form at the time demoted to limited time off the bench. Whilst at the time we were playing well and the likes of Xhaka, Torreira and Gunedouzi were in very good form.

Last edited:

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Untitled.jpg

Ramsey's contract was rescinded on September 28, until then he had been a constant fixture in the team but for the Chelsea match. It was after this point that Emery used him more sparingly, makes sense since there was no point in building around a player who was leaving at the end of the season.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
You mean like the first half of this season where he was on bench for a large amount of games to the point Arsenal withdrew his agreed contract offer?
that had nothing to do with his ability....more to do with the management inability..

hope you get better soon.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
----------Auba
Iwobi Özil Mkhi
------Xhaka Guend. AMN
Nacho Kos Mustafi

at times

-----Özil Auba
Iwobi-------Guend.
----Xhaka Mkhi----AMN
Nacho Kos Mustafi

at times

------------Auba
------------Özil
Iwobi
-------Xhaka Guend.
--------------------------Mkhi
-Nacho Kos Mustafi AMN

Like what kind of ****ery was this tonight in the second half? I know games like these can sometimes result in a loss of shape and tactics and become more about mentality, but most of the second half and especially towards the end, this was nothing. Everyone bar the CBs was running around headlessly wherever they wanted towards the end. No structure, no clear system, what was Emery trying here? Complete shambles after his two last subs. The team lost all structure. That just can't happen.

Oh_Snap

Complete shambles after his two last subs. The team lost all structure. That just can't happen.

There was no structure before those subs either tbh. Found it very concerning that our Midfield of Xhaka & Torreira looked like Elneny & Guendouzi against Everton. SAF wrote it years ago that if u want to beat us u have to attack the midfield and go through the middle this **** still hasn't been sorted out.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
There was no structure before those subs either tbh. Found it very concerning that our Midfield of Xhaka & Torreira looked like Elneny & Guendouzi against Everton. SAF wrote it years ago that if u want to beat us u have to attack the midfield and go through the middle this **** still hasn't been sorted out.

I think because a lot of it has been to rigid, especially with no movement up top which was one of my main criticism of late Wenger and remains one of my main criticism of Emery. If you've got two sitting midfielders you got to have a hell of a lot of movement from the 4 or 3 in front of them. It's why we always looked the best when one sitting midfielder - Arteta or Coquelin - was paired with someone who moved around to create passing angles/options for himself or others - Ramsey or Cazorla.

It's also very in line with what I wrote in the Torreira thread, that his passing is not progressive enough yet and that a Kanté - Torreira midfield would be horrible at this club right now.

And you're right with your assesment that wasn't any or a lot of structure to begin with. The role of the wide men remains completely unclear to me. If they were to give width, then why did Iwobi stay glued to the outside line while Mkhi was drifting into no man's land in the centre? Why didn't the fullbacks push up to support them? Ramsey worked his arse off in the first half to restrain Watford's press and create space between the lines, yet Iwobi stuck to his left side like the most undynamic player I have ever seen and Mkhi was so horrible he was basically operating in the right space but made himself unavailable due to consistently moving the wrong way into defenders' shadows. It's got a good thing to do with the quality of wide options, but it was also a completely shambolic tactical setup. Seriously don't know what Emery was up to. Though, I still maintain that towards the end of the game it got worse and the team lost absolutely any structure of anything - no coherence, no anything. I seldomly have seen a team this disorganized and clueless as to what it was supposed to do. And that just cannot happen. Even ****ing Stuttgart who are fighting relegation and play some of the most horrible football I have seen all my life under a poverty of a manager this season look more organized than this Arsenal side looked tonight.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Was hugely pissed off by the sub call to take Ramsey off instead of Mikhi. We struggled badly when we moved to a 3 fro a good 15 minutes we were on the ropes. Feel he got very lucky last night.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
Was hugely pissed off by the sub call to take Ramsey off instead of Mikhi. We struggled badly when we moved to a 3 fro a good 15 minutes we were on the ropes. Feel he got very lucky last night.
I agree on the sub but i feel he was more unlucky. We couldve won by several goals.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I agree on the sub but i feel he was more unlucky. We couldve won by several goals.
We could have lost by a couple goals too... They hit the post and Leno made 2 great saves. They seriously threatened us and had far too much confidence right till the final whistle. His changes put us under pressure as well.
I've been full of praise for Emery this season but he was bloody lucky last night

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We could have lost by a couple goals too... They hit the post and Leno made 2 great saves. They seriously threatened us and had far too much confidence right till the final whistle. His changes put us under pressure as well.
I've been full of praise for Emery this season but he was bloody lucky last night
It didn’t help that nearly everybody in the team had an off night. We couldn’t hit a barn door if it was painted luminous pink.

That’s the worst I’ve seen us play all season, no structure, no ball control, no incisive passing, no effort. And Emery sort of panicked trying to put it right.

But if you come away with 3 points when you play that badly, all you can say is ‘about time’ because normally we get **** all luck.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
It didn’t help that nearly everybody in the team had an off night. We couldn’t hit a barn door if it was painted luminous pink.

That’s the worst I’ve seen us play all season, no structure, no ball control, no incisive passing, no effort. And Emery sort of panicked trying to put it right.

But if you come away with 3 points when you play that badly, all you can say is ‘about time’ because normally we get **** all luck.
Everton away was by far the worst performance of the season FFS.

We were ****e last night though. Badly need two new wingers and arguably a striker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom