<

Unai Emery: Adios

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Mo Britain, Oct 17, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James Trusted

A bad case of verbal diarrhea.

2. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

And you're a bad case of human diarrhea.

3. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James Trusted

No seriously. You’re full of ****. A boring anecdote about your mates thinking we’re **** doesn’t prove **** all. I could just as easily point to rival forums and posts of fans saying Emery has done wonders getting this squad where it is. It’s amusing that it’s gone from “more points doesn’t mean anything, position in the table is what counts” to “other teams around us have been ****, the football has been rubbish”. The goal posts are continually moved. If you’re not happy with your team being in a semi-final and in the top 4 **** off somewhere else.

4. Check

Check Active Member

I agree with your point about the view of neutral football fans, they don't think that Arsenal plays that beautiful football anymore. But I disagree with the fact that this season is as **** as last season. We've scored more goals, conceded less, won more games and are more competitive in matches against the top six than last season at this stage. Besides that we've got 12 points more than last season. With our point total this season after 33 games (66) we would've been in fifth with only one point behind Liverpool in 4th. All these points considered I really think we're making progress.

Dj_sds - likes this.
  5. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Nah not fill every position with academy player. But the academy is strong at the moment and lot of interesting talents coming through that could take the step up given the chance. I think they should get more look in, it can save us money. It will save us money. Which is good because we don't have a lot.

And while Iwobi has not worked out like many had hoped for that doesn't mean we should just give up and that all talents that will come through will be same as him.

I much rather we focus on developing our own players than bring Elneny, Lichtsteiner and Denise Suarez of this world to the club. We should buy players but only if they are top top quality.

6. Ceballinhos

Ceballinhos Cheating on Santi

Saying we haven't been playing an attractive football just during the last 2 seasons under Wenger is simply not true.

We haven't been playing an attractive football weeks in and weeks out since the 2007/2008 season, and the 2010/2011 when we had Cesc Wilshere Nasri RVP & Arshavin all fit together which didn't happen very often.
    The first half of the season in 2013/2014 was really good too, but the second half was really painful to watch.

I couldn't care less about the attractive football yesterday. We've played an attractive football at home during the first leg, and then we were all over them during the first half in the second leg.
    We've lost Ramsey to an injury, and Emery has played it safe by taking off some key pieces of our team.

And that's what really matters.

Downplaying our achievement this season is beyond ridiculous.

Enz__, LG10, Tourbillion and 8 others like this.
  7. Ceballinhos

Ceballinhos Cheating on Santi

Saying we would miss the CL if Chelsea & Man Utd were not such a **** show...

What about Tottenham then? They're having one of their best season ever, they're in the semi finals of the champions league, and they're still within reach and we could finish above them.

Are you going to say they've been a **** show too? :lol:

Tourbillion, say yes and DanDare like this.
  8. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

9. Beksl

Beksl Sell All The Youngsters

Basing your arguments on opininon of some random friends :lol: , comparing us to VfB....:lol:

Please stop embarrasing yourself as you're usually a decent poster.

10. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Yeah, the autocorrect changes Emery with one m to Unai Emery Etxegoien. :lol:

Camron likes this.
  11. APierre

APierre You Wanna Come Out Here?

[​IMG]

12. berric

berric Well-Known Member

Name a more iconic duo than an Arsenal fan hyping up several-year projects such as Sp**s ad Lierpool and wanting Emery out after 8 months.

DanDare likes this.
  13. Sanchez11

Sanchez11 Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

Hilarious post what did you expect emery to do with a limited budget and time?? He has done better than moyes did with an inferior squad.

14. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief

This season's almost over. Emery's first season with us.

Overall I think we were getting worse and worse and he's halted that. So far he and the back room staff have made almost totally good signings. They made a low risk signing of an experienced but ultimately not up to it back up right back. Apart from that all the signinngs have been great.

The football hasn't be great, but we've performed better overall. I'm not convinced Emery is the type of manager that will ever get us playing beautifully.

Overall he's done more than enough to warrant total faith in the summer and next season.

7.5/10 season all things considered.

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  15. SuperGoon

SuperGoon Debbie Downer

It is the best show I've ever watched. Intelligent cop shows are hard to find. This is as realistic as you'll find a cop show mixed with drug lords.

Some of the best quotes come from this show as well. "Come at the king, you best not miss...,"

16. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

The problem with playing youngsters in most positions is that you’re then sacrificing immediate gains for long term development.

We as a fanbase would slaughter Emery if he started putting kids out every week and the results nosedived.

BigPoppaPump, Dj_sds - and say yes like this.
  17. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Why are you telling me this?

18. Rex Banter

My point is that I’d doubt going to a method of kids + superstars is realistic for a club like us.

19. boyinneedofhumor

boyinneedofhumor Active Member

???
    What if, the potential ones(kids) are part of the 30-man or 22-man squad, but not necessarily the main 18/20 core?

20. Rex Banter

Isn’t that what they are now?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.