• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChefMan21

I just don't get the Emery blame that's floating around. I posted the below a short time ago in the match day thread. I think the all out attack BS style of football Wenger and many fans wanted really hurt us, because he never bothered to fix the defence, and it's showing this season just as it did in the final years of Wenger. We should not be getting beaten by Wolves 3-1. End of. It should never have got to that point. Emery - or any manager have for that matter - needs time to rebuild the defence.

The thing that ****s me the most is that I (among relatively few others) have being banging on for years about focusing our efforts on improving our defence. Every season - every transfer window - we seem to want to buy the best attacking players. Well **** me if VVD et al aren't worth more to our side now than all the attacking players we have purchased in the last five years.

You know why Arsenal was great in the 90's and 00's? Adams, Keown, Cole, Vieira, Seaman and co. They could let Bergkamp et al do what they do best.

Reactions: A_G

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not Emery’s biggest fan but our problems are the result of years of neglect.

What’s worse is that we don’t even have the money to fix it, unless the academy explodes and aren’t just slightly worse Iwobi’s.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Emery needs to buy smart in summer.Simple as that.He probably knows what kind of players Arsenal needs now and which players will probably leave.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The problem is that he's trying to mold the team in his image which is a radical change from the Wenger's image and philosophy lets be honest. Which is kinda weird because Gazidis is insistent that we appoint a manager who follows on from what Wenger was doing but tweaks certain things. With Emery you have a pragmatist who lacks to adapt from game to game depending on opposition.

We chose Emery and we're gonna have to back him now to build his team. In hindsight he possibly wasn't the best or right choice to replace Wenger in terms of making things easy for ourselves. I mean imagine if we appointed someone like Nagelsmann for example who'd have been happy with the likes of Özil, would have maybe given Ramsey a new contract. Played with both Laca-Auba in a 2. It'd have been an easier transition.

We're now almost a year into Emery's time here and for me he's still doing rather well in terms of what I expected from this season and I still maintain CL football next season regardless if it's via top 4 or via winning the EL is overachieving for his first season.

lamby22

It's Not Lupus

Top 4 and Europa are still within reach, so he's doing a good job on that front. I hope we play better, more entertaining football next season though, this is very hard to get behind. If we are going to suck, at least be fun to watch.

That's what I'm hoping for. Gave him the benefit of the doubt this season as it's his first in a new league. But I'm expecting much better football next season. More positive football than some of the negative **** we've seen the last few weeks.

emilursin

Top 4 and Europa are still within reach, so he's doing a good job on that front. I hope we play better, more entertaining football next season though, this is very hard to get behind. If we are going to suck, at least be fun to watch.
Agree, at least entertain us..

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Just put huge pressure on himself to win the EL, got the last two league games wrong and 3 losses in 4 in the run-in a worry. Without CL football recruitment will be more difficult and I don't think this fan base is going to be very patient, if things aren't looking great by Christmas we could see a return of the stadium protests, banners etc.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If people want beautiful football we need the players to do it I think we close if we get to quality wingers and mesut start preforming or get player better than him

say yes

forum master baiter
Dropping Emery to a 7/10 season as it stands.

8/10 if we get top 4 or win the Europa.
9/10 if we do both.

Squad needs a lot of work done this summer whatever happens.

GDeep™

League is very weak
If people want beautiful football we need the players to do it I think we close if we get to quality wingers and mesut start preforming or get player better than him
Wrong, you can play better football with these players. Beautiful football is about philosophy not players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom