<

Unai Emery: Adios

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Mo Britain, Oct 17, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry & Miserable

Thank you.

2. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Certain man only post when we lose.

Vardy9, say yes, Vinci and 3 others like this.
  3. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

If we'd bought VVD straight from Celtic, Wenger would have been shot at dawn.

Makingtrax likes this.
  4. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

There'd have been no smoking gun in my hand. I wanted him back then. He was highly attainable and decent ones were thin on the ground. It was a no-brainer. Can't believe Wenger wasn't interested.

5. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

Oh well if WhoScored says he's the best defender at our club then it must be true :rolleyes::lol:

Come off it mate, he's comfortably the worst defender at our club, he's great at some things, but he's a complete and utter liability. Every defender makes the odd mistake, but I could easily name you at least 10 goals he's cost us this season through sheer stupidity.

It's individual errors and bad decision making that have crucified us this season.

And I disagree, he might look better in this Liverpool team but he was pure class at Southampton as well. He makes Liverpool better, not the other way around.

Makingtrax likes this.
  6. squallman

squallman Still Pining for Wenger

I forgot to add, but I don't even dislike Emery. I think there might be something to work with, he made a European semi-final after all. Talk about how it's Europa League but the fact is he still did it.

He might even bring us some long needed European silverware. Guendouzi looks fine, Iwobi for a few months looked like he has improved. Sokratis looks good. Leno has improved as the season wore on.

I am not saying it's all doom and gloom or that Emery is the worst manager in the world. I'm just sick to my back teeth of people deflecting away any criticism of him with Klopp this Guardiola that like a bunch of broken records.

7. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Wenger should’ve gone with his own opinion instead of listening to nonces like Rowley and Grimandi, could’ve had a VVD-Kante-Griezmann spine.

8. Jury

Even Rowley was drunk in the end. **** me. Grimandi always looked like he'd been freshly pummeled with bat with those goggly eyes... ****ing hell... Turning down studs for eunuchs for years.

American_Gooner likes this.
  9. Jury

We all know what's going on... Who's fooled by this faux 'support'. Wastemen.

10. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

we all know we got the worst scouts in top 6 clubs in wenger era is just shame wenger is too loyal with them he should fire them and hire guys who know how to scout.

11. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Many Men Wish Death Upon Me

Tbf he ended up at Southampton so more clubs turned him down.

But we really lost touch getting these talents here in Wenger final years. Just very sad.

12. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Got Swerved By Gallas Trusted

Nonchalant ffs. Boils your piss that does.

Jury and American_Gooner like this.
  13. JuanCarlosValeron

JuanCarlosValeron Well-Known Member

2013: Suarez
    2014: Griezmann and Sanchez
    2015: Van Dijk and Kante

These signings would have been a continuation of the policy adopted by the early Wenger. Physical specimen, quality over quantity. Instead of acting in accordance with what made us succesful, we started wasting our money on several players who were not gifted with the physical qualities, which were a prerequisite from 1997-2005.

---------------------------------Szczęsny----------------------------

--Bellerin------Van Dijk----------Koscielny----Nacho---
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ------------------Ramsey--------------------Kante----------------
    ---------------------------------Cazorla--------------------------------------------
    --Sanchez----------------------Suarez-----------------Griez--

Arsène would have lasted another 20 years with that team. Instead he was worn down by Gabriel, Danny, Elneny, Özil and Mkhi.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
  14. krackpot

krackpot Established Member Trusted

One Touch back pass to one of the 3 CBs. That's all I see our players do when you play the ball to them with anyone near them. No one in our team can turn with the ball, except Iwobi, Özil, Lacazette and Torreira maybe.

Which is why we get pressed out of the game

Last edited: Apr 26, 2019
    Makingtrax, Tourbillion and progman07 like this.
  15. Tourbillion

Diaby and Wilshere used to let the ball run across them, thus wrong footing the opposition, and then burst through the centre of the pitch with the ball.

We need players who can do that.

16. pigge

pigge Wishes Wrestling Fans Liked Him

Yeah, brilliant ability that opens up so much space to move the play forward.

17. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Rosicky offered this as well. We desperately need a CM who can dribble his way through the centre of the pitch.

krackpot and Tourbillion like this.
  18. Tourbillion

These guys all had the spatial awareness - they knew when they had that little bit of time and space in order to pull that move off.

By contrast you have guys like Xhaka, Elneny and Torreira (to a lesser extent... let's see him next season with more confidence) who don't even try to look over their shoulder when they receive the ball in an area they're likely to be pressed in. They're **** scared and would rather pass it back first time to the defender. It's no wonder our play is so useless.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  19. PoleInGoal

PoleInGoal Well-Known Member

I see your point, of course there is no guarantee we will follow the trajectory of Liverpool and City. I just think it is important to use a bit of context when looking at what Emery has done - some people are expecting the world in his first season, sometimes it just needs to be pointed out that even other top managers have taken some time to figure things out.

I agree that our style hasn't really improved. However, I think the biggest change we've seen is Emery's flexibility in matches which has won us several points over the season. When things are not working he's not afraid to change it up and more often than not it has the desired results.

Clearly he needs to improve also with his starting XI selection as a lot of the time he gets it slightly wrong, but I will reserve judgment considering the availability problems he's had this season

20. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Points Out The Obvious

Yeah we definitely need players like Rosicky, Wilshere and Diaby. We’d definitely win those 4 games a season they’re all fit to play.

Xhaka is better than all 3 simply by the fact that he’s not injured for 10 years straight. I really don’t get why Arsenal fans love Rosicky so much, has to be the biggest myth I’ve seen in football.

Vardy9 and say yes like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.