<

Unai Emery: Adios

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Mo Britain, Oct 17, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Camron

Camron Established Member

He needs better CB material and a new LB. Can't wait to see our next few windows.

North5 and Sanchez11 like this.
  2. pigge

pigge Wishes Wrestling Fans Liked Him

Subgod so far, so happy he doesnt wait until 75th minute for first sub.

North5 likes this.
  3. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

Going to take a few windows to reshape the squad, but it looks encouraging so far.

Surely some setbacks coming up, but I like what I see.

Dj_sds - and kraphtous like this.
  4. ThlRama

ThlRama Well-Known Member

So proud of my avatar.

Dammit, Dj_sds -, Jae and 7 others like this.
  5. krengon

krengon One Arsene Wenger Trusted

Feel like I'm saying it every game, but his in game management is superb.. Masterstroke to get Guendouzi in the middle and Xhaka at lb,(I was scratching my head at first lol).

Dammit, Preacher, krackpot and 11 others like this.
  6. kraphtous

kraphtous Raul Stanllehi

There are many of us!

North5, dka91 and ThlRama like this.
  7. Oh-Zeal

Oh-Zeal Member

The tempo in possession is so important. Guendouzi keeps it moving. Iwobi's close control and trickery. Lacazette's build up play and work rate. Bellerins by line crosses. Aubameyang on the blind side with darting runs (looks comfortable taking players on too). Özil finding space and knitting it. Ah man Arsenal!!

These pundits keep saying we 5th at best and just ruining what's happening at the camp. There's a good vibe at the moment and the momentum is good. We definitely finishing above Sp**s!!

ThlRama likes this.
  8. Batman

Batman Bruce Wayne

The guy is an actual tactical genius and there's no panic about him either. Love him.

Dj_sds - and ThlRama like this.
  9. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Well you can surely say the players are learning and enjoying thier lifes under unai management

Batman, Dj_sds - and blaze_of_glory like this.
  10. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

It must be nice having a group of player who'll listen to his instructions and not have some weird looking Brazilian CB telling his teammates to play the opposite of what you instruct them to do.

11. Dregen57

Dregen57 Well-Known Member

Emery Emery Emery ⚽

ThlRama likes this.
  12. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

I also thought wtf, 'cause I would have gone for a more vertical player in Ramsey to create another hub of goal threat and someone to occupy CBs for Lacazette as it looked like that was more the problem than actually progressing the ball up field, which is why I would have taken Xhaka off.

But placing a left footer at leftback in Xhaka and then basically replacing Xhaka 1 to 1 with Guendouzi while adding goal threat in the form of Aubameyang already did the trick, another vertical players wasn't needed to unlock them and we kept control and balance.

Mesut having a superb day probably did a lot of good here, too, as I could see with a lesser Mesut and a more fierce defending side than Leicester Guendouzi could prove too conservative in such a situation. But today keeping everything exactly as it was and just adding more smoothness to the left with a leftie and another striker was just the right decision.

I'm actually quite impressed by this slight but analytical and decisive adjustment by Emery. You could feel we had Leicester on the ropes in the second half (very impressed with the attacking movement today by everyone, including Bellerin - seemed very structured, fluid and deliberate, and was just too much for LCFC) and were just lacking the goals. Some managers would have gone for the all out attacking approach and thus maybe offsetting the balance and changing too much to how the team was playing, but he did just these two little adjustments and it paid off perfectly.

13. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Dishonest To His Federation

Love how his team is scoring goals of the season for fun now and he still wants the players to work, work and work more!

Dammit, Dregen57, albakos and 8 others like this.
  14. Mo Britain

Mo Britain Doom Monger

Pleased with Emery, brave to do those interviews in English even if I sometimes don't get everything he's saying. Wish he'd have stuck to Spanish for a few months!

I'm not going to join the pundit bandwagon but delightful as our second-halfs are I can't help feeling that our dozy first-halfs are going to cost us pints sooner rather than later.

Some big games in November and early December. We'll need to cut down on the chances we give other teams when we play the big boys. Holding gets a penalty against and sent off today or that header off the crossbar goes in and we might not be cheering tonight.

15. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

His in-game management and reading of the game is insane.

Toby Andrl and ThlRama like this.
  16. asukru

asukru Well-Known Member

I love this man!

17. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

I just read in press conference he said Özil ans ramsey can't start together sometimes maybe that the reason we aren't keeping Ramsey

krackpot and North5 like this.
  18. Dj_sds -

Dj_sds - Well-Known Member

Exactly, we shouldnt get carried away. For now im just enjoying watching arsenal again.

19. Aussie_gunner123

Aussie_gunner123 Well-Known Member

I listened to the press conference but I never took notice when he said that, I missed it obviously. Do you know why he said that, did he state a reason?

20. pigge

pigge Wishes Wrestling Fans Liked Him

Id imagine he didnt but could i think having both can be a defensive liability.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.