• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
The players haven't exactly had his back. Özil the timid has been awful and even Xhaka questioned whether he has improved us. There's no chemistry between him and the players and questions remain over his ability to manage big players, maybe unfairly.
Özil was overrated anyway. What’s the problem if you see a player not performing in training so you drop him? That’s exactly what I expect from a good manager would do. It seems to me that people who hate emery are just fangirl of Özil/wenger.

Ability to manage big players? Are auba and laca big players? Wenger didn’t bring the best out of them, but emery did.
How exactly you should do to manage a big player anayway?

Divided_Pie

Having fewer shots is neither here nor there for me. We scored 73 goals this season which is the 3rd highest in the league. That's better than Tottenham, Chelsea and Manchester United who have arguably better attacking units than we do. Only City and Liverpool have better goal scoring records. We also conceded the exact same amount of goals as last season. We have only added 1 additional CB (Sokratis), the main core of CB's and defenders are still here. You cannot expect any difference to be made overnight. Give it at least anoher season or 2 before making a proper judgment.
If you haven't read the article, that point is addressed by the fact we converted an inordinate amount of long range shots this year, a rate that is a clear outlier and in no way sustainable.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
If you haven't read the article, that point is addressed by the fact we converted an inordinate amount of long range shots this year, a rate that is a clear outlier and in no way sustainable.

About time we started taking some shots from range. Fans weren't screaming 'SHOOOOOOOT' for no reason you know!!

dbig

About time we started taking some shots from range. Fans weren't screaming 'SHOOOOOOOT' for no reason you know!!
It's not about taking more shots from range. It's converting more than usual. Lucky goals that are hard to replicate.

A good team creates chances that have high probability of being converted to goals. We rely on speculative goals winning us games. The fear is that it regresses to the normal conversion rates and we start failing to score. Think that's what happened in the last part of our season.

teamsoutheast

It's not about taking more shots from range. It's converting more than usual. Lucky goals that are hard to replicate.

A good team creates chances that have high probability of being converted to goals. We rely on speculative goals winning us games. The fear is that it regresses to the normal conversion rates and we start failing to score. Think that's what happened in the last part of our season.

We've just been more clinical. Considering we have a lower shots PG average than Wolves, Leicester, Palace along with Man U, Chelsea, Tottenham, we've done well to score the amount of goals we did.

dbig

We've just been more clinical. Considering we have a lower shots PG average than Wolves, Leicester, Palace along with Man U, Chelsea, Tottenham, we've done well to score the amount of goals we did.
I'm not sure if clinical is the word for shots from outside the box. I'd say more like lucky.

We scored 11 goals outside the box with 155 shots at a rate of 7.1%. Previous seasons we had much more tries, but converted about the league average of 2.5-3%. For example, the previous season, we scored 6 goals from outside the box after taking 220 shots.

Looking back, we'd scored 9 goals from outside the box by Dec 2018. The rest of the season we scored 2. Even with that, we more than doubled the league average in conversion rate.

In the longer term, rates like this are unsustainable and we won't be seeing numbers like this next season. The worry is that we're creating less good opportunities than before and were relying on outliers like this to get where we ended up this season.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I hope Emery gets the players he needs to successfully use whatever system he wants. Next season is make or break for him.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
I'm not sure if clinical is the word for shots from outside the box. I'd say more like lucky.

We scored 11 goals outside the box with 155 shots at a rate of 7.1%. Previous seasons we had much more tries, but converted about the league average of 2.5-3%. For example, the previous season, we scored 6 goals from outside the box after taking 220 shots.

Looking back, we'd scored 9 goals from outside the box by Dec 2018. The rest of the season we scored 2. Even with that, we more than doubled the league average in conversion rate.

In the longer term, rates like this are unsustainable and we won't be seeing numbers like this next season. The worry is that we're creating less good opportunities than before and were relying on outliers like this to get where we ended up this season.
Don’t let numbers worry you. Look too deep into the well and you’ll fall in, lad.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Just seen the quotes about Ramsey from Emery. Absolutely shocking stuff from a coach to be bullied by a player like that.

Weak man.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Just seen the quotes about Ramsey from Emery. Absolutely shocking stuff from a coach to be bullied by a player like that.

Weak man.
All managers speak with players about how they feel and sometimes let them decide. Wenger always did it. It’s not even news. If Emery thought it would reflect badly on him he wouldn’t have told anyone.

teamsoutheast

So you're just going to completely dismiss 'Quality' and pass it off as 'Luck'??? Sorry, I disagree. Is quality not better than quantity in some cases?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

All managers speak with players about how they feel and sometimes let them decide. Wenger always did it. It’s not even news. If Emery thought it would reflect badly on him he wouldn’t have told anyone.
Same thing we hammered Wenger for. The medical staff clearly told Emery that Ramsey was in the red zone and he couldn’t say no to him when Ramsey said he was playing. Then he goes and gets injured for the season.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Same thing we hammered Wenger for. The medical staff clearly told Emery that Ramsey was in the red zone and he couldn’t say no to him when Ramsey said he was playing. Then he goes and gets injured for the season.
:lol: Ramsey didn’t tell him he was playing or else! They spoke, Ramsey was in great form and it was decided he would play. I know nothing of this ‘red zone’ quote either. As I say, it happens at every club. It makes us mad when we find out these conversations take place and then a player gets injured, and yes we were mad at Wenger for it, but it’s normal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom