• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman10

Established Member
Great timing with the call for Freddie, Reed. lol. At the end of a weekend where pretty much everyone else is taking note of the mess at United where they are now with Solskjaer.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Freddie looks so not ready that you’d be tempted to let him have a go. It’s so wrong that it could only work.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
Would you bet on any manager to beat klopps liverpool away with our squad?
It's possible with a huge amount of luck, but that's not the point.
I am OK with the result, but I am not OK with the football we play under Emery.
Lampard produced a much better performance against Pool with Abraham, Giroud and Mount ffs.

pigge

#Pigge #Equality

Player:Martinelli
It's possible with a huge amount of luck, but that's not the point.
I am OK with the result, but I am not OK with the football we play under Emery.
Lampard produced a much better performance against Pool with Abraham, Giroud and Mount ffs.
That wasn't a game at home for liverpool. He also lost 4-0 to united and had a close game with norwich. Way to early to rate lampard anyways. Solskjaer had a great run when he started as well.

Would you rather Lampard at arsenal than emery?:lol:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

That's the thing, Ole is doing so so horribly at United and even then he's managed in Norway and managed Cardiff before all this. Now we've got people calling for Freddie because he did alright with the under 23's.

There's nothing more that I'd love than for Freddie to come in and be a success, but we have to be realistic here. There likelihood of it just not working out is quite high imo. He'll be coming into a job which huge expectations, fans desperate for us to get back into the CL, still wanting the football of Wenger but also wanting the results too. It'd be all too much for him I feel. He'd need the absolute perfect conditions to have a real chance of succeeding and currently it's nowhere near those conditions.

We need to get back into the CL above all else this season. We can worry about how pretty the football is once we're back there and act accordingly.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

That wasn't a game at home for liverpool. He also lost 4-0 to united and had a close game with norwich. Way to early to rate lampard anyways. Solskjaer had a great run when he started as well.

Also you left out the second half of the Leicester game where it looks like the players just hadn't been coached at all, they looked all over the place. The Super Cup is a glorified friendly too, Liverpool at Anfield in the league knowing they'll have to be near perfect to beat City to the title is a completely different prospect. How on earth could someone use Lampard as an example when it took him till his 4th game to get a win at Chelsea and that was a close game against a newly promoted side who've not spent a penny. Let's not forget the amazing job at Derby where he took them from 6th to 6th in a season even tho they were most peoples tips for automatic promotion. The only reason they even got to a play-off final was due to a Leeds meltdown.

say yes

forum master baiter
The numbers literally say it wasn't a better performance. You just want to believe that it was better because Liverpool managed to finish more of their chances last year (which is completely out of our hands and doesn't say anything about us).
Try to avoid these xG conversations because they’re so mind-numbing, but I’ve got to call you up on this.

The numbers you’ve posted read to me like we were “literally” better (not worse) this year than last year (lost by 1.7 xG last year vs. 1.1 xG this year). Am I missing something?

Didn’t think the use of xG in every match day thread could get any more annoying as it was. If people are going to start reading them the wrong way around to undermine the squad after every decent performances I think my head might explode.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
No chance Freddie next in bat.

This is the new Arsenal. The big spending, Jorge Mendes dealing Arsenal.

Mourinho already circling Potch & Emery.

Just waiting for Raul, Vinai & Edu to come knocking.

tumblr_mhjqmkt4nj1runifxo2_250.gif

Vinci

The Sultan of Unai

If the club is really desperate for a former player as manager, there is only one option. Not Freddie, not Arteta, but Vieira.

Still, way premature this kind of talk.

Keplaz

The natives always get restless. That's the nature of football. I think he needs time and all his players fit to be properly judged.

And I've never called for anyone to be banned on this forum but @Garrincha, those Mourinho links are absolutely banworthy.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
No chance Freddie next in bat.

This is the new Arsenal. The big spending, Jorge Mendes dealing Arsenal.

Mourinho already circling Potch & Emery.

Just waiting for Raul, Vinai & Edu to come knocking.

tumblr_mhjqmkt4nj1runifxo2_250.gif
Mourinho is a locust. Uses up all the resources at a club to deliver a few trophies and then f*cks off leaving it in an absolute mess. A club with which values long-term stability will never go for someone like him.

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog

I am not saying Lampard is better than Emery, my point is that Lampard chose an attacking approach and was MUCH closer to getting a win vs Pool despite having bums like Giroud, Abraham, etc as his attacking options. But some posters are telling me that having 9 players behind the ball was the only right tactic and and we were just unlucky :rolleyes:

kraphtous

Raul Stanllehi
Try to avoid these xG conversations because they’re so mind-numbing, but I’ve got to call you up on this.

The numbers you’ve posted read to me like we were “literally” better (not worse) this year than last year (lost by 1.7 xG last year vs. 1.1 xG this year). Am I missing something?

Didn’t think the use of xG in every match day thread could get any more annoying as it was. If people are going to start reading them the wrong way around to undermine the squad after every decent performances I think my head might explode.
We were better attacking wise but worse defensively (because we parked the bus for 90 mins). Still with an attacking approach we were closer to winning the game than with a defensive one, despite having Maitland-Niles on the wing and Mustafi on defence last year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom