• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pepes blue pill

What's there to explain?

Freddie coached our reserves last season and got rave reviews. He was rewarded by being promoted to the first team. Personally, I always saw that move as a bit of an insurance policy. Yes, Freddie knows all the young players, so he can help them adapt. But clearly he's getting to know the first team players better.

Prior to that he was part of the coaching staff at Wolfburg, and also coached our u15s.

Freddie's an Arsenal legend with coaching experience, and he's familiar with all of our players. If we're going to fire Emery we'd probably want to replace him, in the interim, with the only person on staff who is not part of Emery's team. That person is Freddie.

He would also have the fans on his side straight away and would have us playing the Arsenal way

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Top priority if and when we get a new manager is that we set out to play exciting, attacking football. Stick to this club's established identity and chase results from there. This is Arsenal ffs.

Honestly, if the club had brought in a defensive manager after Wenger I wouldn't have minded because I could have seen what they were going for.

Wenger an attacking manager built on the foundations that Graham left then a defensive manager would have built on the foundations Wenger left.

I'm not sure what exactly we got. The defensive records of Emery's previous teams show he isn't a defensive manager. However, if he's an attacking manager, why aren't we playing exciting attacking football, week in week out?

We're playing this pragmatic, cagey game and it isn't helping us at either end of the pitch. If we were going hell for leather today and conceded those two goals I'd be less annoyed but we let Watford dominate us in the second half and didn't even have a response.

Playing good football and losing (the youth project years) is one thing but playing like this and losing just grinds my gears.

Malky

Established Member
Do the fans think he'll be given until the end of the season? I'll be surprised if he is at this rate. Newcastle and Burnley we scraped the wins, we were lucky to get the draw against Sp**s, could of been on the end of a spanking against ****ing Watford today and were chasing shadows against Liverpool, hardly a convincing start after a dreadful end to last season.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Do the fans think he'll be given until the end of the season? I'll be surprised if he is at this rate. Newcastle and Burnley we scraped the wins, we were lucky to get the draw against Sp**s, could of been on the end of a spanking against ****ing Watford today and were chasing shadows against Liverpool, hardly a convincing start after a dreadful end to last season.
His competition for top 4 is a young Chelsea team and a PE teacher in Ole. Still think he’ll get top 4.

Now you only sack him if he goes on a terrible run, like 3/4 defeats in a row in the league.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Well I think we have a run of decent games where in theory we should be able to accumulate some points. If he is unable to do that convincingly, I think Raul and Edu will put this guy out of his misery.

It’s pretty clear there are discrepancies in the sales of certain players, plus Raul never hired Emery so I don’t believe it would be difficult for him to pull the trigger. If things don’t work out, he can always fall back on the “previous regime”. Players too are supposedly questioning Emery’s tactics according to some media outlets. Not sure how accurate this is but I can see this as being true because it’s a pattern that has often appeared in his career.

One thing is clear though. No one can question that the Arsenal hierarchy have backed Emery. Raul has done more for Emery in one summer than Gazidis for Wenger in 10. We can’t deny the emergence of Lampard’s Chelsea has put into question some of the excuses made for Emery. There is an expectation that Emery will finish in the top 4 because he is more experienced than the Utd and Chelsea managers, with a better team but our performances barely convey this. With all of these factors I don’t believe Emery will survive the whole season.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Someone's going to have to explain to me the Freddie in thing.

Mostly a meme at this point. He got a lot of youngsters playing well and there was a "philosophy" in there.

Not the right time. That kind of short term thinking is what got us two more years of Wenger to end with Emery at the last moment instead of Arteta.

Wrighty4eva

Established Member
For all those saying Emery needs time, he needs this defender or that defender, the more I look into this guys stats its plain to see he is not the man to bring us back to the glory days, woefully average boss, he couldn't even put the sword to a 9 man real madrid team with a squad that had mata, david silva and villa...... time for us to start looking elsewhere.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
His competition for top 4 is a young Chelsea team and a PE teacher in Ole. Still think he’ll get top 4.

Now you only sack him if he goes on a terrible run, like 3/4 defeats in a row in the league.

Nah, even then he's still on the job board cause the season is over and we might as well keep him and not renew him.

The new guy comes might not want to come in to a **** show, with Auba and Laca running down their contracts.

Iceman10

Established Member
A couple of things to keep it simple:

(i) We need accountability for players where there is a string of under-performances and/or inexcusable unforced errors. For example, Sokratis needs to be benched, for Chambers (or Holding).

(ii) Question marks starting to arise regarding Emery's second half substitutions.

OmegaOs

Emery has failed to show a consistent starting line up
Emery has made us worse defensively and attacking wise
Our biggest signing has yet to register a goal
Emery keeps picking the same error prone players and shows a lack of merit based picks
Emery wants to make Xhaka one of our captains
Emery has failed to give confidence to one of our brightest youth talents in Nelson
I think 5 games is enough, I want to wake up tomorrow with a headline from the newspapers saying "Emery sacked"

every little thing

1. Bottled the chance to get into top4
2. Beaten by Chelsea in final of Europa
3. Meltdown in the last month of last season
4. Still **** in the new season
5. 5 **** games + 6 **** games of last season is almost 10 **** games
6. Mourinho and Allegri is available

We have no excuses not to sack Emery

samshere

Why so serieuse?
A couple of things to keep it simple:

(i) We need accountability for players where there is a string of under-performances and/or inexcusable unforced errors. For example, Sokratis needs to be benched, for Chambers (or Holding).

(ii) Question marks starting to arise regarding Emery's second half substitutions.
Bench both of them,
Bellerin Chambers Holding Tierney should be our backline.

Zaza

This guy is done for. He leaves at the end of the season. If the clubs keeps him any longer, then they are not serious

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
He's now gonna put out a full strength team against Frankfurt, probably eek out a draw and then cost us the Villa game too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arsenal Quotes

When you grow up with a club and you end up playing for them and winning things, you are from that club. I was born here. I was formulated here.

Liam Brady
Top Bottom