• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

Hoof it up to Xhaka/Guendouzi, and let Kolasinac win the second ball.

We did that against Barca when we beat them 2-1 , Eboue would go past the winger when it was a goal kick at times keeping the wing backs pinned back .

Youré a genius . ;)

carlito'sway

Established Member
Things have to improve.

But I'd rather give Emery a 5 year extension over us getting Mourinho.

I have read a few posters calling for Mourinho. This is insane. This dude is simply toxic and I don't want him anywhere near Arsenal FC.
Having said that, the club should start looking around for a new manager to take over the role at the end of the season if not before. There are a number of young, progressive and talented managers out there to choose from.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He really is losing it. Blanks Özil for Mikhitaryan the previous week and then throws the guy in away from home?

My biggest fear is that we’re throw away this season just to get back into the top four once. Is it worth it if it’s not sustainable?

With Chelsea and Utd flattering we basically have a free pass to start again.

Ewarwoowar

Been crying out for a decent defence for several seasons, cbs alone could make the difference, enabling the rest of the team to look forward, instead of mostly tracking back, every player playing deeper than what is viable or necessary for such attacking minded players to flourish instead of isolation.

Seriously can't understand why we are stop gapping with likes of Papa and Luiz both impetuous and in need of more solid level headed partners around them(incredibly short sighted) and then spunking millions on more attack minded players and effectively putting shackles on them, putting glitter on a turd infinitum.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The subs were baffling yesterday, under pressure from Watford he takes off our three best passers on the pitch and we completely prolapse.

Özil, Guendouzi and Ceballos maybe didn’t have great games but they were giving us some control in the middle of the park. I get that the bench was probably the thinnest it’s been in a while but maybe he should have started one of the three he took off on the bench and started Nelson from the beginning.

No one was forcing him to play 4-4-2 with our only first team quality winger as a striker. Bringing on Ceballos or Özil late on could have given us much more control.

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
We did that against Barca when we beat them 2-1 , Eboue would go past the winger when it was a goal kick at times keeping the wing backs pinned back .

Youré a genius . ;)
Takes one to know one ;)

You have a long memory. I was thinking back to the last season under Wenger when we did quite the same thing.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
The subs were baffling yesterday, under pressure from Watford he takes off our three best passers on the pitch and we completely prolapse.

Özil, Guendouzi and Ceballos maybe didn’t have great games but they were giving us some control in the middle of the park. I get that the bench was probably the thinnest it’s been in a while but maybe he should have started one of the three he took off on the bench and started Nelson from the beginning.

No one was forcing him to play 4-4-2 with our only first team quality winger as a striker. Bringing on Ceballos or Özil late on could have given us much more control.

The fact that he changed 3 midfielders with another 3 (young) midfielders was truly shocking.

How he couldn't notice that AMN was being tormented on that side and do nothing is really shocking.
It reminded me of few seasons ago when Chambers was being ripped apart away at Swansea by Montero.

say yes

forum master baiter
I thought he was right to sub Douzi and Özil off. Both were struggling second half. Ceballos was odd.

Anyway, horrific performance. Probably the most concerning game I’ve seen from Emery. Just didn’t look like he had a clue tactically.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

The fact that he changed 3 midfielders with another 3 (young) midfielders was truly shocking.

How he couldn't notice that AMN was being tormented on that side and do nothing is really shocking.
It reminded me of few seasons ago when Chambers was being ripped apart away at Swansea by Montero.

The bench was absolutely dire yesterday tbf, but he picks the team and if he’s going to play such limp football he’s got to be smarter.

Due to our poverty squad depth he has to realise that the kids would have to play at some point yesterday.

Only start one of Ceballos and Özil, which allows you to swap them in the game when they get gassed. Özil hasn’t played so far this year and Ceballos started for Spain in the break.

Then maybe start Torreira for Guendouzi/Xhaka so late on if you’re leading you can bring someone off the bench who’s comfortable on the ball.

The formation and line up were both so wrong yesterday it was scary.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

The bench was absolutely dire yesterday tbf, but he picks the team and if he’s going to play such limp football he’s got to be smarter.

Due to our poverty squad depth he has to realise that the kids would have to play at some point yesterday.

Only start one of Ceballos and Özil, which allows you to swap them in the game when they get gassed. Özil hasn’t played so far this year and Ceballos started for Spain in the break.

Then maybe start Torreira for Guendouzi/Xhaka so late on if you’re leading you can bring someone off the bench who’s comfortable on the ball.

Two weeks off, and this is what he comes up with. Probably spent his time somewhere in San Sebastian noncing around.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan

Xhaka Guendouzi Ceballos is just a recipe for disaster in away games. The game was being played at walking pace in the 1st half because of our slow build up and movement.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Xhaka Guendouzi Ceballos is just a recipe for disaster in away games. The game was being played at walking pace in the 1st half because of our slow build up and movement.

Tbf that’s arguably our best midfield and while the first half wasn’t great we were showing some control and when you have electric players like PEA and Pepe you can get by with a slow pace.

I knew that once and Özil and Ceballos went off though we were in trouble. His game plan seemed to be start all the experienced players and hope we’d be out of sight by 60 minutes.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Seriously can't understand why we are stop gapping with likes of Papa and Luiz
Didn't we sign Saliba and Holding is on his recovery path? The questions could be made about selection, why is Chambers not playing when Sokratis didn't enter the season well

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Woke up even more certain this guy is not the answer.

He doesn't approach football in the right way. Yeah he's had success but I've seen enough of what he wants to do here to know he isn't a good match for our club.

We need someone who's gonna set the players out with a well drilled and clear style of play.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Tbf that’s arguably our best midfield and while the first half wasn’t great we were showing some control and when you have electric players like PEA and Pepe you can get by with a slow pace.

I knew that once and Özil and Ceballos went off though we were in trouble. His game plan seemed to be start all the experienced players and hope we’d be out of sight by 60 minutes.
We only had control after we scored the two goals. And even then Watford were creating chances. There was definite unease in our play right from the start. We actually should've conceded before scoring.
The narrow shape was causing all sorts of bother. You could see AMN and Guendouzi struggling to figure out who should cover whom on the break. 2nd half we basically made it a scrap and lost every duel.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
The way he’s using Pepe pisses me off as well. He was signed to be a right winger. Play him there. At Lille he’d hug the touchline, isolating himself against the fullback and then cut inside. The way Emery used him yesterday had him picking the ball up in more central positions surrounded by a midfielder or two.

When they assessed the squad and decided they needed more threat from wide areas were they expecting to pay £72m only for the **** to play him as a striker?

Ewarwoowar

Didn't we sign Saliba and Holding is on his recovery path? The questions could be made about selection, why is Chambers not playing when Sokratis didn't enter the season well
I take your point, but, we do need stop gaps for sure but why are we persisting with old grippers whom are renowned for going off script. We have replaced one impetuous **** up in Mustafi with another two, boggles how we churning out the same **** and expect the problem to go away.

Chambers in his youth has a more mature head on his shoulders than these pair and should definitely be given a run with either or. Still though with the way we are being coached at moment though Emery in danger of being labelled the 'talent killer'

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Last year with Cech we tried the build from the back thing. It did not work and soon we resorted to playing it long to the side to Kolasinac and started from there. With that mix up we could sometimes play it short, sometimes long and we got out ok. But now we consistently keep on trying to build from the back when we cannot do it, it’s madness. I honestly hate Emery, he is either clueless or another stubborn bastard who’s standing in the way of his own succes. Either way he needs to go.

RandomHero84

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saka
I think I'm losing faith in emery now. I've been at the benefit of the doubt stage until now. The subs were horrible, the amount of shots we faced, appalling.

I am pretty sure we will lose Auba if this pattern sustains, and then we will see how good we really aren't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom