Unai Emery: Adios

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Mo Britain, Oct 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. TakeChillPill

TakeChillPill Well-Known Member

For me I'm still being Paitent with Emery until he gets his starting 11. But i think he's really been exposed at how limited a manager he is and how he struggles with lateral thinking.

He doesn't have his system, correct, but he still has enough quality in the side to play good football, create chances. Our shots at goal and created chances have dropped considerably since he became manager, we've just been more clinical.

You can see that unlike Wenger he's forcing players to create chances in a very particular way and when that doesn't work, there is no plan b.

All his tactical switches are reacting to the opposition. Althought aht is important against the big teams who are superior to us, we should really be going to smaller teams and imposing our game.

Divided_Pie and albakos like this.
  2. albakos

albakos Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you" Administrator

I know he is a bit of a nut-head, but Bielsa should be a definite candidate in that scenario.
    Although our players probably are not fit to his crazy intense pressing, the work he's done with a mediocre Leeds squad was impressive. They barely missed getting to PL, because they ran out of gas in final weeks of Championship

balthazar likes this.
  3. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

I like thinking outside the box but this will just have us doing a utd and going through managers imo and hoping one turns good

4. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

Would at least be fun

5. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

I used to think the same but now I realise Emery will never have a consistent starting 11 because he constantly chops and changes players and formations according to the opposition. That can work in a cup competition and it’s no surprise he has 3 Europa cups but that constant tinkering in a league set up can actually be detrimental. The team can never develop relationships and synergy on the pitch because one week you’re on the right wing and the next you’re playing box to box even though you are only comfortable being a DM. Just look at the way he is handling Torreira.

NieThePiet, M_A_X, Ewarwoowar and 2 others like this.
  6. morpho

morpho Well-Known Member

I heard there's a argentinean somewhere in North London looking for a better squad...

7. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz Phallus Obsessed

He is going to have to look towards Manchester or Liverpool then.

8. Preacher

Preacher Anti-Ornstein

It's tough to believe that we're working on passing from the back during training.

9. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Sickening to watch. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.

10. Wrighty4eva

Wrighty4eva Well-Known Member

So this is Emery's ideal of "working", sooner we are rid of him the better, Gazidis's last **** you to the fanbase.

Tourbillion likes this.
  11. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

****ing Emery

12. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Ex-Troll

Emery needs a good hiding

Pepes blue pill and lamby22 like this.
  13. Morning_woody

Morning_woody Member

What worries me the most is that we have only extended our pis poor run from the last season.
    It's the same crappy style of football we play.
    There is no improvement on the pitch nor in the table.
    How long can we afford to sit and wait?
    Can Emery survive a defeat and a poor Liverpool alike performance against Man ure?
    Could that potentially be his last game?

Pepes blue pill likes this.
  14. Wrighty4eva

Brilliant post. Exactly the line up I would pick, makes the most sense instead of Unai trying to force Guendouzi and Xhaka into the same line-up.

15. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Hate it when managers have their favourite players that always get a pass. It's a real weakness.

Oh great Frankfurt away next, what a load of **** that will be.

RunTheTrap likes this.
  16. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

The mighty Frankfurt, lost their three star attackers in Rebic, Jovic and Haller and replaced them with bums from Portugal. Hope Emery’s tactical wizardry will help us get away from there with a small loss.

17. Wrighty4eva

This makes me envious, Norwich are so well drilled.

18. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Think Emery will have us put up a good fight. We’ll battle for a 1-1 I think.

19. lamby22

lamby22 Well-Known Member

The return of Bellerin and introduction of Tierney isn't going to save us. As long as that midfield doesn't protect the defence then we are ****ed.

Over a year into the job and we are still far too open as a team. We allow too many shots on our goal. We play with no style and are awful to watch (apart from the odd game here and there).

I think the fans will be pretty quick to turn on him as there's no goodwill or no history there. We have no loyalty to him. I think he'll be packing up his USB sticks before the end of the season.

20. Emeryates

Emeryates Just Here For Heccy

Anyone watch Souness's stuff? Hate agreeing with him, but bringing on kids at 2-1 when facing an onslaught is stupid af

albakos and Pepes blue pill like this.