Unai Emery: Adios

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Mo Britain, Oct 17, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emeryates

Emeryates Just Here For Heccy

Tbf, I'm impressed by Emery. Never thought we could score 3 goals and still be monumentally boring. I knew we could keep a cleansheet while being a disasterclass at the back, but Emery has brought us new discoveries.

2. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Amazing that a game we won 3-0 and the manager came out with no credit at all. Dreadful tactics. We need to start looking for a new guy right now.

Pepes blue pill likes this.
  3. GunnerBP

GunnerBP Well-Known Member Trusted

It looks like Emery just wants to play without a midfield. We play with a 6-0-4 formation, absorb tons of pressure and then try to score with our four attackers either from pressing and forcing turnovers or catching them on the counter.

Just a nightmare to watch.

zilfy, Tourbillion and Wrighty4eva like this.
  4. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Yup. Results aren't a disaster (though hardly anything to be really happy about either), but it's so hard to watch us play.

5. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

Performances have to go up.

You can get away with it against Frankfurt but probably any team in PL would have scored 1 or 2 goals against us tonight.

6. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

The good sign of emery that he not afraid to give youngesters chance to impress.

But still if we not improve away form he'll not survive we can't go every away game conceding 20+ shots.

dbig likes this.
  7. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

Terrible defense again, but at least he decided to keep attacking and didn't sit back.

8. NieThePiet

NieThePiet Loves Overhyping Our Rivals

The game was much closer than a 0:3.
    Two goals after the red card, but offensively it was okay on counters. Created enough and good chances for an away team.

Defensively it was the same like the last game. Maybe shots from the other teams, not always top chances, but the defensive has so much pressure, normally it's not possible to survive this without condeding.

I don't think this will improve one day under Emery.

Rimaal and Toby Andrl like this.
  9. Iceman10

Iceman10 Well-Known Member

In every match we've played so far, including at Frankfurt, there noticeably have been large periods of play where we become very lethargic and passive off the ball when the other team has possession. This is not just a selection and tactics issue, even though there are things to sort out with those also. There is a general energy / dynamism issue over 90 minutes.

One could say it is early in the season and our players are not as match fit as they would be later on in the season, but it is the same for all clubs, and so there seems to be a training intensity issue, as well as an in-game management issue. When our players start dropping off and conceding lots of space to run at us the manager needs to be quickly shouting at the players from the touchline that that is unacceptable, they need to up their energy levels, and press more (in addition to shape issues). I have heard our club characterised as a "luxury club" by some recently, but we can't be a club that allows our players to be soft, in terms of physical demands.

This observation is far from picking out a silver bullet to fix all our issues. It is just one more observation on top of other stuff.

10. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

People keep talking about the defense, but our general play is so bad. It’s worse than Utd at Mourinho if you remember that.

My fear is that results will get him an extension. Utd and Chelsea are so weak that I’m pretty sure we’re getting top 4 even with all these problems. Unless the club are really dynamic, he’ll get that extension.

11. hydrofluoric acid

Yeah, I would like to see a stat about our possession this season. Feels like we are not keeping the ball well enough.

12. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Since Emery has been here I can’t remember a half where we’ve dominated playing threatening football.

It’s always been this weird messy and passive bollocks.

13. Emeryates

Emeryates Just Here For Heccy

Sp**s

14. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Club have to be brave, Emery must be let go based on his football.

If he gets top 4, he’ll actually go out on a high, as someone who came here, help transition the team and get us back in the CL, will leave with my respect.

15. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Sp**s doesn’t count really, those games bring something else out of both set of players.

Tourbillion likes this.
  16. Impact

Impact Well-Known Member

Agreed. The only way Emery warrants an extension on results alone is if we finish in the top 4 and win the Europa League.

17. hydrofluoric acid

That was probably a rebellion from Freddie and his minions, the youngsters!

#Freddie2020

<<reed>> likes this.
  18. Iceman10

Iceman10 Well-Known Member

I'm all for constructive criticism of Emery (and praise when there are some good things), and also that he should go if we don't get CL football for 2020/21.

I'm also ok for saying we can review things in December once there are no excuses regarding absence of Holding and our best full-backs, and also more than enough time for new players to have bedded in.

For anything before December though, I really don't rate much of the comments on these lines in this thread very seriously, especially when I see clowns bringing up Mourinho's name. Sorry if that comes across as offensive to some, but that's just how I feel about those types of comments here.

EmeryCouldnt, 254Giant, Jury and 2 others like this.
  19. rich 1990

rich 1990 Loves the A-M Mods

Second half against Leicester was the probably the best we've produced.

20. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

Bümery ultras:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.