Unai Emery: Adios

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Mo Britain, Oct 17, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Emeryates

Emeryates Just Here For Heccy

When Heccyy and Tierney are back, Emery has zero room to complain. He obviously wants to keep Heccyy (Who wouldn't? Gorgeous, hot and an amazing defender who is a thrusting force), Tierney, Luiz and Sokratis will be all signed with his approval. So it'll be his back four and then he has no excuse

Mind, if you think Heccyy and Tierney are that much of a direct improvement over AMN and Kola defensively, then I'd like to have whatever you guys are having. Heccyy is far better attacking than AMN, but he's hardly some elite level defender (And I really like Heccyyy <3 ). Tierney is probably a better defender than Kola, but he will have to get used to the PL, he's coming from the Scottish league where they have pub teams and they all hang out at pubs before games and play the game drunk, like the Jocks they are.

2. Rimaal

Rimaal Questionable Taste

The result last night flattered us to no end.

lamby22 and DanDare like this.
  3. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

Fulham and Leicester were almost a year ago, it you look at any other games you’ve listed there were huge stretches we looked completely fragile and open to conceding.

4. teamsoutheast

teamsoutheast Well-Known Member

We conceded exactly the same amount of goals as the 2017 season so how do you work that out as worse? We also scored only 1 goal less than the 2017 season. The numbers don't suggest what your saying is true. I do agree we do look disorganised though but that will get better over the course of the season. Alot is also being made of the language barrier and communication with the players, but fair play to Emery for still TRYING to do his pre/post match interviews in English. I remember when Pochettino first came there were issues with the language barrier and look at him now. Fans just need to have s little patience.

5. teamsoutheast

You come across as if you want Emery to fail with this post rather than looking at the situation rationally. I really don't understand why our fans don't get behind the manager.

EmeryCouldnt and Dregen57 like this.
  6. teamsoutheast

But who got the 3 points? They only remember the winners! People have short memories of how we used to dominate the games against Utd and Chelsea and they just sat back, soaked up the pressure and destroyed us on the counter. Why can't we variate our play and adapt just like you all wanted when Wenger was in charge.

7. teamsoutheast

I've seen this same 'No Plan' nonsense from these so called bloggers on Twitter with their fanboys. I can't stand it! It's such a lazy argument to make.

Dregen57 likes this.
  8. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

We won 3-0 against some German farmers

Emery masterclass, knows what he's doing, detailed coaching, personnel are the issue

9. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant

It seems like his communication really is causing issues. This is a smart kid as well...

Rex Banter likes this.
  10. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Really stupid thing to tell press if true or not. :facepalm:

lamby22, Tir Na Nog and El Duderino like this.
  11. yorch44

yorch44 Well-Known Member

So we win a match playing like ****... and all the Emery lovers comes out and says we all need to supporting him even when Frankfurt played better and our MOTM was Martínez. He was the reason we weren’t 2 or 3 goals behind.

12. teamsoutheast

The same farmers who beat Inter, Benfica (both champions league teams) and narrowly lost to Chelsea who we got spanked by right???

13. teamsoutheast

Same problem Pochettino had when he first arrived and look at him now. The same problem Sarri had and he didnt even try do his interviews in English, The writer of the article is nitpicking as far as i'm concerned and this is borderline disrespectful considering Emery tries his very best to do ALL his interviews and pre/post match conferences in English. Absolute piss take IMO.

14. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

So begins the Freddie coup.

15. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

Yup, not very much to go by. Even with this flawed squad we should be dominating/playing teams of the park more often.

Rex Banter and celestis like this.
  16. yorch44

Wow!!! Inter!! And the last year Chelsea... both teams so far behind of being at top level. And not... not the same Frankfurt. They lost Jovic and Revic. Both much better thanwhat they have now. They wouldn’t fail the many opportunities they had yesterday.

17. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

18. teamsoutheast

What do you mean 'WOW Inter' You do know they currently top Serie A right? And I wouldn't go writing Chelsea off. Lampard seems to be getting them playing lately.

19. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

It’s not impossible to get to where Liverpool are, 5 years ago their squad was a joke.

They were smart with their money, sold players at the right time and bought well, but also got a top class manager in to take them up a level.

We haven’t sold well for arguably a decade, or even bought well until recently.

20. yorch44

Maybe you could compare Inter and Chelsea from the last whole season and Frankfurt last year and not inter this year which let me tell you they invested so hard in players like Lukaku and Alexis. And as I told, Frankfurt won’t be the same without Rebic and Jovic. So you cannot compare the last EL semis with this Frankfurt.

It’s like you remove PEA and Laca from Arsenal and we are mid table team.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.