• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Lovely stuff.

Not sure he’s the right man to take us forward long-term, but I’m already so bored of people pretending that he’s been some kind of disaster.
He has been a disaster. Those numbers mean very little. On the pitch we’ve gone backwards from even the washed up Wenger.

Emery must be moved on next summer, poor manager.

Fewtch

Özil at 10 And Emery Out
Lol... I am from Mexico and I don’t give a **** at all... stop being so soft... everyone says Greasy because of that hair!
You can call Gazidis/Pep bald frauds, Mustafi, Xhaka and Özil every name under the sun but calling someone who dunks his head in a bucket of motor oil every morning (no one forced him to) greasy is totally out of line man.

Last edited:

GDeep™

League is very weak
When did we start caring about respect on here anyway? Guys like Rambo, Özil and Wenger were regularly abused on here.

Emery is just another 2 minute bum like El Neny compared to those lot.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Stats like this are meaningless without context.

Emery's first 50 games were 2 fa cup games, 3 carling cup games, 12 Europa league games and 33 premiership matches.

Of those 32 wins, 9 of them were in the Europa League, a whopping 28%. In fact, 17 of Emery's first 50 matches were in cup competitions. Which are easier than league matches.

On the other hand, only 8 of Wenger's were, with the rest coming in the league.

Should it be counted against Emery that he did well in Europe in his first season whereas Wenger did not? No, but the Europa League journey does skew his stats just a tad.

Emery lost 10 of his first 50 compared to Wenger's 11. Emery also had a full preseason to get to know the players instead of joining up about 3 weeks after the season started.

His win rate in the premier league is almost identical to Wenger's on number of games played. I haven't bothered to look at the full record to see who has more defeats or draws.

But these numbers don't even tell the whole story because numbers alone won't tell you the circumstances under which each manager took up the job or the quality of the squad that they had.

Oh come on, this is 50 games not 5, of course these stats carry weight! You like all the other Emery haters will find any excuse to knock him, how about we get behind him and the team and see where we are in May, we haven't even had our first choice full backs play yet. Those who want Emery out after missing CL by 1 pt should go and support Utd or Chelsea, they love changing their managers regularly!

GDeep™

League is very weak
Oh come on, this is 50 games not 5, of course these stats carry weight! You like all the other Emery haters will find any excuse to knock him, how about we get behind him and the team and see where we are in May, we haven't even had our first choice full backs play yet. Those who want Emery out after missing CL by 1 pt should go and support Utd or Chelsea, they love changing their managers regularly!
His team collapsed in the league because of his line ups and poor subs. Then he **** the bed in the EL final.

You can stick your faith where the sun doesn’t shine mate.

No one is saying anything that has not played out right in front of our eyes.

vantoure

To be honest, I thought he did well at Valencia watching from afar, so didn't mind his appointment originally.

I thought bottling Ligue 1 to Monaco while at PSG was maybe a one-off, but there is a string of bottle jobs and cowardly decision-making trailing this guy.

However since he's joined and given the total absence of any coherent play style, it's become clear that he's a manager that is scared of his own shadow. Thus the chameleon strategy - always chopping and changing.

Problem is, even if we say he doesn't have the team he wants, who exactly knows the team he wants anyway. He hasn't settled into a particular pattern where one can decide and say, ha for this pattern to be effective, here's the missing link.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Calling it how you see it shouldn’t make you a hater, but I wouldn’t expect less from some you on here.

We got battered by Watford, what’s he doing on the training ground? Obviously he’s not working on attacking, we can see that.

Maybe he has to sign Messi to improve the attack?

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
His team collapsed in the league because of his line ups and poor subs. Then he **** the bed in the EL final.

You can stick your faith where the sun doesn’t shine mate.

No one is saying anything that has not played out right in front of our eyes.

I'm not your mate & you're biased anyway! He also took us 20 games unbeaten last season from only his 3rd PL game, yet facts like that go unnoticed by those who don't want to acknowledge the positives. Yes he's made some errors with subs but he didn't instruct Sokrapis to give Watford a free goal!

GDeep™

League is very weak
I'm not your mate & you're biased anyway! He also took us 20 games unbeaten last season from only his 3rd PL game, yet facts like that go unnoticed by those who don't want to acknowledge the positives. Yes he's made some errors with subs but he didn't instruct Sokrapis to give Watford a free goal!
I’m not biased, I backed him at the start, why would I be biased against a young Spanish manager who is new to the English game?

He’s done very little right since he’s been here, if anything we’ve gone backwards, his style of management simply isn’t dynamic enough for Arsenal. We’re not Sevilla.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
It’s not worth it mate. The knives are out, the narrative has been constructed.

He doesn’t know what team or tactics to play, his subs are awful, he has no style, he’s lost the dressing room and his football is a mess.

The fact that he had a 20 game unbeaten run, got to the EL final, finished higher than most lauded managers in their first EPL season and is currently 3rd in the league is totally irrelevant.

Pepes blue pill

He doesn’t know what team or tactics to play, his subs are awful, he has no style, he’s lost the dressing room and his football is a mess.

The fact that he had a 20 game unbeaten run, got to the EL final, finished higher than most lauded managers in their first EPL season and is currently 3rd in the league is totally irrelevant.

obv not fussed about league position this early but we are NOT 3rd ffs, You dont just get to ignore goal difference ffs

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The least convincing unbeaten run ever, and some Arsenal fans will live off that for years.

Nah, get this bum out and hire a top manager.

Agenda merchants like @Makingtrax can **** off with Emery.
:lol: Emery may not be Wenger. But he’s not as bad as people are making out.

All I’m saying is let’s see how the season plays out and if he drops down, then people can crucify him.

vantoure

Sarri finished higher (both in their first seasons)
Klopp finished higher in his first full season (apples vs apples)
Pep finished higher as well

20 game unbeaten is all good, but it's not useful if he goes and undoes the good work at the end of the day. Also, to my mind it was the jammiest of all unbeaten runs, even the xG & xGA stats warned it wasn't sustainable

We're not 3rd, we're 7th or something :lol:

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

The Ramsey stuff from last season is a huge black mark against Emery for me tho, still no idea what happened. When he came back into our team he improved us unquestionably and we got injured we got worse. It also took him ages to put him at CM, even when he did come back for a while he played as a 10 until Emery decided he had not choice but to fit both Özil and Ramsey into the team.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

That 20 game unbeaten run was poor and everyone knew we were riding our luck there. The football was not there and we got super lucky.

It caught up to us in the end and we bottled a very easy run in to get 3rd.

The fact that we give so much on individual errors is also partly down to the way he sets us up. Luiz conceeded three penalties in his Chelsea career IIRC, he's already at two here. The systems is contributing to that.

Emery's negatives get propped up a lot because his positives have been mediocre and not consistent enough to paper over the cracks of his negatives.

We need to move on at the end of the season if things don't improve dramatically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom