• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerUK

Guendouzi was identified under Wenger, as was Tierney (reports we've been looking at him for quite a while). Emery also didn't want to sign Torreira.

I’ve read Guendouzi was being scouted by Emery at PSG. and was almost sure Torreira was contacted by Emery personally at the Word cup in Russia (several times) for his signature.

Think you’re wrong Blaze

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Emery has no choice but to play youngsters though. There are no more Mkhis or Elnenys.

He told them to do one and they bounced, though.

Give him credit for getting a bunch of overpaid underperforming players out to clear space for other to take their chances.

Shame Özil and Mustafi stayed for the money otherwise it was quite the clear out.

blaze_of_glory

I’ve read Guendouzi was being scouted by Emery at PSG. and was almost sure Torreira was contacted by Emery personally at the Word cup in Russia (several times) for his signature.

Think you’re wrong Blaze
On Torreira (note the source is atually the Athletic):
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...ry-Lucas-Torreira-Steven-Nzonzi-transfer-news

Guendouzi, identified well before Emery:
https://arseblog.news/2018/12/mislintat-reveals-background-to-matteo-guendouzi-signing/

I know we’re all pretty down on his management at the moment, but I love how many opportunities he’s giving our young players.

Football might be awful but at least he’s setting the club up well for the future. A bit like van Gaal at United.

That is a poitive for sure.But after Raul interivew where he said he would love to see Atsenal do a Barcelona and bring through a group of players, appointing Freddie to first team and selling Miki and Iwobi basically making room for youngsters to play on left wing. Its almost like don Raul forced his hand here.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
That is a poitive for sure.But after Raul interivew where he said he would love to see Atsenal do a Barcelona and bring through a group of players, appointing Freddie to first team and selling Miki and Iwobi basically making room for youngsters to play on left wing. Its almost like don Raul forced his hand here.

Of course that there must've been some input from Emery, how much I don't know, but it seems very much that maybe (and I am giving Raul/Edu the benefit of the doubt) the higher ups have a mid/long term plan for our academy and team in general and that doesn't necessaraly involve whoever it is that's managing the team.

Though he benched Özil for good, he would've probably played Mkhi and Iwobi like he played Mustafi today. Not having a dig at him, as he would need to keep those senior players happy, but that would keep Nelson, Martin Nelly and co. out of the team.

berric

Established Member

Player:Trossard
Emery was never shy of playing youngsters in the past and that's why I was bummed when Elneny and co. got precious minutes reserved for Willock.

However, got to hand it to him as he hinted at Willock replacing Ramsey this season way back in April or May. So kudos for sticking to some principles.

I am edging more towards not extending his contract but I will support the guy until he is here. I am still hoping that he'll grow with the team and start producing more expressive and cocky line-ups as the team develops. If he can't, at least the foundation is here for someone who can.

GDeep™

League is very weak

Think you’re wrong Blaze
Emery wanted Nzonzi but the club opted for Torreira.

Tierney has been identified by Arsenal for 3/4 years. We’ve been linked to him every summer.

Jae

I'm not sure we can credit or criticize Emery for any player recruitment anyway. Thought he was just a coach who had a a bit of input but not really involved in that?

Was going to say mate. Does it really matter anyway? The most important thing is he's willing to take a chance by playing them.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Was going to say mate. Does it really matter anyway? The most important thing is he's willing to take a chance by playing them.
Does he have a choice? Saliba comes next season and any new coach will have to play him.

yorch44

Commander of the Pelotudo Brigade
Does he have a choice? Saliba comes next season and any new coach will have to play him.
Exactly... Board sold players not him. He played Mihki one day before leaving to Roma... if he is playing youngsters is because he has no other choice... if you are not called Mesut Özil you will play.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
He told them to do one and they bounced, though.

Give him credit for getting a bunch of overpaid underperforming players out to clear space for other to take their chances.

Shame Özil and Mustafi stayed for the money otherwise it was quite the clear out.
Yeah, I was somewhat joking. I'm pleased with the chances the kids are getting. They all seem to be shining to varying degrees as well which is awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom