• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
This lethargic play will come back to bite us.

You could even see that last autumn during the unbeaten run. Even back then such overall performances were clearly not sustainable in the long run the way Arsenal actually played. No one coming back from injury or whatever is going to change that. And it's going to happen again this season.

Jae

It is perfectly possible to simultaneously want Emery out at the end of the season, to be happy with third place right now and to be unhappy with (aspects of) our style of play. It is not all-or-nothing.

This 100% , barring some absolute disaster.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

You could even see that last autumn during the unbeaten run. Even back then such overall performances were clearly not sustainable in the long run the way Arsenal actually played. No one coming back from injury or whatever is going to change that. And it's going to happen again this season.

You look at some of the thrashings we put down last autumn and the likes of Özil and Ramsey were key creative forces.

Now we have lots of deep midfielders and an isolated front line. It’s dreadful stuff.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

You look at some of the thrashings we put down last autumn and the likes of Özil and Ramsey were key creative forces.

Now we have lots of deep midfielders and an isolated front line. It’s dreadful stuff.
Need a good positive manager mate. Need it sooner than later. Emery can stay for the season as long as we make top 4 and he plays the kids often but after that he needs to go. Guendouzi, Willock, Martinelli, Saka, Nelson, ESR and Saliba, we are stacked with real talented players, next manager will be key. I feel like we have all the ingredients for something special. Get a guy like Nagelsmann or honestly if Ten Hag continues like this with Ajax in the CL (3-0 vs Lille, 3-0 vs Valencia) he would be a good candidate too. But our future is coming fast and we need to be ready!

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

It's not like we have been ott about this, both of us raised this concern in a level headed way (well, I might have gone a bit off with the sh*t posting towards the end but I digress) and we're going down the same road again expecting a different result.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

They're too flat. There's a far bit to not like about it at the moment.

None of them play like Ramsey or locked in Özil did. It’s just not their game. We’re going to struggle to create chances through the middle all season long.

Praying the full backs make a difference because at the minute we can’t sustain any pressure.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
None of them play like Ramsey or locked in Özil did. It’s just not their game. We’re going to struggle to create chances through the middle all season long.

Praying the full backs make a difference because at the minute we can’t sustain any pressure.
I can't lie, it's ****ing awful how we can't probe. The ball seems to get caught up and lost on touchline repeatedly. We were doing well on the flanks in the week. Still, it can't be just about Bellerin and tierney. It's a problem.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I can't lie, it's ****ing awful how we can't probe. The ball seems to get caught up and lost on touchline repeatedly. We were doing well on the flanks in the week. Still, it can't be just about Bellerin and tierney. It's a problem.

They will help, but as long as our midfield is bypassed even by a fat Fraser, it's not going to get much better.

Bagels

Trusted ⭐

Has Emery achieved what he set out to achieve in regards to the system he has set up on the pitch?

If he has - are Tierney and Bellerin really going to make that much of a difference to our performances?

If he hasn't - what exactly is he trying to achieve, and how is he short from that vision?

Genuine questions, as it is difficult for me to tell exactly what Emery is trying to do with the team/if he's already done it. You'd imagine that by this point there would be some sort of coherence in the team set-up and play, I just don't see it.

Toby

It's not like we have been ott about this, both of us raised this concern in a level headed way (well, I might have gone a bit off with the sh*t posting towards the end but I digress) and we're going down the same road again expecting a different result.

Yeah, I had the whole BBQ meltdown thingy going on for me, but in the end it was an honest feeling back then and it turned out true. Arsenal was **** back then and everyone without super tainted glasses saw it.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

And now Özil is still here but frozen out and Ramsey is a trequartista rated by offensive manager Sarri and fans alike at Juve. Mind boggling.

I blame Gazidis for him not being here, why the f*ck he thought it was a good idea to take Mkhitaryan’s albatross contract on when we got rid of Alexis is beyond me.

Also he shouldn’t really have extended Özil seen as Wenger raised doubts about renewing him and if Wenger left which he did, Ivan was forcing a new manager to play him because of the giant wage.

Emery isn’t blameless, he tried to freeze Ramsey out at times last year but relied almost entirely on him for the home stretch. Banter mismanagement.

Toby

Emery isn’t blameless, he tried to freeze Ramsey out at times last year but relied almost entirely on him for the home stretch. Banter mismanagement.

Especially in light of Emery saying he would build his team around Aaron, then using him at 10 solely for his engine in pressing, then throwing a cohesive press overboard, disregarding him, then bringing him back into the fold later. Sarri wasn't too overwhelmed with Ramsey to begin with what you hear from Juve fans, but now he's their creative force.

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Ramsey was pretty much ****e at the start of last season, maybe until winter if I remember correctly.

Cannot find game-by-game ratings, maybe someone can help. But you can see how his avarage rating from last season is 6.70 in EPL, while mostly he has over 7.00 in his career, one is even 7.76.

He was great at the end of the season (and when he got injured our results dipped).

But something is dropping his avarage last year while performing so well later, and his bad start can explain it.

https://www.whoscored.com/Players/26820/History/Aaron-Ramsey

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom