• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gunner D

Coronavirus Truther; ex. Gunner boy dd
Just had an epileptic fit, in hospital now feeling ****ed.

Spending the last two weeks on here bashing the manager seems a millions miles away now.

See you when I see you lads.
Crazy stuff. Hope you’re good bro!

Iceman10

Established Member
Hey could be... but it's been troubling for awhile now 6-7 months . Fwiw I agree we pressed better and I did mention that in the match thread , I am more talking about our intent in attack we are just too slow and static when it comes to giving options .

The issues you saw in attack are not something I disagree with. In your initial comment you said:

"I'm watching a side that strolls through a match .at times casually passing to each other in the back line"

... this is what I mainly disagreed with, particularly when it came to our first half performance.

Regarding attack, this is part I think related to absence of Laca and part with our balance in CM and what we are doing with a transition beyond Özil. Some of what we are seeing now is even a transition beyond Iwobi, which was a calculated decision, but looking like a good one now, imo.

Steps

Just had an epileptic fit, in hospital now feeling ****ed.

Spending the last two weeks on here bashing the manager seems a millions miles away now.

See you when I see you lads.
In my prayers, man. If you need anything, let me know.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
My point is that despite the fact that city have lost like this, they will bounce back in style. Let's not forget that city there was a period last season where city lost 3 PL games in 4. But they recovered and went on that 23 match winning streak which ultimately led to them winning the title. I don't know why you're comparing us with city? quality wise, we're miles off them.

Is it too much for us to win games comfortably?
Is it too much for me to want us to play cohesively?
Again, I don't hate the manager. I hope he turns it around soon. Your argument is that HB, KT and RH will come in to the side and help us dominate games. If you look at what Emery has been doing, I don't think he's setting up to dominate games, I think he wants to invite pressure onto our half. I may be wrong.
My point was also that Chelsea's defense that looks worse than ours on paper look more comfortable than ours.

Like I've been saying during our back and forth, bad performances eventually will catch up with you. It always does.

We don't create chances regularly from open play. Look at Chelsea, they create chances for fun.

I was in favour of him ostracising Özil from the squad. I think it was the right decision. But we're too one dimensional and we look laboured during our build up and his persistence with Xhaka is sucking the life out of our games.

At the end of the season, I hope to see us playing entertaining stuff or at least decent football, not this Pulis football

I'm not comparing us to City, that would be stupid, you brought City up so I replied. I don't think having those 3 back will see us dominate but lets face it, we should be a much better side with those 3 playing, although Chambers I think will stay at RB for a while as Bellerin has been out the longest. When all up and running lets see how we go from there, if we don't get top 4 we will all want him out and rightly so. I'm not a fan of mid season manager changes and a number of people on here seem to want him gone now, I don't but it doesn't mean I'm blind to his errors.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I'm not comparing us to City, that would be stupid, you brought City up so I replied. I don't think having those 3 back will see us dominate but lets face it, we should be a much better side with those 3 playing, although Chambers I think will stay at RB for a while as Bellerin has been out the longest. When all up and running lets see how we go from there, if we don't get top 4 we will all want him out and rightly so. I'm not a fan of mid season manager changes and a number of people on here seem to want him gone now, I don't but it doesn't mean I'm blind to his errors.
Fair play.

I thought you were one of those who blindly support managers. Glad to know that you're aware of his errors.
I hope he's able to turn our performances around.

I really want him to succeed here. But let's wait till our first choice fullback come into the side first

Dregen57

The truth is, some Arsenal fans want Emery to fail for two reasons: 1. Because he isn't playing their favourite player. 2. Because they haven't let go of Wenger yet. Cold hard facts I'm afraid.

Blaziken

The truth is, some Arsenal fans want Emery to fail for two reasons: 1. Because he isn't playing their favourite player. 2. Because they haven't let go of Wenger yet. Cold hard facts I'm afraid.
I prefer Wenger but i want the best for Arsenal. we're clearly regressing

krackpot

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Personally yes. If he played Özil I'd be much more accomodating for his other decisions.

About Wenger, it's a shame we haven't renamed our stadium after him.

Divided_Pie

Wrong. I want Arsenal to win and I'll be absolutely gutted if we don't get CL football next season. I don't look forward to watching Emeryball but I don't want him to fail to reach that goal. I love Özil and honestly think he would help the team if given time on the pitch, but I acknowledge he's a poor fit for what the coach wants and it would be best for all if he's loaned at this point. I appreciated Wenger's style and what he's done for the club but I knew (and still know) his time had passed.

Please stop chalking the Emery criticism up to weird agendas when there are plenty of valid, logical, objective, and quantifiable arguments for why Emery is failing to get the best out of the team.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Absolute load of tonsil. Neither of these two reasons are anywhere close to why I am not happy with Emery and I certainly DO NOT want him to fail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom