• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jae

He has 3-year contract. One year left after this.

Can you see Raul giving sacking him if Arsenal gets to UCL, which is the main objective?

I cannot. I see them possibly even extending so we won't be in similar uncertainty as with Wenger affecting the team and new acquisitions.

"The Spaniard took over as Arsenal’s head coach on a three-year deal last week but The Times has learnt that the club can invoke the clause without paying up the full value of his contract."

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/arsenal-have-break-clause-in-unai-emery-contract-b7dw7hwjh

It's a two year deal and the club have the option to extend that by a year. At the end of the day, the club is bigger than Emery and our board seem to be quite ruthless now. If a WC manager is available then I can quite easily see them not extending Emery's contract.

Dregen57

Wenger on Emery: "I'm not here to judge coaches. I am a supporter of Arsenal FC, so I just support him. But he can win games and he plays a type of game that I like. A club like Arsenal is a huge responsibility and one of those responsibilities is to play attractive football."

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

It's a two year deal and the club have the option to extend that by a year. At the end of the day, the club is bigger than Emery and our board seem to be quite ruthless now. If a WC manager is available then I can quite easily see them not extending Emery's contract.

Yeah WC manager could do it.

But it is a 3-year contract. And actually now that I read it more carefully it says this:

"The Spaniard took over as Arsenal’s head coach on a three-year deal last week but The Times has learnt that the club can invoke the clause without paying up the full value of his contract."

So they could have to pay something if sacked before it ends.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Wenger on Emery: "I'm not here to judge coaches. I am a supporter of Arsenal FC, so I just support him. But he can win games and he plays a type of game that I like. A club like Arsenal is a huge responsibility and one of those responsibilities is to play attractive football."
Doesn't really sound convincing.. Ever the diplomat.. If he was thrilled about the football he wouldn't have mentioned the not judging coaches bit, imo. Obviously I could be well off there though.

Wenger seldom paints anyone in a negative light. Think back to the Mourinho - Wenger debacle, he was always a gentleman. Mou, not so much..

Dregen57

When Wenger announced he was leaving,one of the fans behind the campaign to get him out said "At last we will have a unified fanbase". Like f*ck we have,it's far worse than it ever was.The worse part about being an AFC fan is our whingy, negative fanbase

drippin

Obsessed with "Mature Trusted Members"

Doesn't really sound convincing.. Ever the diplomat.. If he was thrilled about the football he wouldn't have mentioned the not judging coaches bit, imo. Obviously I could be well off there though.

I think his attitude is similar to mine. Supporting Arsenal head coach unless he fails. Haven't seen that yet.

But you have good point about his diplomatic ways. That last sentence looks like he wants to hint a bit about playing more attractive football.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
When Wenger announced he was leaving,one of the fans behind the campaign to get him out said "At last we will have a unified fanbase". Like f*ck we have,it's far worse than it ever was.The worse part about being an AFC fan is our whingy, negative fanbase
I agree with this a lot but would also point out that this is the nature of the game. Look at the Real Madrid fans. Liverpool last season when they didn't win. Take a look at the fighting **** forum. It is all over.

ThlRama

Player:Saka

It was bound to be like this. We are heading exactly where that United fanbase is, where half of them demand a new manager every 6 months.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
I think his attitude is similar to mine. Supporting Arsenal head coach unless he fails. Haven't seen that yet.

But you have good point about his diplomatic ways. That last sentence looks like he wants to hint a bit about playing more attractive football.
Exactly, AW would never just say "well they play kak football and it isn't attractive" So he structures it in a way that is almost a backhanded compliment..

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Are xG stats normally proven accurate by the end of the season? I know last season it predicted we weren’t good enough for the top four.

But the ones I’ve seen so far for this season show ours and Utds position in the table reversed. Which considering the performances isn’t that hard to believe.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Are xG stats normally proven accurate by the end of the season? I know last season it predicted we weren’t good enough for the top four.

But the ones I’ve seen so far for this season show ours and Utds position in the table reversed. Which considering the performances isn’t that hard to believe.
United haven't performed well though..

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
The manager that follows a great generally always ****ed. Feel we will see a much more united fan base for the next manager unless its a divisive figure like Rodgers.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
Can't understand why he is so divisive. Working wonders at LCFC and very nearly held Pool to a draw recently. Think people have the wrong impression of him but anyway. Not trying to derail it here...
Would guess a mix of the self PR pre Liverpool, the attitude while at Liverpool & some of the stories in the press about business dealing + personal life if foundation or not.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Would guess a mix of the self PR pre Liverpool, the attitude while at Liverpool & some of the stories in the press about business dealing + personal life if foundation or not.
In other words anything but football related reasons;)

As I said, I do not want to derail this thread.

Emery has this season. That is clear. Hoping for improvement in the way we play. Tough fixtures to deal with after the break and notoriously one our most horrible part of the season (Nov - Dec)

pikey2000

I think Emerys tenure relies heavily on how much of an impact Tierney, Bellerin and Holding can make on the football we are playing, both defensively and offensively

If Tierney can produce the performance we have seen against Forest and Liege on a consistent basis he's a massive upgrade, if Hector can regain form and fitness the right hand side is a big upgrade and you could argue that a Holding/Luiz CB combo is the most adept set of ball playing CB's we have had for quite some time....so the signs are there that they could have a big impact if all goes to plan.

We are very much grinding results out at the moment, if those 3 come back and we still struggle to enforce our game on the teams from 6th position downwards for longer periods of the games then the club need to think about a chance BUT ONLY if the right man is available - not keen on knee jerking from one manager to the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom