Unai Emery: Adios

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Mo Britain, Oct 17, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

No point abusing or bashing Emery. The club have hired a man who isn’t big enough for this club.

Ash10 likes this.
  2. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

Biggest issue is I'm not sure who we can replace him with. I'd be fine with us getting rid of him in the next few weeks if results and performances don't improve but would be hard to get a competent replacement. Don't want to get into a situation like United have if we went for someone like Arteta, Ljungberg or Vieira. So do we wait until the end of the season and attempt to get a world class coach in? Anyone reckon Pep fancies a new challenge? :lol:

3. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

Exactly, he's a mid table manager

Artisan likes this.
  4. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

All that said, I’m pretty certain we’ll get top 4, even 3rd.

5. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Sevilla, Valencia etc is his level.

He’s the Spanish European level Moyes.

Artisan likes this.
  6. goonerfamily

goonerfamily Active Member

No I agree but I just cannot see what Xhaka and Kolasinac have done to keep their spot in this team. We are shooting ourselves in the foot by not playing our best players

7. mavelous

mavelous Tinfoil hat aficionado Trusted

If he starts Xkaka and Kolasinac against Palace, may well say goodbye to his job.

To any top team job for that matter

Ash10 likes this.
  8. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

If Ljunberg is as big an influence as made out, then with an experienced coaching staff it could work.

9. Red London

Red London Well-Known Member

How? I don't see us winning any away games right now. All those 6-10th place teams are going to dominate us.

10. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

Leicester are currently massively outperforming their stats, something will have to change or they'll drop off

11. RunTheTrap

RunTheTrap Well-Known Member

One thing I absolutely despise about Emery is how he uses the 10 role. It’s so anti-football, even Mourinho wouldn’t do it. Yes I know Mourinho gets a lot of hate here but at least he knew the importance of the role. Helped Özil and Sneijder reach high points in their career.

skience3 likes this.
  12. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

At most he might drop kolasinac as Tierney is just too good
    He'll die before he drops Xhaka

13. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

I'd bet my life (if that's worth anything to you) that Freddie will do a better job than this. Atleast for half a season.

14. MutableEarth

MutableEarth Bloody awesome NSFW avatars Trusted

Emery cant seem to set up a decent possession game or attack. The attack is all based around transitions and overlapping full backs. While I dont doubt that Tierneys arrival and Bellerins return will help with the latter, the former is useless if we don't play the players who can force turnovers nor the possession tactics to create chances reliably.

15. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Utd are getting relegated, Chelsea are banking on kids.

More a case of other clubs being in trouble tbh.

16. Rex Banter

Rex Banter Knows a guy who knows an ITK at Bristol Trusted

Chelsea and Leicester have no depth at all tbf.

As for Sp**s if they get Mourinho in then probably but I think that team is done. You can’t play a high pressing game year in, year out and not build up the squad.

Kane and the rest of them looked dead by half time on Saturday. Levy’s f*cked them with his stinginess.

IrishKookaburra likes this.
  17. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Freddie can't do any worse. The players just haven't got a clue what's being asked of them. At least Freddie can communicate with them properly.

Artisan, El Duderino and JoaoFelix like this.
  18. HBL

HBL Well-Known Member

Not convinced a Ljungberg experiment is the way to go.

Pep, Ten Haag, Tuchel are the 3 most exciting coaches in the world imo. No chance we get the first option but would love all three.

Luis Enrique could be worth a gamble but got the feeling he was bailed out by Messi at Barca. Not convinced I want Allegri, I just want to enjoy watching us play again.

Tourbillion likes this.
  19. Kav

Kav Well-Known Member

i think we will finish 5th based on how we play. United won't be crap all season and Sp**s will bounce back (i am enjoying their decline right now though). Leicester will be there fighting and Chelsea have good players like willian, jorginho, batshuayi, and even barkley on his day is half decent, they will finish above us if things continue this way.

20. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

He’ll get in an experienced staff, and that’s half the job done for him.

Rio Ferdinand says Alex was never at training.

Tir Na Nog likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.