• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Pfffffff.... Wild speculation and all this comes with 'perfect timing'. The press take advantage of the negative energy around the club and have conveniently written the story to please you lot and feed ur negative feelings towards the manager. Take all that crap with a pinch of salt.

You remind me of Bagdad Bob.

Polar Bear

I'm hearing a lot of people saying ''What if Wenger comes back, and has he deliberately not taken a job because he feels he could return''

I loved Wenger, but he was finished, bringing him back is not the correct fix, because what happens if he starts losing a few games in a row and we are losing every away game again? , its just so toxic and a dangerous circle. Wenger was fantastic from 1996 - 2005 , some amazing years with major trophies and great football and he built many good sides for us over that time. But he is too old now and he was done a few years ago, just leave him in peace, returning could be a disaster.

If we get rid of Emery, which I hope we do ASAP, then we need to look for a new manager who can take us forward, someone with a very good CV. Wenger not for me, its not because I don't respect him, its more because I fear it could just be a disaster and also he is too old to be the future.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Sounds like one of those catastrophic situations one faces on Football Manager from time to time.

Usually ends with a sacking or resignation, for me at least.
This is absolutely damning if true. So in a nutshell, nobody likes him (except Xhaka) and the only thing he can do right in the players' eyes is to give Xhaka free reign to be a turd. Goodness what a nightmare. He needs to be sacked yesterday. Can't have the inmates running the asylum. I thought maybe he'd be stronger without the likes of Neymar and Mbappe to push him around but apparently the only players he can actually stand up to are Özil and Mustafi, neither of whom have ever come close to being as disgraceful as Xhaka.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

Hate to say it but as much as I think we need to see him get the sack to get the majority squads faith back I just don't like the chances, the main reason being is the board, if the board wanted to start playing like the invincibles era again & winning they would have sacked him a while back & especially not hesitated yesterday. If he is slowly losing the faith of the dressing room, we will start to lose the guys like Auba, Laca, Bellerin, even Holding or Tierney already perhaps. Whats going to happen then?

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Would like to think he’ll be gone by Christmas. The table is starting to level itself out and the gap between the top four is a true reflection of where we are.

Continue how we have been all season and by December it’ll be mid table.

mpower2540

Not sure we’d brief the press that he’s gone in the next few weeks If it doesn’t turn around so I’m taking what Matt Law and Ornstein say with a pinch of salt. The one thing Arsenal do seem to be good at is keeping what’s actually going on under wraps (I think, I don’t even know anymore with this **** show of a club) . He’s a dead man walking imo, matter of time till we pull the trigger

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal

I know it's the Sun but it's saying something I like so

giphy.gif

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
If Emery stays and we don't get Champions League, where would Auba and Laca go?

Auba will be 31 and Laca 29 next season, would any top team be willing to invest in them? (don't think either wants to go to China)

Think that part is just the press trying to stir up more fan unrest against Emery...but hey, whatever gets him out the door quicker! ;)

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
If Emery stays and we don't get Champions League, where would Auba and Laca go?

Auba will be 31 and Laca 29 next season, would any top team be willing to invest in them? (don't think either wants to go to China)

Think that part is just the press trying to stir up more fan unrest against Emery...but hey, whatever gets him out the door quicker! ;)
I can see Auba thriving in the MLS - they would love his personality and he would be able to enjoy his glitzy cars without fear of criticism in the US

Sanis

Flamini is a billionaire now, isn’t he? Runs that successful biochemicals business, he should buy the club and sack that loser.

Rescue the club and your best friend, Mathieu.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I can see Auba thriving in the MLS - they would love his personality and he would be able to enjoy his glitzy cars without fear of criticism in the US

Agree with this, but not at only 31 surely?

billyf

Imo, both the administration and Emery are equally guilty for this situation. The administration because they did nothing to get rid of Özil and Emery for not signing a decent playmaker in the summer transfer window. If it weren't for the EL, Emery would be sacked already.

vantoure

Imo, both the administration and Emery are equally guilty for this situation. The administration because they did nothing to get rid of Özil and Emery for not signing a decent playmaker in the summer transfer window. If it weren't for the EL, Emery would be sacked already.
Why's Özil featuring in this again, he's barely played although golly ready and available, yet he has to be namechecked?

Similar to how all the bad from last season was Wenger's fault

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
They can't move Özil if he doesn't want to leave, he has a contract. And FRANKLY I, & MANY MANY LIKE ME, DO NOT WANT HIM TO LEAVE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom