Unai Emery: Adios

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Mo Britain, Oct 17, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Why so long to implement a style? Rodgers, Klopp, Lampard, Nuno etc, countless others done it much much quicker.

2. Kysus

Kysus Well-Known Member

Humans are hilarious (mis-) interpreting everything they see based on their limited subjective views.

If you werent so blinded by (xhaka-) hate you would have noticed that I noted his rather limited ability as one of our big flaws right now.
    We are relying on his passing because we noone else capable as of right now.
    Torreira is ultra limited with the ball, Guendo can't be trusted deep either which leaves us with the pure hope of Ceballos, a loanee, possibly being moulded into the role in the future.

Our squad management in CM is pure madness, We need a frigging ball-playing DM ffs

3. Preacher

Preacher Anti-Ornstein

In football world, it is known, that Emery doesn't have his own style. He likes to adapt to opponents and nullify their strengths. It sometimes work better, if he is coaching underdog team like Sevilla, but big clubs like PSG and Arsenal need to dictate the game, play to their strengths. Nowadays Aubameyang and Lacazette spend too much time playing like wing-backs, especially away from home.

4. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Its both areas of the game really. This midfield is not protecting the defence or pressuring opposition. With the ball we struggle moving it forward or controlling games.

Arguing between the midfielders merits at the mo is pointless as not a balanced two or three between them.

Riou likes this.
  5. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

Weird when I'm the one getting lectured on fallacy & biasness of human perceptions.

& btw I'm not even gonna entertain the argument about how only Xhaka can pass out of the back as everyone knows hilariously wrong that statement is.

Pepes blue pill likes this.
  6. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

So we'll finally see his style when we're in the championship?

Tourbillion and GDeep™ like this.
  7. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, But Rarely

Yeah, where will we be by the time Unai finds his style?

8. roz

roz Well-Known Member

Has he gone yet?

9. Sanchez11's ghost

Sanchez11's ghost Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

Any chance he will resign?

10. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

I’m not sure I buy this talk coming out of the club. Are they really happy with spending £100m on a left back and winger and he decides to play them in a meaningless Europa game rather than a “must win” game? Results are ****, performances are ****, man management skills are ****, tactical decisions and team selections are ****. I’m not buying it.

11. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

No, he's staying till the end of the season

12. Sanchez11's ghost

Sanchez11's ghost Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

Shame

13. <<reed>>

<<reed>> Meme Merchant

It seems the manager(s) they wanted to replace Emery with turned them down, so the board decided to keep Emery. Maybe he'll be replaced with Freddie if he starts losing even to cannon fodder at home.

14. kraphtous

kraphtous Raul Stanllehi

You‘re looking at things logically. But logic goes out of the way when it comes to your old pal, and Emery is Sanllehi‘s old pal. Edu is Sanllehi‘s pet and Vinai is Sanllehi’s business partner in crime.

This board of “experts“ is worse than what Gazidis offered on his own, who despite lacking football knowledge at least knew to listen to one of the most respected figures in the sport — Arsène Wenger.

Artisan likes this.
  15. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

Honestly, even during the end of Wenger’s reign I still got some enjoyment or excitement about watching us, even if it was just vain hope that we might produce.

If the board really do feel as Ornstein suggests than I can’t help but be apathetic towards the team for the rest of the season.

It’d be a no win situation for us fans either way. Miss out on CL and we’ve wasted another 6 months. Qualify and we waste another year with him.

16. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

In today's game, there's more money to be made over a longer period of time if you run a club well. Brand image is everything.

17. kraphtous

kraphtous Raul Stanllehi

They are not running the club well are they?

Pepes blue pill likes this.
  18. roz

roz Well-Known Member

Would genuinely like to hear anyones opinion who backs Emery (at least til the end of the season). Trying to wrap my head around the fact he’s not already gone.

19. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

They're not. Which is why it's hard to believe that they don't care about results or they're only in it to grease palms with their pals.

20. TromsoGooner

TromsoGooner Well-Known Member

Don`t think you`ll find anyone here. Seems that pretty much every Arsenal-fan out there wants him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.