<

Unai Emery: Adios

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Mo Britain, Oct 17, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UpTheGunnerz

UpTheGunnerz No Longer Phallus Obsessed

So Emery have six games to save his job, let's back him and the team. Winnable fixture, most of 'em.

2. teamsoutheast

teamsoutheast Well-Known Member

If that's how you feel fair enough, do that. I ask you this question though, is this how you will carry on anytime the club have a bad spell or go through tough times?

3. Ceballinhos

Ceballinhos Cheating on Santi

It's not the matter.
    It's not because fans are paying that they should try to force the club's hands whenever they feel like it. Or expect that all their opinions matter.

4. Kav

Kav Well-Known Member

Yet he won't win most of them. Hence why he deserves to go now.

5. Kav

Kav Well-Known Member

Fans opinions matter only to the extent that it affects the bottom line negatively.

The sooner we accept this fact. The easier it becomes.

6. APierre

APierre You Wanna Come Out Here?

We hired Pablo Pineda. Don’t know what it has to do with Wenger anyway.

Toby Andrl likes this.
  7. GDeep™

GDeep™ Bum Squad CEO

We have the best away crowd in the country, Emirates is packed every week despite no real success for 10 years and it being the most expensive ticket in Europe. What more do you want?

Fans are disillusioned, there are deep problems at the club and the only way for many to show their frustration is to protest.

Weird attitude from you, similar to what we’ve heard from the club in previous really, “just shut up, pay your money and support”.

8. GDeep™

GDeep™ Bum Squad CEO

Not sacked today morning, so he’ll be here till the summer.

If we win the EL, then he’s safe for a few more years.

9. teamsoutheast

There are deep problems yes, I agree, and the club, to be fair to them, have made changes to the backend structure and have been more proactive in the transfer market. It won't happen overnight though. Fans need to realise this and have a bit of patience. A toxic environment just adds fuel to the fire and makes the environment intolerable for the players and isn't a good advert for any future signings. It's also not a good environment for some of our best youth talents to be in knowing that if they make the slightest mistake, the fans will be on their back. A bit harsh of you to say we have had no real success in 10 years considering we won the FA cup a few times recently. Yes we all want the Champions league and league title but that hasn't been made any easier with the likes of Man City and Chelsea. The club have been moving in the right direction off the pitch but just need to get back to winning ways on it. I remember the 97/98 season we had a terrible November, pretty much lost all games and there were boos and negativity from fans, we did however manage to turn things around and in the end we won the title clawing back a 14 point lead. That year, we were 6th by the end of 1997. If we get behind the club and players, who knows what could happen...

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  10. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

11. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

We had a genius in charge of the team.

12. teamsoutheast

Tourbillion likes this.
  13. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Arséne Wenger once said "I will miss you"

:lol:

14. GDeep™

GDeep™ Bum Squad CEO

Says more about the frustration of fans than anything else. Even now, would say most fans have an issue with the club before the manager.

15. Trojanbear

Trojanbear New Member

Why delay the inevitable? Sack the guy already

16. kenshinSG

kenshinSG New Member

I apologise to teamsoutheast (and any who was offended) for asking him to be banned because he still felt Emery needs another season or two to get his team up.
    I recognise that he has the right to his views, even if I disagree 110%.
    I am very frustrated that everything has hot worse. And very worried we might have another season in Europa or even no European football at all. All our best players would surely leave by then and no matter who is the manager then, there is no miracle. We will only find it harder to get into top 4 or UCL once this season is over

Squillaci likes this.
  17. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

No, just when the management surrounding a crises has an attitude of "nothing to see here, **** you stakeholders"

18. Mark Tobias

Exactly, he sounds like a club PR guy stuck on repeat "pay up vermin, we've lots like yous, so feck off if you're unhappy"

Artisan, Toby Andrl and GDeep™ like this.
  19. Mark Tobias

Oh lord, it's not 97 anymore buddy

20. Gunner140

Gunner140 Active Member

Yes and Klopp finished 8th in the Premier League during his first season in charge yet they gave him time.

Leicester is unique, how many clubs have sacked their manager and didn't progress. Watford, Everton, Southampton.

Leicester is where it is because of their fantastic scouting not managers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.