Unai Emery: Adios

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Mo Britain, Oct 17, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Kenny Jackett at Wolves: Four days!! Come onnnnnn.

Toby Andrl and American_Gooner like this.
  2. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Prefers To Be Called Dennis

I don't get why we are backing Emery.

I said two years is the time but you have to see improvement after first season or at least some direction we are heading into. Klopp and Pep didn't start well in league but you at least saw their idea, game plan and slowly improvements.

We have gone backwards and after 18 months you still feel like there is huge communication problem between the manager and the players. You would have to wait until Emery improves on communication and then get his ideas across. That is a long time.

#254 Well-Known Member

Do you honestly believe this could happen? :rolleyes:

Toby Andrl likes this.
  4. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

Yes, they would. Because the decision is split three-ways, if two people get cold feet, that's it. If two people chicken out of making a tough decision, that's it. They can keep pointing fingers and because we don't know who's the head honcho, they all get away with if.

Leaving all fan sentiment aside, on a board level, this is a tough decision. But this is when actual leadership needs to be at the forefront. This is where building transparency and a line of communication with the fans actually pays off.

This way, if you want him to stay or be sacked, fans will actually listen to you and take your words to heart.

Arsenal really needs to hire a new PR team stat, things are way too toxic because of the club's lethargic and reactive approach and unless they actually put the effort to convey a plan and have fans, staff and team buy into it, every rough patch is going to be worse than it is now.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
    Toby Andrl and Garrincha like this.
  5. Jaroyouth76

Jaroyouth76 Member

I think raul and edu have put the pressure on in that meeting basically saying if you dont beat southampton and play some good football the coach is gone . They cant afford to watch sit in the stands and watch the rubbish we have been playing after spending 140 million pounds on players and we are on -1 goal difference with our front 3 . The guns is only pointing at one person and its emery .

6. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

In hindsight I'd have kept Mislintat, made him Technical Director, went without Sanllehi, and then got in a proper football CEO like e.g. Marotta once Gazidis ****ed off.

That's a clear hierarchy, even with space left above (e.g. Director of Football) or below (e.g. Director of Recruitment/Scouting; or Squad-/Teammanager) Mislintat to add further football proficiency.

Could've even made Mislintat from Head of Recruitment to say something like Teammanager - a quasi promotion but not a substantial, "real" one but still moving him closer to the team - brought in a new Head Scout with fewer capacities than Sven had before him, and still added an external Director of Football like Edu.

CEO, DoF, Teammanager. Three heads executive team with a clear hierarchy above the respective Heads of Scouting, Academy, Medicine, etc. Not that muddled **** with no real CEO and this weird double leadership.

7. Preacher

Preacher Anti-Ornstein

In my mind, this season is already written off. The best time to sack Emery is during this international break. In December or January, it will be too late.

8. El Duderino

Yup, that's pretty dead on. In my other reply to yousif I mentioned how that muddies the water so that the three stooges don't have any real incentive to take charge of anything at the club.

I wouldn't actually mind Raul as CEO, not that I think he'd be the best choice, but at least we'd have a clear picture of the top decision maker in the club.

It would also make communication with fans much more linear and streamlined.

Toby Andrl likes this.
  9. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

That what i like to see to maybe clubs afraid to have many personalities

Toby Andrl likes this.
  10. El Duderino

I'm doing some transcribing/translating work for a club in the MLS and it's all unedited interviews with many of the VPs, top executive brass and coaching staff and all I can think whilst doing it is "Wow, this makes so much ****ing sense from an organizational stand point! Why can't Arsenal be more like them!?"

Mind you, I don't follow them enough to know if their talk translates to real world success, but at least you can tell they've got the right people in and that they're all footballing/soccer people that realize how much fans are important for the club and how the communication I was talking about a few posts back is paramount to have everyone in an organizational level, as well as a fan level, bought into what the club's trying to do.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2019
  11. teamsoutheast

teamsoutheast Well-Known Member

While it's mathematically possible.... why not??

12. Toby Andrl

Toby Andrl Part Time Stuttgart Fan Trusted

It would be three people. Right now there's also three people in Raul, Vinam and Edu.

13. El Duderino

Can't wait until Flamini buys the club, puts Cesc and Özil on the board, and has a statue of him ponting towards the sky built the very next day he takes charge.

Sanis, Rex Banter, krackpot and 2 others like this.
  14. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

Nothing, emery is a loser, accept it

15. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

First the comments about the importance of playing attractive football at Arsenal and now this. I bet Wenger can’t believe we replaced him with an absolute bum like Unai Emery Etxegoien. Must be disgusted by the sight of him in the dugout. At least it’s making him look infinitely better I guess

Artisan and El Duderino like this.
  16. El Duderino

That six pack tho....

17. teamsoutheast

teamsoutheast Well-Known Member

One thing I admired about past Emery teams was that he always had a SOLID midfield pivot. At Valencia, he had Albelda and Topal/Parejo, Sevilla it was Mbia and Krychowviak. Our midfield look VERY lightweight at the moment. We could do with a bit of physicality and athleticism added in there. I wouldn't be surprised if we went for Danilo Pereira in the January transfer window or if Edu had a few physical holding midfielders in mind from Brazil/South America. The Arsenal midfield has been broken for years and i'm pretty sure he could fix things once the midfield is fixed.

krackpot and Garrincha like this.
  18. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

We know he was skeptical about Lucas & wanted a more physical DM but then looks to got it wrong with Dani & Denis Suarez. Its hard to see how they complement the midfielders we have or where they fitted in with Xhaka already.

If Mendes can get the boy wonder out of Benfica we will be sorted for years.

krackpot and El Duderino like this.
  19. El Duderino

Another reason why he needed to be sack after Leicester.

20. Preacher

Preacher Anti-Ornstein

At least good news, that we won't drop any points in the next two weeks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.