• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
I know he came with decent reputation here but why didn't our board give him 2+1 contract that was rumoured?

more sources have indicated that there is a break clause, Ornstein is the only one who has reported something to the contrary and imo the reason for that is to avoid the perception that Emery is a lame duck

GoonerJay24

On the one hand I'm seriously concerned about the teams form and the leaks coming out regarding discontent amongst players.

However I'm pleased the board are backing Emery during a difficult moment. Shows Arsenal aren't like other clubs and look after their employees when not everything's going well.

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
The way more mind boggling thing about signing Krychowiak was apparently Emery really, really wanted him signed for Saint-Germain, only to then completely sideline and ghost him.
Squad cover for Veratti IMO. At the time they had an ageing Thiago Motta and a very young Rabiot in midfield.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Squad cover for Veratti IMO. At the time they had an ageing Thiago Motta and a very young Rabiot in midfield.

I'm pretty sure there were quotes out there from Krychowiak Emery lured him with stuff like building around him or that he'd be a key player just like at Sevilla, but he completely sidelined him before even trying him out properly.

Toby

I'm pretty sure there were quotes out there from Krychowiak Emery lured him with stuff like building around him or that he'd be a key player just like at Sevilla, but he completely sidelined him before even trying him out properly.

There you go:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/oct/13/grzegorz-krychowiak-psg-unai-emery-west-brom

"Grzegorz Krychowiak has accused Unai Emery, the Paris Saint-Germain coach, of not telling him the truth about the reasons for leaving him out of the team for so much of last season, and revealed the extent to which their relationship broke down by saying he “felt deception” whenever he spoke to the Spaniard." [...]

"[...] he is clearly frustrated with the way things unravelled for him at PSG, in particular Emery’s responses whenever he sought an explanation. “I spoke with the coach but every time when I spoke with him I felt deception,” Krychowiak said.

Asked to elaborate on that and whether he felt he was not being told the truth during their conversations about his lack of match action, Krychowiak said: “Yes, exactly. So for me I didn’t understand why. The coach knows me very well. We spent two years together and before I signed the contract he told me to come to PSG, and I didn’t play.”

teamsoutheast

Player:Ødegaard
There you go:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/oct/13/grzegorz-krychowiak-psg-unai-emery-west-brom

"Grzegorz Krychowiak has accused Unai Emery, the Paris Saint-Germain coach, of not telling him the truth about the reasons for leaving him out of the team for so much of last season, and revealed the extent to which their relationship broke down by saying he “felt deception” whenever he spoke to the Spaniard." [...]

"[...] he is clearly frustrated with the way things unravelled for him at PSG, in particular Emery’s responses whenever he sought an explanation. “I spoke with the coach but every time when I spoke with him I felt deception,” Krychowiak said.

Asked to elaborate on that and whether he felt he was not being told the truth during their conversations about his lack of match action, Krychowiak said: “Yes, exactly. So for me I didn’t understand why. The coach knows me very well. We spent two years together and before I signed the contract he told me to come to PSG, and I didn’t play.”

Probably didn't work out for Krychowiak due to the emergence of Rabiot at the time. He had an exceptional season at such a young age and formed a good partnership with Verrati. Just didn't work out for him unfortunately.

Toby

Probably didn't work out for Krychowiak due to the emergence of Rabiot at the time. He had an exceptional season at such a young age and formed a good partnership with Verrati. Just didn't work out for him unfortunately.

That well maybe the case, but the accusation here is not that it just didn't work out for him, but that he feels he's been deceived by Emery before signing the contract and also during his stint in France. Think Krychowiak wouldn't have come out to say this if Emery had been honest about his role prior to signing and during the season telling him, like in your theoretical scenario, that Rabiot and Verratti just were the better option right now. According to the player Emery said one thing and then did the other. That's just bad style and obviously worrying in relation to that manager's man management and communication skills.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Imagine thinking Emery can turn this around against City, Chelsea or even United :lol::lol::lol::lol:

You don’t let a fire burn the top half of your house just because the bottom half is fine...this is madness, and bar an unlikely Europa victory, they will have even more pissed off fans come the start of next season!

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Southampton have just lost 9-0, been battered by a dreadful Everton. They are completely shot. There is only one team that could lose this.

Once Boufal came in, they actually dominated Everton for a good while... We're not winning this.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Imagine thinking Emery can turn this around against City, Chelsea or even United :lol::lol::lol::lol:
There are some deluded people in here who believe we'll win like 18 out of our remaining matches when we can't even win at home or defend 2-0 leads. Not even gonna bother about the away record as that's relegation worthy.
But don't you worry, they'll keep on fighting the good fight to save emery.
Most of our easy matches are out of the way. This man has single handedly pushed us back several years at the very least.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Southampton have just lost 9-0, been battered by a dreadful Everton. They are completely shot. There is only one team that could lose this.

Auba to score an own goal winner in protest, before our fans get blamed for booing it...I think yes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom