Unai Emery: Adios

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Mo Britain, Oct 17, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

The board have made it pretty clear, it's better to just support Emery. By the time he does get sacked which will be in January should it happen, our season will be over anyways. Might as well just back him and team because he's not going anytime soon. This was the perfect time to change.

2. Highbury_2006

Highbury_2006 Village Idiot

Will probably try to ignore our league games because i cant see the spanish Pardew turn things around there. Europa League is the most important competition for us now and thats just sad.

3. Ash10

Ash10 Well-Known Member

Don't worry, he'll get smashed by the first good team he faces in the EL as well.
    & it's also very depressing that EL(a competition for losers) is the only thing to look for in a season that had so much promise

4. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

Been cautious with him since before the middle of last season. Performances weren't there and I thought that maybe he wasn't the one for us.

When the bottling started I knew he wasn't, but I thought, at least lets give him another window, he might prove me wrong, you know?

Narrator: He didn't.

yorch44 and Riou like this.
  5. North5

North5 Here since 2009. Still no custom title.

Football is **** nowadays anyway

6. tactica442

tactica442 Member Trusted

When I saw Sokratis conceded that silly goal when playing out of defense, I know there must be problems with the training. That kind of mistakes must have happened a lot in the training ground when the team was asked to play that way. What the heck Emery was thinking by asking Sokratis to play like a Brazilian? That tactical misjudgment partly contributes the team incapable to keep clean sheet and hence the low confidence.

Sack him before it's too late really. Without CL football next season and with the potential of two of our best strikers to sit out their contracts, it would cost the club at least 50 million on loss of transfer income.

7. yorch44

yorch44 Well-Known Member

Well, I doubt him since the moment board announced him. Since the PSG failed in CL the way they did I knew he is a middle table manager.

Ashybashy86 likes this.
  8. Steps

Steps Well-Known Member

Ya know, I was sat here wondering if maybe the board back him because of promises he made to them during the interviews. Certainly ManU has been a rival of ours these past few decades, and I'd bet Emery said he'd compete with the likes of them. Wouldn't you know it, we are above them in the table. Master stroke by our skipper.

Squillaci likes this.
  9. Artisan

Artisan Not Emery's Old Pal

I imagine it's similar to how Stalin must have felt when he made a deal with Hitler to divide up Poland.

Jury likes this.
  10. MikeVinna

MikeVinna Well-Known Member

If Emery would have just stuck to a formation and played the players in their right positions we would be comfortably in the top 4. I’m sure of it.

Aussie_gunner123 likes this.
  11. albakos

albakos Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you" Administrator

Caption this ?

[​IMG]

E: I left you a team full of protagonists, they obeyed my orders.

T: Riiight !

UpTheGunnerz likes this.
  12. Flying Okapis

Flying Okapis Well-Known Member

This season and how we are still proceeding to play it out from the back and almost get caught out every damn time, everyone can see its just not working, Man City started the trend here in England but trends in football dont last long, clubs adapt and figure it out, yet Emery jumps on the trend late, the players never looked comfortable doing it yet we still proceed with it to this day.

That ****ed me right off and convinced me he is an idiot.

P.S - before his PSG move I was HUGE on him coming here as well, so yeah I know **** all :lol:

albakos and Riou like this.
  13. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

Unreal that he's still here.

Squillaci likes this.
  14. Aussie_gunner123

Aussie_gunner123 Well-Known Member

I never thought of that, your probably right there, if anything the players would have also had Ljungberg to fall back too aswell to find out proper instructions.

15. Artisan

Tuchel is probably wondering why the waitstaff is speaking to him in gibberish instead of getting him his coffee.

16. Aussie_gunner123

Aussie_gunner123 Well-Known Member

IMO Emery has no excuse with this new squad compared to the last squad I named.

17. kenshinSG

kenshinSG New Member

I had serious doubts about him last season when he dropped Özil and Ramsey for no reason than "hard work in training". Then his non existing style made it hard to watch. The last straw the way he screwed up the last 6 games and Europa final, I knew he is just not gonna be able to make it.
    All the matches just got worse.

The way we beat Leicester 3-0 last season was with the same players. Yet we can even manage the free flow passing now.

18. Ricardinho

Ricardinho La Liga Correspondent

End of season collapse/Europa League final.

Riou likes this.
  19. Artisan

I think I've come to terms with it, we are going to be stuck with the Spanish John Carver until the end of the season. Bring on the relegation battle.

Squillaci likes this.
  20. Riou

Riou Nostalgia Merchant

In Championship Manager 03-04, John Carver is one of the most sought after coaches in the game, he has the same reputation as Wenger and Ferguson for some reason :lol:

Always something that has confused me...