• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

isop

I agree with this. I think we have the 3rd best squad in the league. We are still a bit too weak in midfield for my liking though.

It is too easy to overrate or underrate a player's individual level because football after all is a team sport. How good or bad you will look will depend a lot on how well your team mates are doing their jobs. The player is only 1 part of 11 parts. Obviously the manager is responsible for making all the parts connect to each other etc.

It is interesting that suddenly Leicester's players are rated so highly at the moment. Particularly their defence. Almost the same defence that was shambolic, conceding 48 goals last season.

Have their defensive players suddenly turned world class? Or is the fact that compared to last year when they were inviting teams onto them, this season they are dominating play and attacking all the time, thus giving their defenders less to do? I'm afraid it is the latter.

I agree with the point that the manager has improved Leceister, their playstyle has changed and he has unleashed their attacking potential rather than the cautious style of play we saw with Puel, who was still a decent manager but could have done more with the team.

But I also think you're underrating them a bit too easily as well. Leicester have been quietly putting together a good team for a few seasons now with quality scouting and recruitment; and if you look at the players individually/have followed them for a while you'll see that they are actually quite good and highly rated for a reason.

An improvement in manager is making it more visible, just as an improvement in manager would do the same with Arsenal.

Malky

Established Member
How tedious and uncomfortable would losing touch with 4th make them though? That'd be a HUGE failure regardless of where we are in the EL. And if we have lost touch by then, why would they think we had a chance of winning it anyway? It'd make no sense to keep him if we're going to sack him in the summer. May as well get a caretaker in and hope we somehow go on a run.
Relying on winning the EL is also incredibly naive, looking at some of the clubs that could drop into it from the Champions League and our chances become very, very slim. Not sacking Emery right now could be the worst decision the club could make. Atleast with a new guy in charge the fans will get behind him, it'll kick some new life into players and, like you said, we could go on a good run. Because right now there's nothing to be positive about.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
I still maintain that we have the 3rd or 4th best squad in the division and are good enough to reach their target if they are utilised properly.

This is so deluded no wonder Arsenal fans are always upset at the manager. What has this squad of players done to show they’re a top 4 team? Why would we buy a CB Chelsea didn’t even want and he becomes our most important player? This team has finish 5th 6th 5th last 3 seasons and got smoked in the EL final.

They’ve done nothing to be rated so highly by you it’s just delusional to think they’re that good. Our defence and midfield is abysmal.

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
Emery is going to turn this around. The light is darkest before the dawn. You got this, blood.

giphy.gif

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
This is so deluded no wonder Arsenal fans are always upset at the manager. What has this squad of players done to show they’re a top 4 team? Why would we buy a CB Chelsea didn’t even want and he becomes our most important player? This team has finish 5th 6th 5th last 3 seasons and got smoked in the EL final.

They’ve done nothing to be rated so highly by you it’s just delusional to think they’re that good. Our defence and midfield is abysmal.

Its not a great squad but it should be able to reach the top 4 with a decent coach. Unfortunatly the current coach is a big joke without any kind of football philosophy so the squad doesnt seem as strong as it should.

m-due

I might be late but did anyone catch the Vieira interview a day ago and how he delved in the Xhaka situation and defended him. He took the diplomatic route when it came to the Emery question. He is ready for an interview soon.

celestis

Arsenal-Mania Veteran

How tedious and uncomfortable would losing touch with 4th make them though? That'd be a HUGE failure regardless of where we are in the EL. And if we have lost touch by then, why would they think we had a chance of winning it anyway? It'd make no sense to keep him if we're going to sack him in the summer. May as well get a caretaker in and hope we somehow go on a run.

To be fair to him , one of the years he won the EL Sevilla didn't win a single away game . I get your point thought CL

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I might be late but did anyone catch the Vieira interview a day ago and how he delved in the Xhaka situation and defended him. He took the diplomatic route when it came to the Emery question. He is ready for an interview soon.
An interview for a managerial position or just one of those general interviews, press conferences? I'll back him as manager if its a managerial position for sure.

m-due

An interview for a managerial position or just one of those general interviews, press conferences? I'll back him as manager if its a managerial position for sure.

For a managerial interview. Judging from the sound bite I heard, he is definitely well aware of what’s happening with the club. I support Emery all the way but if the club is regressing, there should be options in place and prepare the club for a change. Vieira would be one of those candidates. The international break better be a reflecting moment for Emery. We need results.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
For a managerial interview. Judging from the sound bite I heard, he is definitely well aware of what’s happening with the club. I support Emery all the way but if the club is regressing, there should be options in place and prepare the club for a change. Vieira would be one of those candidates. The international break better be a reflecting moment for Emery. We need results.
'If' the club is regressing?

BigPoppaPump

Its not a great squad but it should be able to reach the top 4 with a decent coach. Unfortunatly the current coach is a big joke without any kind of football philosophy so the squad doesnt seem as strong as it should.

Why though? Do you think those defenders and midfielders are top 4 quality? Theres more evidence suggesting they’re not than they are. Torreira-Guendouzi is not a good midfield I’m sorry.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Easily the worst man manager I've seen which is impressive.

Kos desperately wanted to escape and happily tarnished his legacy to do so.

Torreira wants to leave because Emery is stroppy as he wasn't the CM Emery wanted.

He was too scared to just ****ing pick a captain and let the players vote. I don't care if some psychologist suggested it, other managers would laugh in their face.

Xhaka now wants to leave as Emery let this situation happen.

Özil situation is mental, Emery has made so many contradictions in the matter its dizzying.

Auba and Laca don't want to sign new deals, now randomly pissed of Auba for no reason.

Pepe frozen out when hitting form for no reason what so ever. Emery says he needs to play more so he settles in, when asked why he isn't playing. ?????? Emery is probably being a prick because he wanted Zaha and got Pepe instead.

Every week that passes he damages the team more, how in the **** is he still here. Cvnt.

BigPoppaPump

Easily the worst man manager I've seen which is impressive.

Kos desperately wanted to escape and happily tarnished his legacy to do so.

Torreira wants to leave because Emery is stroppy as he wasn't the CM Emery wanted.

He was too scared to just ****ing pick a captain and let the players vote. I don't care if some psychologist suggested it, other managers would laugh in their face.

Xhaka now wants to leave as Emery let this situation happen.

Özil situation is mental, Emery has made so many contradictions in the matter its dizzying.

Auba and Laca don't want to sign new deals, now randomly pissed of Auba for no reason.

Pepe frozen out when hitting form for no reason what so ever. Emery says he needs to play more so he settles in, when asked why he isn't playing. ?????? Emery is probably being a prick because he wanted Zaha and got Pepe instead.

Every week that passes he damages the team more, how in the **** is he still here. Cvnt.

So all thise players that left Arsène, was that because he was a bad man manager? I think Arsenal fans like to drive themselves crazy and create narratives, the media know this and love to stir it and you guys eat it up.

Koscielny was the most overrated Arsenal player ever anyway, good riddance to that
bum his legacy is singlehandedly losing hs many big games and in general being a weak defender.

Highbury_2006

Village Idiot
Do you think those defenders and midfielders are top 4 quality?

With the right coach, yes. I genuinely believe that Sokratis and Luiz can do really well with a coach that isnt clueless and almost impossible to understand. Luiz was one of Chelsea's best defenders last season but he had a good coach during that time.

The midfield is our weakest point but Emery isnt doing much to make it better. He is playing our best defensive midfielder as a number 10 ffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom