Unai Emery: Adios

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Mo Britain, Oct 17, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. isop

isop Well-Known Member

I agree with the point that the manager has improved Leceister, their playstyle has changed and he has unleashed their attacking potential rather than the cautious style of play we saw with Puel, who was still a decent manager but could have done more with the team.

But I also think you're underrating them a bit too easily as well. Leicester have been quietly putting together a good team for a few seasons now with quality scouting and recruitment; and if you look at the players individually/have followed them for a while you'll see that they are actually quite good and highly rated for a reason.

An improvement in manager is making it more visible, just as an improvement in manager would do the same with Arsenal.

Hleb's Sirush and Squillaci like this.
  2. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

Relying on winning the EL is also incredibly naive, looking at some of the clubs that could drop into it from the Champions League and our chances become very, very slim. Not sacking Emery right now could be the worst decision the club could make. Atleast with a new guy in charge the fans will get behind him, it'll kick some new life into players and, like you said, we could go on a good run. Because right now there's nothing to be positive about.

3. BigPoppaPump

BigPoppaPump Well-Known Member

How? Arsène got sacked because he missed out on CL twice in a row if they listened to fans Arsène would’ve been sacked years ago. You’re giving fans way too much credit.

Squillaci and Sanchez11's ghost like this.
  4. BigPoppaPump

This is so deluded no wonder Arsenal fans are always upset at the manager. What has this squad of players done to show they’re a top 4 team? Why would we buy a CB Chelsea didn’t even want and he becomes our most important player? This team has finish 5th 6th 5th last 3 seasons and got smoked in the EL final.

They’ve done nothing to be rated so highly by you it’s just delusional to think they’re that good. Our defence and midfield is abysmal.

Riou likes this.
  5. EmeryCouldnt

EmeryCouldnt Well-Known Member

Emery is going to turn this around. The light is darkest before the dawn. You got this, blood.

[​IMG]

American_Gooner, Jury and m-due like this.
  6. Highbury_2006

Highbury_2006 Village Idiot

Its not a great squad but it should be able to reach the top 4 with a decent coach. Unfortunatly the current coach is a big joke without any kind of football philosophy so the squad doesnt seem as strong as it should.

Sapient Hawk likes this.
  7. m-due

m-due Well-Known Member

I might be late but did anyone catch the Vieira interview a day ago and how he delved in the Xhaka situation and defended him. He took the diplomatic route when it came to the Emery question. He is ready for an interview soon.

celestis likes this.
  8. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

To be fair to him , one of the years he won the EL Sevilla didn't win a single away game . I get your point thought CL

Jury and m-due like this.
  9. Aussie_gunner123

Aussie_gunner123 Well-Known Member

An interview for a managerial position or just one of those general interviews, press conferences? I'll back him as manager if its a managerial position for sure.

m-due likes this.
  10. m-due

m-due Well-Known Member

For a managerial interview. Judging from the sound bite I heard, he is definitely well aware of what’s happening with the club. I support Emery all the way but if the club is regressing, there should be options in place and prepare the club for a change. Vieira would be one of those candidates. The international break better be a reflecting moment for Emery. We need results.

Aussie_gunner123 likes this.
  11. Ash10

Ash10 Jury Lite

'If' the club is regressing?

m-due, Artisan and Mark Tobias like this.
  12. Preacher

Preacher Anti-Ornstein

Looks like we have Ornstein source out in the open. As Ithought Sir Chips fingerprints are all over it.

13. GoonerJeeves

GoonerJeeves Up The Terriers

David O'Leary?!....God help us...

14. yorch44

yorch44 Well-Known Member

You took your time isn’t it? Let me tell you this isn’t the darkest moment. Relegation zone is darker than this

15. BigPoppaPump

Why though? Do you think those defenders and midfielders are top 4 quality? Theres more evidence suggesting they’re not than they are. Torreira-Guendouzi is not a good midfield I’m sorry.

Tourbillion likes this.
  16. Jasard

Jasard Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Easily the worst man manager I've seen which is impressive.

Kos desperately wanted to escape and happily tarnished his legacy to do so.

Torreira wants to leave because Emery is stroppy as he wasn't the CM Emery wanted.

He was too scared to just ****ing pick a captain and let the players vote. I don't care if some psychologist suggested it, other managers would laugh in their face.

Xhaka now wants to leave as Emery let this situation happen.

Özil situation is mental, Emery has made so many contradictions in the matter its dizzying.

Auba and Laca don't want to sign new deals, now randomly pissed of Auba for no reason.

Pepe frozen out when hitting form for no reason what so ever. Emery says he needs to play more so he settles in, when asked why he isn't playing. ?????? Emery is probably being a prick because he wanted Zaha and got Pepe instead.

Every week that passes he damages the team more, how in the **** is he still here. Cvnt.

17. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

I agree, our midfield remains one of the worst in the league.

Aussie_gunner123 likes this.
  18. BigPoppaPump

So all thise players that left Arsène, was that because he was a bad man manager? I think Arsenal fans like to drive themselves crazy and create narratives, the media know this and love to stir it and you guys eat it up.

Koscielny was the most overrated Arsenal player ever anyway, good riddance to that
    bum his legacy is singlehandedly losing hs many big games and in general being a weak defender.

19. Highbury_2006

With the right coach, yes. I genuinely believe that Sokratis and Luiz can do really well with a coach that isnt clueless and almost impossible to understand. Luiz was one of Chelsea's best defenders last season but he had a good coach during that time.

The midfield is our weakest point but Emery isnt doing much to make it better. He is playing our best defensive midfielder as a number 10 ffs.

Sanchez11's ghost likes this.
  20. Highbury_2006

One of the worst? Thats just ridicilous.

yorch44 and Sanchez11's ghost like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.