• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

nick gould

Why is he still our manager. It's clear that he has lost the dressing room. He doesn't trust himself to make the correct decisions anymore hence the reason why he let the fans influence his decisions. Fans ask for Xhaka to be dropped. Unai gives them that albeit reluctantly. The fans ask for Özil to be included, eventually Unai oblige. He is chopping and changing the team and yet the tactics remain as confused as ever.

Kysus

So you will give another manager time, but not Emery? In today's world everyone want instant success. I understand the frustration and feel the same, but the situation we are in calls for patience. I don't belive Emery is the problem, but understand I'm in the minority.

1 1/2 years and all the stats and eyetest suggest that he made us worse, with a better squad.

Why the blind faith? Patience just for patience sake is as cowardy as it gets.
Making mistakes is fine, correct it and move on. What is not ok is not being willing to accept the mistake and just keep digging a deeper and deeper hole hoping for the hole to magically vanish one day. Unfortunately the club seems to do that right now.

boyinneedofhumor

"Emery must go..."
Ok... provided an interim or next manager has been identified. And I don't mean casually dropping another name. Like sacking first, then asking if another wants to take that up.
That would appear as rolling another dice.

"Emery has wasted 2 seasons..."
This season maybe yes, last season not really.
His 1st season coincided with players whose contracts aren't renewed and released, players into last year, players out on loan etc. There was some trimming to do. And it was during his tenure, even if it wasn't his role.
The spotlight wasn't solely on him then.

I'm proposing it might be better to gauge him based on this season/now rather than last (even though I'm disappointed at the way that we failed to make CL).

"Emery is clueless, can't you even see..."
Ok... but only after a chance's been given to see.
Might be abit of a stretch, but it's like that pill that the doctor has prescribed. I cannot say for sure if there aren't any allergies until I've tried.

Perhaps this isn't a total waste; it could be used as a reference in the next appointment. And maybe offer some insights on not just on the coach, but the players and execs etc as well...

Squillaci

Now Bellerin wants to leave.

Emery will see off every decent player we have before he's sacked.

This is what concerns me the most. Losing quality players because they are not satisfied and don't see things getting any better under Emery.
That would be a disaster as we wouldn't be able to replace them.
I don't think there's a lot of quality players looking at us at the moment and thinking:,,I sure would like to go there and give it a try"

EmeryCouldnt

Established Member
I do believe the view “I hope we lose the next game and he gets sacked, so we can move on to a better future as soon as possible” is an interesting one...short term loss for long term gain type of thing...hard to know if wanting Arsenal to lose, as a fan of the club, can ever be considered a good thing, regardless of the long term view...I suppose you have to believe the result will be worth the sacrifice.

1534350678658.png

Losing is not good for the club. Period.

blaze_of_glory

Kos has spoken to The Athletic about why he left. Relates to Emery. Summary in this reddit thread.

“TLDR: Kosc first concerns were when Emery did not assure him he would remain captain following his arrival to the emirates until mid-august. Following the departure of Gazidis, his future contract that was in the works (which involved him staying on to coach for the club after his playing days were up, kind of like Per) was thrown into question.
Under Wenger Kosc was given rest between some games as to avoid him having to take pain killing injections to get through matches because of his Achilles. When Emery came in, as well as when Kosc came back from his terrible injury, he was being forced to play games in quick succession causing him pain in his aforementioned area, as well as his body aging naturally causing him some discomfort.
Knowing there was interest for him in China and France, as well as feeling mismanaged by Emery, Kosc forced through a move to Bordeaux.”

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Kos has spoken to The Athletic about why he left. Relates to Emery. Summary in this reddit thread.

“TLDR: Kosc first concerns were when Emery did not assure him he would remain captain following his arrival to the emirates until mid-august. Following the departure of Gazidis, his future contract that was in the works (which involved him staying on to coach for the club after his playing days were up, kind of like Per) was thrown into question.
Under Wenger Kosc was given rest between some games as to avoid him having to take pain killing injections to get through matches because of his Achilles. When Emery came in, as well as when Kosc came back from his terrible injury, he was being forced to play games in quick succession causing him pain in his aforementioned area, as well as his body aging naturally causing him some discomfort.
Knowing there was interest for him in China and France, as well as feeling mismanaged by Emery, Kosc forced through a move to Bordeaux.”
He's had plenty of time to make his excuses. Fact is, he acted like a ****.

Hleb's Sirush

Established Member
Judging by the activity on the Raul/Vinai thread I see the people have finally started directing most of their ire towards our board.

Emery is like the guy in charge of a small boat, with a loyal crew of lowly paid fishermen. Expertly guiding it through local canals and rivers, with the occasional foray into international waters.

He excelled at that job and now was made the captain of a huge cruise liner. Instead of sailing through the calm, local waters he was used to, he has to sail across vast oceans. His crew now consists of well paid professionals.

After initially doing an ok job, it has then become clear he was painfully out of his depth. He is desperately trying to reacreate what worked for him before. While moving one fisherman from the back to the front of a small boat seemed to work, when he asked the Payroll Clerk or Sound Technician to fulfil the Chief Engineer's job role, unsurprisingly it failed miserably.

He then didn't help himself by ostracising the not always reliable but at times brilliant Navigator of the ship. A decision he had to reluctantly admit he was wrong and bring him back.

Right now everyone can see the ship is sinking, in fact the below decks are all flooded with water.

The only question people are asking now is why are the people in charge waiting till the whole ship is under water? why not get in an experienced captain in now? Then there is still some hope he will be able to rescue the situation. Wait any longer and the ship will have taken in more water. Then even the most experienced, brilliant captain around won't be able to do anything and we will have to write off not just this year's voyage but possibly recondition the ship and write off some of the older crew members, setting us back a few years before we can confidently go on another journey.

Jackie_Treehorn

Player:Martinelli
Judging by the activity on the Raul/Vinai thread I see the people have finally started directing most of their ire towards our board.

Emery is like the guy in charge of a small boat, with a loyal crew of lowly paid fishermen. Expertly guiding it through local canals and rivers, with the occasional foray into international waters.

He excelled at that job and now was made the captain of a huge cruise liner. Instead of sailing through the calm, local waters he was used to, he has to sail across vast oceans. His crew now consists of well paid professionals.

After initially doing an ok job, it has then become clear he was painfully out of his depth. He is desperately trying to reacreate what worked for him before. While moving one fisherman from the back to the front of a small boat seemed to work, when he asked the Payroll Clerk or Sound Technician to fulfil the Chief Engineer's job role, unsurprisingly it failed miserably.

He then didn't help himself by ostracising the not always reliable but at times brilliant Navigator of the ship. A decision he had to reluctantly admit he was wrong and bring him back.

Right now everyone can see the ship is sinking, in fact the below decks are all flooded with water.

The only question people are asking now is why are the people in charge waiting till the whole ship is under water? why not get in an experienced captain in now? Then there is still some hope he will be able to rescue the situation. Wait any longer and the ship will have taken in more water. Then even the most experienced, brilliant captain around won't be able to do anything and we will have to write off not just this year's voyage but possibly recondition the ship and write off some of the older crew members, setting us back a few years before we can confidently go on another journey.
That is an extended metaphor, but I find it to be satisfyingly accurate. The man can’t pilot, let alone captain, a ship.

Ricardinho

La Liga Correspondent

Terrible attention to detail if bumnai doesn't look into these sort of things when going into a new club. Getting to know your players, if there's any certain training methods etc is surely top of the agenda for most.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Terrible attention to detail if bumnai doesn't look into these sort of things when going into a new club. Getting to know your players, if there's any certain training methods etc is surely top of the agenda for most.
I think it's plain now that he came in determined to change everything, regardless of Arsenal's, and Wenger's, long traditions, and anyone else's feelings, and the newly installed hierarchy encouraged him - and a large portion of the fan base too

change for change's sake rarely works though, as we are finding out - we need a successor who will restore some of our old values, make an effort to find out how our players feel, and not feel obliged to stamp his own identify over everyone and everything

which is decidedly not Mourinho, but Arteta does not seem to have a huge ego, and Howe would both fit my own personal bill too

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom