<

Unai Emery: Adios

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Mo Britain, Oct 17, 2018.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KrissKringle

KrissKringle Well-Known Member

Or to coach teams until we're out of the top 4 race and have to be sacked. Carpe diem and all that jazz, I say!

GDeep™ likes this.
  2. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

Thanks for trying Unai I guess, hope he goes back to Spain and has some success. Well I'm not really that bothered but Adios.

Trilly and GDeep™ like this.
  3. dka91

dka91 Well-Known Member

That's some damning reading, I feel a bit sorry for Emery and I do agree that Özil sounds like a royal pain in the a*s to deal with.

I suppose all of it is part of the job though and Emery still did very poorly this season

CaseUteinberger likes this.
  4. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member

Good riddance Emery and thank you for absolutely nothing except maybe Guendouzi.

5. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Actually starting to feel bad for the guy now (although not that bad considering his payout..). He should have been let go in the summer and avoided all this humiliation. He and the club would have been much better off. Raul and Edu to blame for this season imo.

6. Steps

Steps Well-Known Member

So long and thanks for **** all.

7. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

Only sympathy you give him is that he’s probably known for 2/3 weeks that he’s getting sacked.

Artisan and Trilly like this.
  8. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One Trusted

Wrong language, amigo.

9. wigner

wigner Active Member

Arsenal are not going to get anyone better than Emery.

10. KrissKringle

[​IMG]

11. Trilly

Trilly The John Sauce Of Ilford Trusted

I think he’s shown that he’s just not a big club manager and that’s fine. Good managers seem to be rarer than good players these days, maybe it’s always been that way actually.

12. wigner

wigner Active Member

And Arsenal are still a "big" club? I think he's shown that he is unable to succeed at a underfunded, dysfunctionally run soon-to-be midtable club chasing past glories.

13. yousif_arsenal

yousif_arsenal King of Twitter Rumours Moderator

Very nice message from Unai. hopefully he can turn things around in future.

14. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

It has been an honour to be the Arsenal head coach.

To all the fans, I want to thank you all from the bottom of my heart for helping me to understand and feel the greatness of Arsenal. To all of you who have supported us from every corner of the globe, all of you who have come to the Emirates, all of you who have waited in the rain and cold just to greet me after a game. I want to tell all of you that I have worked with passion, with commitment and with effort.

I would have liked nothing more than to have achieved better results for you.

I also want to send a message of gratitude to all Arsenal employees for the way they have treated me. The greatness of Arsenal is in every director, executive, employee, assistant and volunteer.

In particular, I want to highlight Ivan Gazidis, who welcomed me to the club, and Raul Sanllehi, Edu and Vinai Venkatesham for their respect, companionship and help. Until the very last minute I have been treated with honour and honesty. And of course, I send my sincere gratitude to the Kroenke family, for their trust.

It has been a year and a half full of emotions, of great moments and some other more bitter ones, but not a single day has gone by without me stopping to think about how lucky I have been to work for this club with these players and their professional and personal qualities.

They have always honoured the shirt they wear. They deserve your support.

I had already experienced a lot in football, but I have enjoyed and learned a lot in England, in the Premier League, about respect for professionals and about the purity of football.

My best wishes always.

COYG

albakos, Trilly, mavelous and 11 others like this.
  15. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Established Member

A very nice and dignified message. It's the least we deserve.

mavelous likes this.
  16. KrissKringle

I'm disappointed that he didn't start his message with "Good ebening."
    Doesn't he have any manners?

17. ChefMan21

ChefMan21 Well-Known Member

Beat me to it.

He's not Mourinho.

GoonerJeeves likes this.
  18. DanDare

DanDare Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief

He's a nice guy and it's a nice letter and he tried his best but it's hard to forgive what he did to Ramsey...

19. KrissKringle

Or Mesut.

20. GDeep™

GDeep™ Dissociating

What great moments is he on on about btw? Give me one?

Wrighty4eva and Mrs Bergkamp like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.