• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Genuinely loving the improvement under Emery.
It’s evident from the polite but sly hints from the players and their performances so far that these guys clearly were not being coached.

Leaving the likes of Iwobi and Ramsey to run around and figure it out is just a recipe for disaster, works for some but not for all especially with starters getting younger and younger.

Although they shouldn’t get carried away over a draw, they should defo pat themselves on the back because the improvement is clear for all to see. I’m unsure if we will ever win the league under Emery but we’re definitely heading the right direction. This match would have 100% been a loss under modern Wenger as much as some may hate to admit it.

nick gould

I lift my hat up to unai again. Took Aubameyang off when most would have thought, lacazette. Boy did his faith in lacazette pay.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeah having that energy on the touchline from us is so different compared to the resigned slouch and folding of the arms we grew accustomed with from Le prof.

For the equaliser he pretty much yelled out each pass for them. He was even talking to himself at times :lol:

vijay

Hates Guendouzi for no reason
11 matches in. Too early to judge.

5th in table, 1 out of 9 points against top6.

Waiting till game 19, and hoping he improves on both counts. I dont like his constant fiddling with the midfield and i hope he stops. Xha-Tor-Özil should be the go-to option. Now build around that

L3T5 PL4Y

Flair Accuser
I think yesterday we saw a much clearer and closer picture of his vision taking form. And we learned a few things about him.

The first thing is that there really is an idea behind it. Line ups and formations are tailored to the opponent as well as based on other factors. There's more to all of it than just picking the best available players and not just on form and fitness. His match preparation is top level stuff.

The second thing is his methodology. In the earlier games I guess there was a confusion and lack of clarity regarding what we were building towards which was expected for obvious reasons. Now, you can see that while he has his set ideas of pressing from the front and playing out of the back the focus is on maximizing output efficiently with structure during transitions. Its not about possession, volume of opportunities, passes completed, overloading, playing a high line or a low block etc but results based while getting the most out of the players individual talents. That's something apparent in Simeone or previously Sralex's Utd and more importantly, what the club needs to given where we find ourselves.

The interesting aspect is his use of the positional play based on individual players. He trains them and plays them where they're supposed to be in all 4 phase of play on the pitch and within a structure but builds up the game in a way encouraging the individual player to express themselves in the best manner they know. You can see it more and more with the Xhaka-Torreira partnership, Özil/Mkhi's/Auba's roles when or where they play, Bellerin's role, Lacazette's role etc.

The other thing is he is getting more out of players physically and emotionally. You can tell with Xhaka that he is actually gradually improving as a player both physically and psychologically. And he loves it and Emery for it. While on the other hand, Özil clearly doesn't seem to fancy Emery too much but he is actually getting more out of him from a psychological and emotional point as well as more physical output.

And finally, of course the results and how they're coming about to go with the performances tells us we're not the same old Arsenal any more.

We have a great ****ing manager and I hope we give him all the support so we get back to competing at the top.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

I think he’s given us the defensive strategy we’ve always lacked. It’s a shame Kos got injured as I always thought he would be recognised as one of the best in the world outside of Wenger’s (lack of a) system. Hopefully he hasn’t lost too much.

Time to sign some better defenders now, as much as as I hope for a busy transfer window I wouldn’t mind if we used the budget on getting a defender who’s undeniably elite that goes straight into the starting eleven.

Last edited:

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
I was eager to play Man City and Chelsea as I thought both of them, but City in particular, would have World Cup hangovers. I was wrong in that Emery hadn't had anywhere near enough time to get his ideas and style thorough to the players. Despite this we could, and should, have drawn at Chelsea and would have had it not been for that poor patch in the first-half.

Chelsea game showed we could mix it with the favourites and lose. Liverpool game showed we can mix it with the favourites and draw. We now need to get victories against the "big boys" starting with Manu. They have been incredibly lucky in some of their last games, we need to have an authoritative win over them. And authoritative doesn't have to be 5-0, it can be 1-0 in a game where they are never given a sniff.

Defensively we have improved. Largely through the addition of Torreira, with honourable mentions for Guendouzi and Sokratis, and the awakening of Xhaka but, most importantly, through better collective defending as a unit and paying attention to the qualities and deficiencies of the teams we play against.

We have looked very good going forward at times but I think Emery can get more out of these players. We need to be a team that once again beats the smaller clubs 3-0 almost on auto-pilot and lifts itself for the big games.

At the moment we are 5th (squad cost?) but recent weeks have given cause for optimism that we could end up as high as 3rd or.... who knows?

Anything above 6th and Emery has done well.

Gunner140

Emery has made a great job at Arsenal. I think that the main difference is that we are a lot more prepared against opponents.

There is more tactical awareness from everyone and I believe that this is the main reason why (practically) everyone is playing better under Emery.

It's still very early, but I think that Emery is a perfect replacement for Wenger.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom