• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
Well this is the worst Utd team of the last 30 years. No good defenders, De Gea in decline, poor midfield etc.

Pogba aside there is no WC player there.

why is Pogba wc then?
plays poorly, helps Utd in no way, struggling big time ... bottling it week in week out.

whats the criteria for him that is not for Laca?

GDeep™

League is very weak
why is Pogba wc then?
plays poorly, helps Utd in no way, struggling big time ... bottling it week in week out.

whats the criteria for him that is not for Laca?
His attitude is questionable but you can’t say he’s struggling or bottling, his record under Ole Gunner is excellent.

I don’t know why you have to go down this sort of route all the time, Arsenal players have come up short when it matters, what’s that got to do with the worst Utd side and manager in the last 30 years?

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Conte had an excellent team when he came. The issue was always with Mourinho.
Hang on, the point wasn't about quality it was about a manager taking over an unsettled team. Chelsea finished 8th the season before Conte. That is pretty damn unsettled considering they won the season before that.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
One of the reasons we find our defence under pressure is, we give the ball away too often. Watching City yesterday, their players have such good control and very rarely give the ball to the opposition in dangerous areas. Mustafi might do it 3 or 4 times a game.
Not entirely true but close.. we give it away at crucial moments and in dangerous areas of the pitch. Against Wolves we had 71% possession and 89% pass completion... That 11% is not worrying by itself but watching the game is where you see we gift them balls in dangerous areas or gift them a ball when we're overlapping and have bodies forward

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
His attitude is questionable but you can’t say he’s struggling or bottling, his record under Ole Gunner is excellent.

I don’t know why you have to go down this sort of route all the time, Arsenal players have come up short when it matters, what’s that got to do with the worst Utd side and manager in the last 30 years?

I am going no routes but the one you are setting up.
it makes no logic calling Pogba world class and say Laca bottles it.

to me it makes no sense calling De Gea not world class either, it's just so shortsighted.

You really think worlds best Messi would play at same level he is at Barca, and if you placed him in our team, or Utd since we are talking about it?
no
would still be a world class, but you would see him make more mistakes cause team around him, tactics, moral and frustrations would make him drop form to some extent.

you are doing what you are calling others for doing, and I just dont like that logic and have to say it sometimes.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
We can also trust in our younger players to make something happen. Letting Nelson go out on loan was a mistake, he should have been a part of this team and the club trusting this highly skillful youngster to get better as the season progresses. He's much better than maybe every winger at the club. We've done a piss poor job over the past 5 seasons bringing younger players into the squad simply because we've lacked the vision and patience as a club to trust in what we've been doing.
Good point, but are they actually good enough.

And also, if Emery tried including more youngsters at the start and we ended up mid-table, would our fans have the patience to see their progress through, or would they be demanding his head.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

You really think worlds best Messi would play at same level he is at Barca, and if you placed him in our team, or Utd since we are talking about it?
This is true and why Özil is currently a different player. He looks completely out of the game. But if you follow him carefully, after he passes the ball he frequently runs into space for the return pass and doesn’t get it back, particularly from Kola and Iwobi. Hardly surprising he looks frustrated and gives up after a while. He’d be a different player for Barca.

PoleInGoal

Player:Tomiyasu
Conte hasn't even been gone that long:eek:
Completely incomparable situations, the team Conte inherited had won the PL only one season earlier and were just in the standard Mourinho 3rd season slump, not to mention they'd bought in the best midfielder in the league in Kante

PoleInGoal

Hang on, the point wasn't about quality it was about a manager taking over an unsettled team. Chelsea finished 8th the season before Conte. That is pretty damn unsettled considering they won the season before that.
Ok "unsettled team" was probably the wrong term, I meant more in terms of a team which is some distance off the top

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Well this is the worst Utd team of the last 30 years. No good defenders, De Gea in decline, poor midfield etc.

Pogba aside there is no WC player there.
Their squad cost is artificially high because they spent badly. Lukaku was a crazy price. That’s why they’re 6th instead of 2nd.

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Their squad cost is artificially high because they spent badly. Lukaku was a crazy price. That’s why they’re 6th instead of 2nd.
Is everybody witnessing this!
When this EXACT same argument was put forward to you in the squad cost thread you just swatted it aside without any consideration. Now that it suits your narrative you're going full steam ahead with it... Come on, Trax!

PoleInGoal

Well then if you're being realistic there is no comparison that is equal... You can;t just pick and choose the goal post positioning to suit your argument..
Sorry what? :lol: Maybe stop being pedantic and use some common sense

Our situation is very comparable with Liverpool a few years ago, out of the CL, questionable purchases in the transfer market etc. That Chelsea team was 80% the same as had won the league plus prime Kante, so yes it is incomparable

Mark Tobias

Mr. Agreeable
Sorry what? :lol: Maybe stop being pedantic and use some common sense

Our situation is very comparable with Liverpool a few years ago, out of the CL, questionable purchases in the transfer market etc. That Chelsea team was 80% the same as had won the league plus prime Kante, so yes it is incomparable
Liverpool have owners who are more willing to spend than ours and a brand that is much bigger than ours. ergo incomparable.
See how easily you can just change the narrative... The word used was 'unsettled' so that is what I responded to... Chelsea were very definitely unsettled before Conte.

PoleInGoal

Liverpool have owners who are more willing to spend than ours and a brand that is much bigger than ours. ergo incomparable.
See how easily you can just change the narrative... The word used was 'unsettled' so that is what I responded to... Chelsea were very definitely unsettled before Conte.
As I already said, "unsettled" was probably the wrong choice of words.

I don't understand why I have to explain this but of course there are no two situations which are exactly the same, so maybe we should never compare anything to anyone then? How do we even measure improvement? Should we not compare Giroud and Lacazette because one is 6'4 and the other didn't play with Sanchez? Then the entire forum becomes pointless :lol:

People compare Emery to Klopp and Pep because the general situation is similar: A new manager coming to a top 6 club which has underperformed in the previous years.

If you can't look past petty definitions then maybe you shouldn't be on a forum

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
This is true and why Özil is currently a different player. He looks completely out of the game. But if you follow him carefully, after he passes the ball he frequently runs into space for the return pass and doesn’t get it back, particularly from Kola and Iwobi. Hardly surprising he looks frustrated and gives up after a while. He’d be a different player for Barca.

Whether he played for Barca or Barnsley I can assure you he’d still make zero effort to retrieve the ball when he loses it mate. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom