• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
he has run out of ideas....and his best ideas were to sideline Özil and ramsey ....and his only go-to move is to go to Doozi. Cant like the mentality to just go after Europa and disregard everything else, but it may be pragmatic in these times.

arsenefc

Obsessed With Guendouzi
he has run out of ideas....and his best ideas were to sideline Özil and ramsey ....and his only go-to move is to go to Doozi. Cant like the mentality to just go after Europa and disregard everything else, but it may be pragmatic in these times.

Notorious Big

Drunka In Friend Zone
Lmao

58769502_2596123473768181_4783789055944949760_n.jpg

progman07

Established Member
This is true and why Özil is currently a different player. He looks completely out of the game. But if you follow him carefully, after he passes the ball he frequently runs into space for the return pass and doesn’t get it back, particularly from Kola and Iwobi. Hardly surprising he looks frustrated and gives up after a while. He’d be a different player for Barca.
So true and people often don't acknowledge the effect of off-the-ball movement of the players, or e.g. which position they take when others have the ball (or the opposition). For example a lot of our problems in a 5-defender formation come from the distance between defense and attack, when the opponents press our 2 midfielders, we do not find combinations that bring the ball forward to danger zones.

Take Ramsey out, and we have just one player who makes runs without the ball (Auba), and one and a half player who can run with the ball (Iwobi, even if he makes bad decisions after the dribblings and sometimes Torreira).

However Özil is also a culprit, a player of his calibre should carry the ball a lot more often (and when he does, we score goals like against Leicester)...

blaze_of_glory

This is true and why Özil is currently a different player. He looks completely out of the game. But if you follow him carefully, after he passes the ball he frequently runs into space for the return pass and doesn’t get it back, particularly from Kola and Iwobi. Hardly surprising he looks frustrated and gives up after a while. He’d be a different player for Barca.
Yeah and this is exactly how he got his goal vs Crystal Palace, Laca actually found him and gave him the ball back. There's been a lot of times this season where he's made that same sort of run and been in on goal but no one has picked him out.

He's not the only one either, our players too frequently either don't see runs into space by team mates or just make the wrong choice and do something else with the ball.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Is everybody witnessing this!
When this EXACT same argument was put forward to you in the squad cost thread you just swatted it aside without any consideration. Now that it suits your narrative you're going full steam ahead with it... Come on, Trax!
You keep repeating this, but it’s not true ffs. :lol:

Something has to account for why the teams don’t finish in the exact order for which they spend. Reasons include, excellent coaches or poor coaches who upset the players, spending badly, free players who turn out excellent like Kane and a whole host of other reasons.

But here’s the point, not all, but most teams are still pretty close to where they should be despite this. It’s only a rough pattern but it holds fairly well. Money is overwhelmingly the most important factor in where teams finish, and the reason these teams below don’t often drop out of the top 6, even though they do occasionally.
City 1st, spending 1st
Liverpool 2nd, spending 3rd
Sp**s 3rd, spending 6th
Chelsea 4th, spending 4th
Arsenal 5th, spending 5th
United 6th, spending 2nd

Last edited:

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

This is very true and not spoken about enough imo, from the half I watched yesterday I saw Lacazette make some very decent runs but we didn't have a player capable of picking him out, you can literally see them see the run and hesitate because they'd rather not give the ball away.

Both Mhki and Iwobi do this often and our full backs to, we don't have the technical quality that we require in key wide areas.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Yeah and this is exactly how he got his goal vs Crystal Palace, Laca actually found him and gave him the ball back. There's been a lot of times this season where he's made that same sort of run and been in on goal but no one has picked him out.

He's not the only one either, our players too frequently either don't see runs into space by team mates or just make the wrong choice and do something else with the ball.
Laca is another one constantly making runs and our players often don’t see the through pass or ball over top for him and looks frustrated.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

This is very true and not spoken about enough imo, from the half I watched yesterday I saw Lacazette make some very decent runs but we didn't have a player capable of picking him out, you can literally see them see the run and hesitate because they'd rather not give the ball away.

Both Mhki and Iwobi do this often and our full backs to, we don't have the technical quality that we require in key wide areas.
Ha, just said that about Laca in another post at the same time. You’re right, technical quality is vital. Some of our player would be very different playing in another team.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
We need a better coach

No one here is saying they would rather lose with beautiful football than win playing ugly. Not sure why you seem to take it that way.

But Emerys football is indeed boring and unexciting, so when he doesn't win, it is much more depressing.

They Kinda are when all they care about is how we look

To implement a strong foundation and defense does take time

But then when the foundation is there it is set for a long while

Offense or just the inner structure of 2x4s goes up in a jiffy, but cant stand for a long while without a solid foundation
Easy to demolish aswell

Godwin1

Very well-known
You keep repeating this, but it’s not true ffs. :lol:

Something has to account for why the teams don’t finish in the exact order for which they spend. Reasons include, excellent coaches or poor coaches who upset the players, spending badly, free players who turn out excellent like Kane and a whole host of other reasons.

But here’s the point, not all, but most teams are still pretty close to where they should be despite this. It’s only a rough pattern but it holds fairly well. Money is overwhelmingly the most important factor in where teams finish, and the reason these teams below don’t often drop out of the top 6, even though they do occasionally.
City 1st, spending 1st
Liverpool 2nd, spending 3rd
Sp**s 3rd, spending 6th
Chelsea 4th, spending 4th
Arsenal 5th, spending 5th
United 6th, spending 2nd
Player ability is the most important factor in where teams finish. Money is an important but ultimately supplementary factor compared to this. Is your list done by net spend? And how many seasons back are we going?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Player ability is the most important factor in where teams finish. Money is an important but ultimately supplementary factor compared to this. Is your list done by net spend? And how many seasons back are we going?
It’s done by the cost of the players as a whole which is very roughly the same as player ability. Better players tend to cost more.

Jae

Lazy argument. Ask yourself why our defence are constantly left in 1v1 situations. No other teams seem to have this problem. Our defenders are not the problem as i'm sure if you put the likes of Koscielny, Mustafi and Sokratis in a Juventus or Bayern or Barcelona team they would not have this problem. Our midfield pressing and ball winning along with the team as a whole defenisively need to step up. Way too many players are coasting when we do not have the ball. No use pressing only against the likes of Tottehnham and Man U if you can't do it against Palace and Wolves.

It's not a lazy arguement mate, it's common sense. Liverpool conceded 38 goals last season. This year they've conceded 20. They haven't changed their style of play, they've always leaked goals and that has always been their biggest problem under Klopp. They have the world's best CB playing for them this season.

Do you honestly they'd think have conceded 20 goals with Mustafi playing for them instead of VVD?

I've seen Liverpool get hit on the counter multiple times this season, the difference with them is VVD never loses a 1v1 and his decision making is superb. He doesn't panic and he doesn't make any stupid errors leading to goals.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
The reason people compare to Klopp and Guardiola is that it took them a season or two to start achieving anything. There are parallels between Liverpool when Klopp took over and us now. Name one manager who has come to an unsettled team and immediately brought results, I can't think of any. Of course there have been other failures but the point is that instant success is unrealistic and even with the right manager it will take 2-3 years to see the results

I will ask again, what does that have to do with Emery?

It took Mourinho a season or two at United to achieve....... oh wait.

I can name you plenty of managers who went to an unsettled team and ultimately failed.

2-3 years? Okay, let me back up a bit. My problem, isn't with the results, well my main problem I should say. The performances are.

I look at us at times and it's like Wenger is still on the bench. Forget about his stamp on the team and all the rest of it. Most of these guys aren't even his players, the club has very few Wenger disciples left.

In fact, sometimes I think this lot is still being coached by Boro Primorac the way I see us leaving acres of space in midfield, attackers standing in no man's land, defenders all out to sea

It has almost been an entire season and our style of play is generally ugly and I'm not seeing much improvement in terms of our positional play and defensive set up.

How many months does it take to tell a midfielder to stop standing so far apart from your mate?

Are we going to spend the next few years blaming Wenger's ghost for every failure on the pitch? When will the manager be held accountable?

teamsoutheast

It's not a lazy arguement mate, it's common sense. Liverpool conceded 38 goals last season. This year they've conceded 20. They haven't changed their style of play, they've always leaked goals and that has always been their biggest problem under Klopp. They have the world's best CB playing for them this season.

Do you honestly they'd think have conceded 20 goals with Mustafi playing for them instead of VVD?

I've seen Liverpool get hit on the counter multiple times this season, the difference with them is VVD never loses a 1v1 and his decision making is superb. He doesn't panic and he doesn't make any stupid errors leading to goals.

Stats wise, our defenders are not playing bad at all. WhoScored rates Mustafi as having an average rating of 7.03. That is the best of all our CB's. We lost a bit of balance when Holding got injured and Mustafi is just out of form and low on confidence at the moment. It's our defensive organisation that has been terrible season after season. And as for VVD, he looks so much better in a better team than Southampton where he has a hard working midfield and wide forwards ahead of him.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Can’t argue with this really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom