• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

alboots101

Established Member
Looks like he’s bottled the top 4 this season, next season everyone will strengthen and it’ll be harder to get top 4.

Can see Emery being ousted at the end of the 2020 season with Vieira coming in.

PV4 has done sweet fa, unless your tongue is firmly stuck in your cheek GD.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Looks like he’s bottled the top 4 this season, next season everyone will strengthen and it’ll be harder to get top 4.
Nah, United and Chelsea are about to lose their best players this summer and both already needed a big revamp of their squad. Even Sp**s could lose Eriksen and Alderweireld, so not getting top 4 next season is unthinkable. It's not even done this season.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Nah, United and Chelsea are about to lose their best players this summer and both already needed a big revamp of their squad. Even Sp**s could lose Eriksen and Alderweireld, so not getting top 4 next season is unthinkable. It's not even done this season.
We’ve said similar things over the years, x is happening to Sp**s, y is to Chelsea, z is happening to Liverpool etc.

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
We’ve said similar things over the years, x is happening to Sp**s, y is to Chelsea, z is happening to Liverpool etc.
Well for once we'll be the team that's not in transition, so there shouldn't be any excuses. United already need 5-6 players, even before Pogba/Mata/Herrera/possibly De Gea leave. Chelsea need a bunch of players and Hazard is leaving, plus they might have a transfer ban. Last time you could say that many teams were in turmoil was 15/16.

MustOezil

I honestly don't get why Emery should be given another year if he fails to secure top 4 this time. The team is good enough, and we have added a GK, CB DM, CM last summer. Not to mention a 50 million striker in the winter before that. And the useless ****ing loan of his Ramsey lookalike ****boy.

I am convinced Wenger would have secured champions league this year with these additions and having Aubameyang for a full season. Aand he would have done it playing great football and managed without the needless drama around Özil and Ramsey.

I don't see anything special in Emery. He will never have the charisma nor the tactical mastery nor the mentality to win the premier league.

5 defenders, 2 DMs against brighton only to get a draw says it all.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
I think the only team who'll drop off big-time is Chelsea. Hazard is a HUGE miss, and irreplaceable. They'll recruit well, but there simply isn't a big enough patch available, in terms of signings or re-strategization.

At Sp**s, Eriksen is a great player, but I'm not convinced he's gone and they've dealt well with departures in the past. Alderweireld will be tough though.

As for United, I don't think DDG leaves, given RM just signed Courtois and he's massively out of form; think Pogba is more likely to go than not, but haven't watched enough games to know how I feel about that. Definitely not the blow Hazard's departure represents. Think their likely clear-out results in much better team mentality, even if there's a mild talent drain; they definitely have to cash to throw around to mitigate the latter.

MustOezil

I think the only team who'll drop off big-time is Chelsea. Hazard is a HUGE miss, and irreplaceable. They'll recruit well, but there simply isn't a big enough patch available, in terms of signings or re-strategization.

At Sp**s, Eriksen is a great player, but I'm not convinced he's gone and they've dealt well with departures in the past. Alderweireld will be tough though.

As for United, I don't think DDG leaves, given RM just signed Courtois and he's massively out of form; think Pogba is more likely to go than not, but haven't watched enough games to know how I feel about that. Definitely not the blow Hazard's departure represents. Think their likely clear-out results in much better team mentality, even if there's a mild talent drain; they definitely have to cash to throw around to mitigate the latter.

I think Chelsea will fade into mediocrity. Their time is over. The whole UK and Russia issues over poisoning have pulled Abramovich back from being an active part of the club. He did not renew the private box, he does no longer take part in club dealings. If he is to pull away from the UK completely, I can see Chelsea falling back to where they belong - mid table.

Well for once we'll be the team that's not in transition, so there shouldn't be any excuses. United already need 5-6 players, even before Pogba/Mata/Herrera/possibly De Gea leave. Chelsea need a bunch of players and Hazard is leaving, plus they might have a transfer ban. Last time you could say that many teams were in turmoil was 15/16.

I think we are only in the beginning of a transition that will be put back to square one if we fail to get CL.

GeorgiaGunner

#FreeClaude
I think Chelsea will fade into mediocrity. Their time is over. The whole UK and Russia issues over poisoning have pulled Abramovich back from being an active part of the club. He did not renew the private box, he does no longer take part in club dealings. If he is to pull away from the UK completely, I can see Chelsea falling back to where they belong - mid table.
Yeah the RA uncertainty is big. They've done okay with relatively neutral transfer flows over the past decade or so, so perhaps he's left them decently positioned even if he does sell (or draws further back). But turning off the spigots will be an adjustment regardless.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
There'd have been no smoking gun in my hand. I wanted him back then. He was highly attainable and decent ones were thin on the ground. It was a no-brainer. Can't believe Wenger wasn't interested.
If it had been such a no-brainer it wouldn't have been Southampton who got him. You might have seen his potential but none of the managers in the top teams did, not just Wenger.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Abramovich and the Chelsea brand he built are ripe for the picking by another billionaire owner.

Hopefully they get a Stan, but I reckon they'll get another Roman.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Rosicky was one of our few players who actually added pace to our game when he played consistently. We moved from defense to attack quickly as soon as he collected the ball in the middle of the pitch.

He never played consistently he was injured all the time, it's easy to add pace in the game when all your body can manage is 10-15 minutes at the end of the match. Most overrated Arsenal player in history, people rate him out of sympathy.

Not to mention I reckon my 12 year old cousin could barge him off the ball, he was the quintessential Arsène player from the late 2000s; pretty on the ball but no physicality and injured practically his whole career.

Last edited:

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
On one hand Emery doesn't have much to say, but on the other he had a major say in whether or not Ramsey would get a new deal? Doesn't make much sense.

Frankly, I think the club didn't want commit to another big earner, with his injury record and inconsistencies, after already signing on Özil and adding big earners like Mkhi and Auba.

In hindsight and considering Ramsey's form, this looks like a mistake, though.

You say that like Ramsey has no say on his contract. It's obvious he was stalling on the contract to see his other options and I doubt he was willing to sign a new contract once Juventus came sniffing around.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
There'd have been no smoking gun in my hand. I wanted him back then. He was highly attainable and decent ones were thin on the ground. It was a no-brainer. Can't believe Wenger wasn't interested.
Yeah, and I can’t believe Wenger didn’t sign Pogba when he was a baby. The first video is of him kicking a ball at 18 months showed he’d be special. He would have cost us next to nothing to sign him up then. Wenger missed so many opportunities.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
Depending on whether Emery is struggling or doing well, we get to see the different agendas at play on this forum.

I have said in the past that I am not completely happy with Emery's output on the field, but there is one very important factor at play here. That is Emery's ability to be pragmatic and make us a side able to put together a solid performance.

Consider the following results;

Arsenal 1-1 Liverpool
Arsenal 2-0 Chelsea
Arsenal 2-0 Man United
Arsenal 4-2 Sp**s
Arsenal 2-0 Napoli

Man United 2-2 Arsenal
Sp**s 1-1 Arsenal
Watford 0-1 Arsenal
Napoli 0-1 Arsenal

I believe that these are results which would have been very difficult under Wenger, because our great manager only focused on one way of playing, a majority of the time. This made us predictable and susceptible to being planned for and nullified in great detail.

I would argue that Emery has already proven himself enough to be given a chance to continue rebuilding our squad. We need to bring in good quality players and build on the defensive leaning pragmatic focus, moving to a more balanced defensive-offensive tactical structure which we can launch a title bid on.

I want to remind the members here that Leo Jardim had a very similar start to his time at Monaco, with fans complaining at Monaco's extremely defensive minded approach to their game. We all know what happened once he started getting in and promoting players of quality.

Applying the Jardim story, we see that Emery has shown what he can do with a team that has quality. When looking past his so called "highlights" in last 16 exits, Monaco loss first season and dressing room drama, you see a team that performed extremely well, in comparison to the described genius that is Tuchel.

For us it starts with us getting into the top four and being backed in the transfer market. Get in some proper reinforcement down our spine and proper wide men and we will be one of the best teams yet again.

Emery is not the world's best coach, but one of the better ones who quietly has gone about his business is how I would describe him.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He never played consistently he was injured all the time, it's easy to add pace in the game when all your body can manage is 10-15 minutes at the end of the match. Most overrated Arsenal player in history, people rate him out of sympathy.

Not to mention I reckon my 12 year old cousin could barge him off the ball, he was the quintessential Arsène player from the late 2000s; pretty on the ball but no physicality and injured practically his whole career.

100% spot on.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
United have too much money to let things slip after a poor season.

Chelsea are indeed ****ed long term without Abramovic though.

It about time Sp**s lost their players, long overdue. They’ve had four seasons of over performing spending 6th. Time to regress. Except they might do a Liverpool and sell these players at well over inflated prices and buy shrewdly.

It’s all possible. That’s why football’s not boring, it’s a combination of Championship Manager, FIFA and Capitalism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom