Unai Emery: El Confuso

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Mo Britain, Oct 17, 2018.

Tags:
?

Should the club make a change at manager?

1. Yes

94.3%
  2. No

5.7%
  1. squallman

squallman Still Pining for Wenger

The Kroenke years mainly, when it comes to upper management and managers being sacked.

However I do think in general that this club from a fan level has a history of falling in love with players and coaches rather than demanding the sun, moon and stars like Real Madrid or United fans.

Perhaps my judgment is clouded by the Wenger era and I really can't speak to how things were before the boss's time but I've generally found Arsenal fans to be a pretty patient, loyal bunch. Once we like a player, he can do almost no wrong.

Look at a Jenkinson or how guys who are well past it like Monreal and Koscielny are treated.

Even the likes of Almunia weren't treated too harshly whereas I'm sure he would have had a pig's head or two thrown at him in the Camp Nou or San Siro.

2. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

Ospina has really let himself go at Naples, smh

3. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

Fully on board in the #Freddie2021 hype train.

He loses to Mikel on the hairline front, but I think with his knowledge of our u-23s and some exciting young additions this window, we could be on to something.

Wrighty4eva likes this.
  4. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

City & Liverpool aside, Arsenal scored the highest number of goals last season.

Also, aren’t you sick to the back teeth of us overcommitting players and getting hit on the break over and over and over again -up to the point that Sir Alex Ferguson wrote about it in his autobiography.

Mark Tobias likes this.
  5. Jae

Jae Well-Known Member

6. kraphtous

kraphtous Unai Enemy

7. THunter

THunter NOT In A Caravan Trusted

Oh dear. #Freddie2020

8. Kingslayer

Kingslayer Forza Milan

Auba to China confirmed. Fraser incoming.

RacingPhoton and Fewtch like this.
  9. Fewtch

Fewtch Ozil at 10 And Emery Out

[​IMG]

10. Artisan

Artisan Not Emery's Old Pal

Best player now liking content dissing the manager. You just love to see it. This club is in ****ing shambles.

11. celestis

celestis Arsenal-Mania Veteran Moderator

Just had a good look at this photo , that belt ....looks like it was stolen from a Power Rangers wardrobe

El Duderino likes this.
  12. krackpot

krackpot Well-Known Member

:lol:

stealing from a power rangers wardrobe...must be some sort of badassery test.

13. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Easily Triggered

Gotta say because Cech thread is closed that starting him in EL final is a huge minus for Emery in my books.

Was ready to allow him to start next season with a clean slate. But he will start in now with -5.

Mrs Bergkamp and RacingPhoton like this.
  14. scytheavatar

scytheavatar Well-Known Member

But why? It's not like Cech was the biggest problem that night, or that Leno is that big of an upgrade from even current past it Cech........

15. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

I don't understand. What what what am I supposed to notice?

16. American_Gooner

American_Gooner Not actually American. Unless Di Marzio says so. Moderator

Aubameyang liked the picture/video...

17. Tourbillion

Tourbillion Angry 24/7

How did I miss that!!

Jesus, club is a mess!

18. GDeep™

GDeep™ Wrong, but rarely

Club should speak to guys like Auba/Laca and their AFTV love affair.

Artisan and American_Gooner like this.
  19. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Easily Triggered

I'm sure Emery found out everything with his interview with the players.

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  20. RacingPhoton

RacingPhoton Well-Known Member

Making a deal for a future job with a team who he was going to face in a final match in a few days? Any other manager would have asked him to **** off. When Wenger played Ox against Liverpool in a similar situation, I was totally furious. Expected Emery to be different. If Cech was benched that night, it would have sent a fitting message to the rest of the team. And there are 2 goals in the four where Cech could have done lot better.

razörist, Jury, Gooner416 and 5 others like this.