• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Wenger and Gazidis aren’t innocent in our decline, they were running the club way more than the Kronke’s were and look were that got us.

The Kronke’s are just an easy target, Arsenal have been cheap way longer than when Stan arrived. Ever since we built the Emirates we’ve been broke, Viera use to threaten to leave everh season because we never had money to compete.

Then when Roman came and started spending money like no one has seen before it was pretty much over for us. The Ashley Cole transfer was the writing on the wall, Kronke wasn’t around then.

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I'm giving Emery 1 more year, we don't make the CL again/top 4 then he's gone, it was always going to be harsh on him if we only gave him the year with the roster we currently have though. I hope he gets a few players at least though, we can't afford not to sign anyone despite the budget we have.

YeahBee

Terrible hot takes
I'm giving Emery 1 more year, we don't make the CL again/top 4 then he's gone, it was always going to be harsh on him if we only gave him the year with the roster we currently have though. I hope he gets a few players at least though, we can't afford not to sign anyone despite the budget we have.

Why?

What promising signs have you seen?

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Now that things have gone tits up and we’re much worse than any time under Wenger, you’ve got your Arsenal back.

*In a European final
*Golden boot winner in our side
*One point off top 4
*Highest number of goals scored bar City/Pool

Look, not pretending it’s Barca vintage 2009 and I’m not saying Emery is a god. It may indeed take several managers before we find “the one”

But this hardly qualifies as tits up territory.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
*In a European final
*Golden boot winner in our side
*One point off top 4
*Highest number of goals scored bar City/Pool

Look, not pretending it’s Barca vintage 2009 and I’m not saying Emery is a god. It may indeed take several managers before we find “the one”

But this hardly qualifies as tits up territory.

Plus more competetive in general in big games

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
Of course the big games were better. Would've won at Sp**s and Chelsea if Auba took his chances, and Kolasinac cost the team a win at OT. The Chelsea game really stands out, so many chances created at a ground where in previous years the team struggled to even register a shot on target.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Of course the big games were better. Would've won at Sp**s and Chelsea if Auba took his chances, and Kolasinac cost the team a win at OT. The Chelsea game really stands out, so many chances created at a ground where in previous years the team struggled to even register a shot on target.

You can play this game for most of Wenger's latter years too.

Might have beaten Chelsea if Gabriel wasn't sent off.
We could have beat United if Arshavin's goal wasn't disallowed.
I'm more sure Kane dived for a penalty two seasons ago or Wenger's last season.
RVP's sending off at the Nou Camp
Mertesacker's red card against Chelsea costing us a possible win or draw
Coquelin's red card vs Sp**s

I'm not even mentioning that United game where De Gea turned into a potara fusion of Kahn and Buffon in their primes

We've been shooting ourselves in the foot in big games for years. Tag me when we actually turn these types of performances into wins.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We should have been 5-3 up at HT. Mental game that was.

Reactions: A_G

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
You can play this game for most of Wenger's latter years too.

Might have beaten Chelsea if Gabriel wasn't sent off.
We could have beat United if Arshavin's goal wasn't disallowed.
I'm more sure Kane dived for a penalty two seasons ago or Wenger's last season.
RVP's sending off at the Nou Camp
Mertesacker's red card against Chelsea costing us a possible win or draw
Coquelin's red card vs Sp**s

I'm not even mentioning that United game where De Gea turned into a potara fusion of Kahn and Buffon in their primes

We've been shooting ourselves in the foot in big games for years. Tag me when we actually turn these types of performances into wins.
I defended Wenger when the team played well in big games and the team let him down, United at home last season being a good recent example. And I've mentioned the Coquelin v Sp**s example loads of times, the game plan was perfect and Sp**s had no answer for us until he dived in stupidly. Also talked about Wenger learning from his mistakes in big games here, so no hypocrisy from me.

People need to get out of this line of thinking that any praise of Emery is a dig at Wenger. It's so childish.

GDeep™

League is very weak
The last Wenger year we drew with Chelsea twice, drew with Liverpool, beat Sp**s etc.

Scored in games against City.

Where is the big improvements in the big games?

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
I defended Wenger when the team played well in big games and the team let him down, United at home last season being a good recent example. And I've mentioned the Coquelin v Sp**s example loads of times, the game plan was perfect and Sp**s had no answer for us until he dived in stupidly. Also talked about Wenger learning from his mistakes in big games here, so no hypocrisy from me.

People need to get out of this line of thinking that any praise of Emery is a dig at Wenger. It's so childish.

I never said praise of Emery was a dig at Wenger. I just find it baffling that he's being praised for things (playing well in big games and losing), that Wenger was lambasted for by some sections of the fanbase.

Even our defensive record, which has gotten worse despite bringing in better players than we had before is swept under the carpet in some quarters.

Although that can be chalked down to expectations being higher for Wenger and this being Emery's first season but I still find it annoying for some reason.

We should hold all our managers to the same standard.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom