Unai Emery: El Confuso

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Mo Britain, Oct 17, 2018.

Tags:
?

Should the club make a change at manager?

1. Yes

94.2%
  2. No

5.8%
  1. hydrofluoric acid

hydrofluoric acid Easily Triggered

That is only valid if you assume people never change their minds.

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  2. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Can’t chill untill this abomination is removed from my club. I wake up happy and then I remember and my whole mood grows sour. Enough is enough. We are not Real Valladolid.

3. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

Not sure I agree, plenty already had concerns over the ****e football he has us playing, sure it we won both game you might not have the reactions you have right now but there would still be huge concerns over the football and those two performances, we looked shocking in both tbh and yesterday was something else

4. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

I don't think it's a good idea to sack a coach mid-season (not that we would anyway) but I'm just sick of watching this dull, incoherent, sloppy, defensive football against the smaller sides. At this point it really feels like literally anyone else can set up this team to play actual attacking football with the amount of talent we have in forward areas

Last edited: Sep 16, 2019
  5. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

When did we play defensive? I know what you mean. A more conservative 'tactical approach' but in honesty we've yet to master the basics of defending against ANY side.

Sapient Hawk likes this.
  6. Furious

Furious Xhaka Propagandist

Last season he managed to turn us into the English Sevilla.

Now he's on course to turn us into the English Almeria.

How does one get outshot and outplayed by the likes of Watford and Burnely ffs? Baffling.

7. field442

field442 Hates Journalists Named James

We’re only four weeks into the season to be fair. Now is probably as good a time as any.

8. Preacher

Preacher Anti-Ornstein

9. Sapient Hawk

Sapient Hawk #NeverArteta

Same. I want to go back to the gritty 1 nil to the Arsenal days of George Graham & who better to evoke similar comparisons than Simeone & Mourinho.

We've reached the stage where substance is paramount & style is optional.

Garrincha likes this.
  10. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Yeah but you have to shortlist some names and then convice them, negotiate terms, etc. It's a month long process at the very least

11. Pepes blue pill

Pepes blue pill Well-Known Member

Mentioned this article, the athletic is easily worth the money

12. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

13. field442

True, but at this point i’d take someone like Arteta and you can probably get him out if City fairly quickly (unless they promise him the City job).

14. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Defensive in approach, definitely not execution

Pepes blue pill and Mark Tobias like this.
  15. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

Isn't Edu in charge of the "style" part?

16. Mark Tobias

Mark Tobias Mr. Agreeable

Got you. Sorry, I was being flippant. Still very angry about last night.

17. Oxeki

Oxeki Active Member

I'll
    And surprise surprise, their improvement started against us.

this is a Watford team that was outplayed and thumped at home by Brighton and West Ham. Yesterday they looked like prime Pep's Barça against us. Infact we held our own against Pep's Barça with a worse team than this and people are still excusing the manager.

I'm fairly confident that if he's still here next season in exactly the same situation like this, some people will still making excuses for him.

Worrying thing is, when you criticize him, you're called an Emery out brigade or a wenger fan boy.

We're now a banter club.

Maybe and Pepes blue pill like this.
  18. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

He said the same thing in the arsenalvision podcast before the game. Last season's performance against 10 men Watford was absolutely scandalous. It was quickly forgotten because it was an away win

albakos and Pepes blue pill like this.
  19. field442

Yeah they’ll be looking for a coach to come in and implement his idea of how we should play, which probably means it will be a young up and coming coach and not an older established manager like Allegri or Mourinho.

20. Sanchez11's ghost

Sanchez11's ghost Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

Hes done here hes killed the players confidence. Upto Raul to get things moving.