Unai Emery: El Confuso

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Mo Britain, Oct 17, 2018.

Tags:
?

Should the club make a change at manager?

1. Yes

94.1%
  2. No

5.9%
  1. Makingtrax

Makingtrax Policing Emery's English Skills

:lol: 17th in the league. But where will they finish up after 38 games. . somewhere not a million miles from 17th . . . which is roughly where they are now. QED.

2. Makingtrax

Seems strange being your wingman! :lol:

blaze_of_glory and Jury like this.
  3. El Duderino

El Duderino 99 Problems But A Mitch Ain't One

Emery has us playing like a team that needs to save the managers job, if I'm being honest.

4. Jury

Jury Mission Accomplished

It's the lack of control of games that's annoying me tbh. As soon as a team decides to up the pace we look very easy to get at. The middle of the park looks vacant for some reason. It's not good. We've still got a lot of the fragilities we had under Wenger, and it's difficult to understand.

5. Penn_

Penn_ Established Member

Honestly, these are some of your worst posts. You can’t excuse Emery for Watford then also imply his hands are tied with squad costs.

6. Jury

I'm not fooled, you shape-shifting swine :lol:

Makingtrax likes this.
  7. Makingtrax

Not you too ffs. I’m just saying he’s likely to finish 5th. Don’t shoot the messenger. :lol:

8. Makingtrax

:lol: There’s only me, you and @say yes defending Emery left, out of the whole forum. It’s already the battle of Thermopylae.

9. Jury

I'll defend him against unjust criticism, like I did Wenger. He's made mistakes. I was never on any one side. I'll always call ****ups as and when I see them.

10. Makingtrax

You never saw anything but ****ups with Wenger even when he won 6-0. :lol:

11. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

All those and more. With Wenger we usually had control of games, but would get done too often on the break, etc. Something he never adequately addressed

But now we dont' even control the play. We play most games like we are the team most likely to lose from the start.

albakos likes this.
  12. al-Ustaadh

al-Ustaadh Professor of Twitter

I don't know about that.

Under Emery I'm much more confident going into games against Tottenham, for example.

Makingtrax likes this.
  13. Rex Banner

Rex Banner YNWA Trusted

I just read that 2007/08 Derby County who are the worst PL team of all time faced 82 shots in their first five games. We’ve faced 96.

The underlying stats are even bleaker, in terms of xG for and against in our first five games:
    1. Newcastle 0.8 vs 0.4
    2. Burnley 1.3 vs 1.3
    3. Liverpool 0.8 vs 2.3
    4. Sp**s 2.3 vs 2.3
    5. Watford 0.9 vs 2.9
    That’s pathetic.

14. Jury

We didn't see much else towards the end. It was tough for everyone.

15. Malky

Malky Well-Known Member

The guy has had 3 transfer windows to sort this team out and yet he's somehow made us ****ing worse.
    Some achievement that with the money that's been spent! :facepalm:

16. kraphtous

kraphtous Unai Enemy

@Jury and @Makingtrax teaming up for a common agenda. What a time to be alive! Maybe Emery has had a little impact since arriving after all!

17. blaze_of_glory

blaze_of_glory Moderator Moderator

Why? We have a good record vs Tottenham regardless of manager.

18. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

I'm honestly not sure if we should be using Wenger as a stick to beat Emery with. I mean it's not as if we haven't blown leads before, I mean vs Watford in his final season we were 1-0 up and fairly comfortable but somehow ended up losing.

Like even with how annoyed I am, I'm not exactly at a stage were I'm longing for Wenger.

19. Hleb's Sirush

Hleb's Sirush Well-Known Member

I'm still in the Emery camp too. That performance has made me doubt him seriously for the first time though. However he still has time to turn things around.

Makingtrax likes this.
  20. Makingtrax

Well done bro, that’s 4 of us who think the guy can turn this around. Bellerin and Tierney back, Holding and Chambers CBs, Xhaka with electro therapy on his brain. Who knows.

Hleb's Sirush likes this.