Unai Emery: El Confuso

Discussion in 'Arsenal Talk' started by Mo Britain, Oct 17, 2018.

Tags:
?

Should the club make a change at manager?

1. Yes

94.1%
  2. No

5.9%
  1. JoaoFelix

JoaoFelix Well-Known Member

I'm fully Emery out. We need to sign one of dese three Marcelinho/Nagelesman/Favre

yorch44 likes this.
  2. lamby22

lamby22 Well-Known Member

This forum is more broken than our defence. Do we need to have a whip-round so I can stop seeing that f-ing 'server error' message?

3. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

Gimme a login, I’ll fix it for a bottle of Patrón Añejo - THIS IS A SERIOUS OFFER

Sanchez11's ghost and lamby22 like this.
  4. Rex Banner

Rex Banner YNWA Trusted

I used to be on the Marcelino hype train but I think he’s not much better if any than Emery.

Shame Rafa’s gone to China, if it were up to me I’d give him the job tomorrow.

5. yorch44

yorch44 Well-Known Member

6. Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility

Ozil'sCloakOfInvisibility Not a Closet Spurs Fan

Nail on the head.

7. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Bro have you seen our fullbacks cutback game. Elite.

NieThePiet, Artisan, celestis and 2 others like this.
  8. yorch44

With those stats it is impossible for none defense to make mistakes or maintain no goals... this is not because of individual misses... this mistakes have been done because of this constant pressure in the defense.

It’s the whole system failing. You can’t have 100 shots in 5 matches and expect no problems in goal.

9. lamby22

lamby22 Well-Known Member

It's a miracle we haven't lost more games. And yet on the other hand most of our goals conceded come down to individual errors and instances where we have been under no pressure at all.

yorch44 likes this.
  10. razörist

razörist Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

Favorite sentence I would not have learned without this forum:

“You have out-nonced yourself.”

11. Sanchez11's ghost

Sanchez11's ghost Superior Journalist To Charles Watts

If things dont improve he will be gone by xmas. Josh has just spent a boat load and wants results.

Tosker likes this.
  12. Tosker

Tosker Well-Known Member

three managers untried in the PL - that would be a gamble too far for me

13. Garrincha

Garrincha Wilf Zaha Aficionado

Its insane & Luiz / Sokratis are coming out apologizing for individual mistakes :lol: .... Sure they are daft but along with Leno are doing ok vast majority of the time.

Emery needs to fix the midfield next three games. Otherwise United away could be his last.

Token Yank likes this.
  14. yorch44

I think it is because of lack of confidence and the players being uncomfortable with the way of playing. A defence completely disjointed from midfield. Literally our team is always against the sidelines so players are always under pressure of losing the ball. It’s not coincidence, with this way of playing we are prone to miss the ball like Papa and Douzy did yesterday

lamby22 likes this.
  15. yorch44

But the problem is the system he plays ... for him the midfield is doing OK because they are doing what he asks for... playing to the FB... that’s the only constant of his play.... U plays. The leave 2 or 3 players upfront and wait for them to score magically.

Defensively he gives no management... even with Wenger we didn’t have 100 shots against us in 5 matches

Mrs Bergkamp likes this.
  16. Tony's nose

Tony's nose Well-Known Member

Sack him he's crap simple as that

yorch44 likes this.
  17. Mrs Bergkamp

Mrs Bergkamp Well-Known Member

I wish I could like this post more than once. I was convinced Nelson would start. Go in hard, run at the opposition and even if he doesn't score or assist, he's worked the opponent. Both young subs played with a desperation they didn't show earlier in the season.

18. freeglennhelder2

freeglennhelder2 Well-Known Member

We all know with 100% certainty Emery will get the bullet if he continues to underperform, be it this season or next. Maybe the termination won't quite happen at Chel$ea speed, but he will be certainly given only a tiny fraction of the time Wenger had.

Fair enough TBH, the footballing landscape has changed. I don't get all the angst here.

19. Tir Na Nog

Tir Na Nog In Big Trouble If He Speaks

The thing that annoys me is that there's a few games you think of the Liverpool home game last season, the NLD 4-2 win, the ties vs Napoli and Valencia where we play with aggression and intent but then there's so many games were we just play so passively at times. I wonder how much communication is playing apart because I do not believe for one second it was Emery's instruction to just sit there and try to survive against Watford. I think the players just were confused and didn't really know what they were supposed to be doing, especially after the goal from Sokratis' mistake.

20. carlito'sway

carlito'sway Established Member

t see
    Take my word for it, in Paris he did not leave any memorable memories. He lost the team pretty early and it was a free fall after that.

Mrs Bergkamp and yorch44 like this.