• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Unai Emery: Adios

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

:lol: no it didn't, why do you keep saying this? We're clearly loaded.

And we did offer him an extension, remember? It was last summer, a good while after those two moves you're on about.

But thankfully we withdrew. Bloke's an injury prone player, who contributed to 5-6 games a season.

Has he even played for Juve yet? He's made out of glass.

Ornstein said it did so there.

From the little I’ve seen Sarri won’t play Ramsey and Rabiot which is pissing the fans off big time.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
Goal already pouncing on the rumours (from not the best sources) that there's been a bust up in the dressing room after the Watford match.

blaze_of_glory

Summary of an Athletic article from Reddit:

• Unai was always intended to be a bridge and a pragmatic manager: "Gazidis and his executive team also identified Emery as a potential ferryman to see Arsenal through the treacherous transitional waters, stirred up by the last few years of Wenger’s reign. [...] Arteta was the front-runner for the job, before Gazidis had a late change of heart. Succeeding Wenger was long talked of as a potential poisoned chalice, and it seemed Arsenal’s chief executive was reluctant to drop a first-time manager into an undeniably difficult job. "

• Unai is unloved because his football is not fun to watch: "Emery’s tactical approach manages to be modern without being exciting."

• No pressing drills in training, despite being a public advocate.

• We used to have scout-team matches v. U-23s - these were popular, but they stopped never to return last year.
  • Emery remains popular with the players, although there is some frustration with the repetitious nature of some of his training methods.
  • Unai's communication may be a problem. This is less about his limited English and more about the message he conveys.

• Some of Unai's methods, particularly the focus on video analysis, turns off some players.

• Key take away: "If Emery was identified as a transitional coach, then in some ways his purpose has already been served. In his time in charge has overseen a huge churn in personnel: Arsenal have sold off much of the deadwood, and begun to bring academy players through. The executive team and the backroom staff have undergone significant restructuring. It might not feel like the team is progressing, but the club is evolving."

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

RItKiwUJX6lK6mwPubWLxDhEp1wURjgCN7EWxuiVI1o.png

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
19 shots per game. Massive lolz. In Fifa even if you don't touch the controller and let the AI have at it I don't think they'll manage that many in a game.

Pepes blue pill

100% spot on. I understand him changing the tactics around for the big games but we should be dominating the majority of this league and not ****ting ourselves playing the likes of Burnley and Brighton.

I wonder what cowardly tactics we'll see at home to the mighty Aston Villa at the weekend.

Didnt he play 5 at the back n 2 dms against huddersfield or some other crap last season

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Summary of an Athletic article from Reddit:

• Unai was always intended to be a bridge and a pragmatic manager: "Gazidis and his executive team also identified Emery as a potential ferryman to see Arsenal through the treacherous transitional waters, stirred up by the last few years of Wenger’s reign. [...] Arteta was the front-runner for the job, before Gazidis had a late change of heart. Succeeding Wenger was long talked of as a potential poisoned chalice, and it seemed Arsenal’s chief executive was reluctant to drop a first-time manager into an undeniably difficult job. "

• Unai is unloved because his football is not fun to watch: "Emery’s tactical approach manages to be modern without being exciting."

• No pressing drills in training, despite being a public advocate.

• We used to have scout-team matches v. U-23s - these were popular, but they stopped never to return last year.
  • Emery remains popular with the players, although there is some frustration with the repetitious nature of some of his training methods.
  • Unai's communication may be a problem. This is less about his limited English and more about the message he conveys.

• Some of Unai's methods, particularly the focus on video analysis, turns off some players.

• Key take away: "If Emery was identified as a transitional coach, then in some ways his purpose has already been served. In his time in charge has overseen a huge churn in personnel: Arsenal have sold off much of the deadwood, and begun to bring academy players through. The executive team and the backroom staff have undergone significant restructuring. It might not feel like the team is progressing, but the club is evolving."
The one criticism of Emery that really does hold water is his communication. To holds people’s attention you’ve got to be able to speak their language, have a clear delivery, make some jokes and be able to drive home the main points in an interesting way.

Emery falls at the first hurdle. I can’t even image what two hours of watching videos must be like with his commentary over it. Zzzzzzzzz.

Once the players start criticising him in public, he’s toast.

dbig

What's up with the crazy goal kick that cost us? Both CBs standing behind the goalie? Is it done by any other team?

We're worse than I can ever remember us playing since pre-Arsène. Relying on magic from PEA and hardly creating any chances of note, and getting battered at the back. This isn't what I expected when I heard we'd be getting a "pragmatic" manager. Teams with much lower cost and unheralded players are playing much better football than us.

Preacher

Always Crying
What's up with the crazy goal kick that cost us? Both CBs standing behind the goalie? Is it done by any other team?
Yeah, it's strange. Didn't notice any team doing this. It is too easy to trap us and force are turnover.

For example Pep uses this formation during playing from the back:
bqqtKuZ.jpg

2xyFq2z.jpg

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Xhaka said "Team was scared during the second half".

WTFFFFFFFFFFF!!!!!
Scared against the bottom of the league barrel???????????????

FFS..... I HATE EMERY!

Pepes blue pill

We're worse than I can ever remember us playing since pre-Arsène. Relying on magic from PEA and hardly creating any chances of note, and getting battered at the back. This isn't what I expected when I heard we'd be getting a "pragmatic" manager. Teams with much lower cost and unheralded players are playing much better football than us.

Its too much when you support a club like Arsenal, watch norwich beat man city and think to yourself there is no way Arsenal can do that cus the manager cant train to defend successfully

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

@Makingtrax aside I don’t think anyone here cares about him now.

Most could see the signs last seasons but were accused of having some weird Wenger related agenda by the usual lot. It so obvious now though, even those guys have had to come around.

Emery is a bum.

I gave him a shot until the first few games this year, it can take time to bring ideas to a new team, and we looked alright after the City and Chelsea losses.

This year is potentially the worst I’ve ever seen us start, we look dreadful. I don’t know how after all the money spent and two summers he’s had with the squad he has playing such chodish football.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom